'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

Well the GM for the Reds had said that they need to go out and get a new SS.  There were 3 free agents out there and two of them signed elsewhere today.  Simmons signed with the Twins and Simone signed with the Blue Jays.  The only one left is Girgirious so the Refs need to step up. Even Freddie Galvis signed with the Orioles today.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the GM for the Reds had said that they need to go out and get a new SS.  There were 3 free agents out there and two of them signed elsewhere today.  Simmons signed with the Twins and Simone signed with the Blue Jays.  The only one left is Girgirious so the Refs need to step up. Even Freddie Galvis signed with the Orioles today.

Jose Garcia is the man!  LOL

24 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man what's the world coming too??

I see where the Yanks have dealt Adam Ottavino to.....  uugghh...... the Red Sawks??? For cash or a player to be named later. Oh Well....

Ummmmmm, is that a big deal?  Am I missing something?

4 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man what's the world coming too??

I see where the Yanks have dealt Adam Ottavino to.....  uugghh...... the Red Sawks??? For cash or a player to be named later. Oh Well....

So, can the Yanks now call it even from the Babe Ruth deal? 

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

No one was elected into the HOF this year.

I just don't care how they vote for the HOF.  I think each player should have just one chance to be elected. They should not regulate how many can go in one class.  If you get voted in that is fine but if you don't then you shouldn't be on another ballot. No me you are either good enough or you are not to get elected.  Your resume does not get any better the longer you are on the ballot. To me the HOF is for the very best if the best and not the hall if the very good.

Got to disagree with this.  Some all time greats were not voted in on the first ballot.  And, you really can't change it up now.   

For example, Scott Rolen will likely ultimately get in.  If you change the rule now, how does the Hall justify Larry Walker getting in on his las ballot, but not giving Rolen an opportunity for the same.   

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Got to disagree with this.  Some all time greats were not voted in on the first ballot.  And, you really can't change it up now.   

For example, Scott Rolen will likely ultimately get in.  If you change the rule now, how does the Hall justify Larry Walker getting in on his las ballot, but not giving Rolen an opportunity for the same.   

I think Rolen is a very good but I don't consider him a HOF.  That is what I was talking about it not being the Hall of if the very good.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also one of the reasons some don't get voted at first is the rule of only so many can go in at a time.  If they have a rule where there is not a limit on how many can go in then everyone worthy would be voted in.  To me you are either a HOF or you are not so I don't get why they are on ballots for years.  Your resume doesn't get better so if you are not voted in one time it doesn't make since 10 years later a guy gets voted in.

Archived