'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds appear to have found their shortstop.

Reds, Jonathan Villar Discussing Contract - MLB Trade Rumors

Wow going onto the season people thought we would get Didi or Simein bit now having to settle for Villar.  He has been pretty good over the years and he does have speed with 40 SB two years ago.  If he can get back to the 2019 stats it would be a good signing.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wow going onto the season people thought we would get Didi or Simein bit now having to settle for Villar.  He has been pretty good over the years and he does have speed with 40 SB two years ago.  If he can get back to the 2019 stats it would be a good signing.

Well, I guess it's better than Holder, Farmer, etc.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, rico said:

Which brings me to the question of just who the Dodgers lose/lost from last year's squad?

Alex Wood(San Fran)Kike Hernandez(Boston), Joo Pederson(Cubs), Pedro Baez(astros). Even with those roll player losses, the Dodgers are stacked beyond belief, especially in the minor leagues. 
  The Kid from Fort Wayne(Zach Mckinstry) will fill in nicely especially if he keeps up his developmental pace that he’s had over the last few years. And Gavin Lux will now be expected to be the everyday second baseman. 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:53 AM, rico said:

Analytics are part of the game now.  Like it or not they are here to stay.

Kids today didn't "give-up" on baseball.  It appears fewer want to participate in it.  Football and basketball are the "cool" sports now.  Throw in soccer and NASCAR and that is where we are at with kids.

As far as the rule changes...I can't do anything about 'em.  But for this 53 year-old guy they tend to drive me away from the sport a little at a time.  This is a sport, on the professional level, that was much better back in the day.

I don’t want analytics to go away.  But if announcers would stop talking about it I think it would help.  

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t want analytics to go away.  But if announcers would stop talking about it I think it would help.  

I apologize but let me get this straight.

It is of your opinion that the game is too "complicated" for the kids?

On 2/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, IU Scott said:

the only bad thing about Villar is his defense and our infield defense is already bad

If the deal becomes official then I'm fine with it. I've seen some reports from guys with connections to the DR that have said a deal is has been reached so I'm guessing they are waiting on a physical to be done.  Holder is a good defender so they can use him as a defensive replacement late in games to help with those defensive problems. 

Archived