'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

World series here we come.  Bad thing is that he was a rule 5 draft pick so if I read it correctly he has to stay on the roster the whole year.  if not they will have to send him back.  I have read where they still looking at trading for Rosario of the Indians

https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/01/30/cincinnati-reds-acquire-shortstop-kyle-holder-from-philadelphia-phillies/

david bell.jpg

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, rico said:

The Reds reportedly are close to signing Sean Doolittle.  A name very appropriate for Cincy's roster.

Have you watched the Cubs offseason? Haha. 100 years to undo all the wrong...spend 7-8 years of turning everything around and in one short off season they've destroyed every ounce of goodwill. Being mad at Bears ownership just comes with the territory of being a Chicago fan....but I really believed in the Ricketts. 

We have 1 starter. Zero pen....and to be determined on what will happen with Rizzo/Bryant/Baez. On paper this is a 70-75 win team max. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Have you watched the Cubs offseason? Haha. 100 years to undo all the wrong...spend 7-8 years of turning everything around and in one short off season they've destroyed every ounce of goodwill. Being mad at Bears ownership just comes with the territory of being a Chicago fan....but I really believed in the Ricketts. 

We have 1 starter. Zero pen....and to be determined on what will happen with Rizzo/Bryant/Baez. On paper this is a 70-75 win team max. 

You will get no pity from a guy that hasn't won a WS since 1990...

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you HAD to pick between Purdue or the Cardinals, who would it be?

Cardinals because I actually liked watching them under Whitey Herzog.  You just don't see that style of play any longer and baseball has taken a lot of entertaining aspects out of the game.  What made me dislike the Cardinals were Toney Larussa and Molina.  As a Reds fan I can't stand Molina and wished someone would have taken him out in that brawl.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cardinals because I actually liked watching them under Whitey Herzog.  You just don't see that style of play any longer and baseball has taken a lot of entertaining aspects out of the game.  What made me dislike the Cardinals were Toney Larussa and Molina.  As a Reds fan I can't stand Molina and wished someone would have taken him out in that brawl.

Fair enough!

Archived