Big Ten 2020-2021

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

MSU really isn't a scary team when you look at them.  Their guards are pretty average and they don't have a real dominant big front line.  I just don't believe this is a typical Izzo team...at least right now.  

They sure don't play defense or scrap for loose balls like MSU teams traditionally do...

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The last 4 minutes of this MSU game is one of the worst stretches of basketball I have seen.  Both teams are just throwing up shots and most of them have been bricks. Even Robbie Hummel commented it was more of a pick up game.

It's been that way the whole game, really...

I know the sightlines for shooting are terrible at The Barn, but come on...25%?

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not even like Minnesota played great

Nope...MSU just played poorly.  Minnesota has beaten them pretty badly on the boards.  MSU doesn't have a real "go to guy".  Their guards are very average.  I imagine everyone in Lansing figured Watts would take over for the kid who graduated... can't think of his name.  Big shoes to fill.

Edited by jv1972iu

38 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Nope...MSU just played poorly.  Minnesota has beaten them pretty badly on the boards.  MSU doesn't have a real "go to guy".  Their guards are very average.  I imagine everyone in Lansing figured Watts would take over for the kid who graduated... can't think of his name.  Big shoes to fill.

Cassius Winston

8 hours ago, slojoe said:

Gee would could finish a couple of places ahead of MSU and still not make the NCAAT.

Now lets not start throwing dirt on Sparty's casket quite yet.  Izzo has a proven track record of getting teams ready for the NCAAT.  The last time MSU missed the tournament was '97.