Big Ten 2020-2021

UM finished on a 9-0 run to finish the half and is up 43-29/  They said this is the first game this year that UM has played a ranked team.  At least the parts I have seen UM is a lot better than I thought they would be.  I had them like 6th or 7th in the league but right now they will be better than that.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

UM finished on a 9-0 run to finish the half and is up 43-29/  They said this is the first game this year that UM has played a ranked team.  At least the parts I have seen UM is a lot better than I thought they would be.  I had them like 6th or 7th in the league but right now they will be better than that.

I was gonna say the same thing. Wagner looks like his brother did, and Michigan is deep...and can shoot...

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For those who wanted a few laughs:

Someone needs to tell Nojel that the NBA doesn't draft towel boys.

Him and his mama have got to be some of the most delusional people on earth.  I'm surprised at how civil the replies were...most of them encouraging and even feeding his silly delusion.  Not typical of Twitter nation.

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Someone needs to tell Nojel that the NBA doesn't draft towel boys.

Him and his mama have got to be some of the most delusional people on earth.  I'm surprised at how civil the replies were...most of them encouraging and even feeding his silly delusion.  Not typical of Twitter nation.

This dude (Eastern) is a MORON!

Edited by jefftheref

Michigan has lots and lots of shooters and a legit low post threat in Dickenson. They don’t always play great defense but they can get in on a streak and lock down and erase a lead very quickly or extend it out. People can make fun of Howard at their own detriment. He is not Izzo but he also isn’t Ewing either. Given how well he has recruited he is going to be around for awhile. Doesn’t look like they are going to have to take a step back as a program at all. 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Michigan has lots and lots of shooters and a legit low post threat in Dickenson. They don’t always play great defense but they can get in on a streak and lock down and erase a lead very quickly or extend it out. People can make fun of Howard at their own detriment. He is not Izzo but he also isn’t Ewing either. Given how well he has recruited he is going to be around for awhile. Doesn’t look like they are going to have to take a step back as a program at all. 

There's a big difference in making fun of him and saying the jury is very much out on whether he can coach or not.  He's started out hot on recruiting and that will cover up a lot of shortcomings from a coaching and development standpoint.

Penny Hardaway looked good initially at Memphis too.  I'm not ready to label Howard a coaching savant or a Ewing or something in between.  There's just too little data at this point.  Time will tell but I'm interested in seeing how he coaches if/when his recruiting cools off or if he loses a good bench coach like Martelli.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Haven't seen anything claiming which school tested positive or any additional postponements for either school yet, but both are upcoming on the schedule. Play Nebraska Sunday and Purdue next Thursday (1/14)

On one hand postponing Nebraska game would help Armaan miss maybe only Thursday game....but we definitely need to play that game because "on paper" it's one of the easiest we have all year. Given our schedule compared to others we need all the paper easy ones we can get. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On one hand postponing Nebraska game would help Armaan miss maybe only Thursday game....but we definitely need to play that game because "on paper" it's one of the easiest we have all year. Given our schedule compared to others we need all the paper easy ones we can get. 

i really want to get that game in to hopefully get us back to .500 after the Wisc loss.  at the same time, you're right.  if he's out, do we possibly lose at NEB.  can't have that!

• Like 1