Big Ten 2020-2021

Quick question. Is Kenpom the stats we don't use because they use last year data? Wasn't sure which service was the best. Here's the most recent Kenpom numbers for Big 10 is why I ask.

4-Wisconsin 6-Iowa 7-Illinois 10-Michigan 11-Ohio State 20-Rutgers 23-Indiana 34-Minnesota 36-Purdue 45-Maryland 49-Penn Sate 52-Michigan St 54-Northwestern 120-Nebraska

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick question. Is Kenpom the stats we don't use because they use last year data? Wasn't sure which service was the best. Here's the most recent Kenpom numbers for Big 10 is why I ask.

4-Wisconsin 6-Iowa 7-Illinois 10-Michigan 11-Ohio State 20-Rutgers 23-Indiana 34-Minnesota 36-Purdue 45-Maryland 49-Penn Sate 52-Michigan St 54-Northwestern 120-Nebraska

Imo kenpom and really all the computer rankings are probably more accurate this year early than previous because of the lack of cupcake fluff filling that teams normally stuff up on early.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It’s a gradual process with KenPom— his metrics use last year stats, so at the beginning of the season they are next to meaningless, but as the season progresses they reflect the current season strength of schedule, offense and defensive comparative strength etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Imo kenpom and really all the computer rankings are probably more accurate this year early than previous because of the lack of cupcake fluff filling that teams normally stuff up on early.  

Thanks! Just wasn't sure. Seems to me unlike many years the analytics will carry a ton more weight as proceed to tourney. You could have a few Big 10 teams (us included) who could be 9-11 but be in top 30 of Kenpom. Just curious. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! Just wasn't sure. Seems to me unlike many years the analytics will carry a ton more weight as proceed to tourney. You could have a few Big 10 teams (us included) who could be 9-11 but be in top 30 of Kenpom. Just curious. 

I posted the other day, at that time we had the number 6 sos and was projecting to finish #2.  No more complaining about that.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For those who wanted a few laughs:

I hope he has an agent that speaks Chinese....or maybe Italian because that is where he will end up. Not that there is anything wrong with that...certainly better than me but no chance this kid sniffs the league. Did the kid get a degree...that would be a travesty if he didn’t.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope he has an agent that speaks Chinese....or maybe Italian because that is where he will end up. Not that there is anything wrong with that...certainly better than me but no chance this kid sniffs the league. Did the kid get a degree...that would be a travesty if he didn’t.

Nope he didn’t which is unfortunate. He wasn’t a grad transfer like Haarms. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nope he didn’t which is unfortunate. He wasn’t a grad transfer like Haarms. 

That’s a sad example. I know how influential his mom was...how could she not get that kid to stay in school...somewhere anywhere! Just finish...pros aren’t going anywhere.

Either Minnesota is better than I thought, or Williams Arena screws up shooters so bad it's gonna be hard to win there...Gophers up 19 on OSU with 5 minutes left. The Buckeyes only hitting 34% of their shots...

Liam Robbins, big kid for Minny, can play...

Edited by IUFLA

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Either Minnesota is better than I thought, or Williams Arena screws up shooters so bad it's gonna be hard to win there...Gophers up 19 on OSU with 5 minutes left. The Buckeyes only hitting 34% of their shots...

Liam Robbins, big kid for Minny, can play...

Funny Minnesota can't shoot on the road because they shot 30 percent in the two road games