'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

I was reading that UF player who collapsed tested positive for covid-19 in the summer.  We all know this can lead to mycocarditis which can be a fatal.  If we find out that is what caused him to collapse then sports might be in danger to shutting down.  That is just my opinion but could see.people not wanting to take anymore chances with these kids health.

Edited by IU Scott

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was reading that UF player who collapsed tested positive for covid-19 in the summer.  We all know this can lead to mycocarditis which can be a fatal.  If we find out that is what caused him to collapse then sports might be in danger to shutting down.  That is just my opinion but could see.people not wanting to take anymore chances with these kids health.

Maybe but didn’t our league put in all kinds of rules and test players have to go thru with football if they got COVID before they go back on the field? If they use those same guidelines we might be okay. 

5 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Maybe but didn’t our league put in all kinds of rules and test players have to go thru with football if they got COVID before they go back on the field? If they use those same guidelines we might be okay. 

I feel pretty confident in saying the Big 10 has the most strict rules about players for leagues who are playing. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/syracuse-coach-jim-boeheim-puts-alabamas-nate-oats-on-blast-for-questioning-dukes-coach-k/

Before the apology and here is part of a quote from the article.

"Mike Krzyzewski -- anybody who thinks that he might not play because his team lost two games, it really is sad," he said. "I feel bad for somebody that would make a statement like that. I can understand how bloggers do that because they don't -- that's what they do. But Mike Krzyzewski isn't saying that because he doesn't want to play or he doesn't have a good team. He said that consistently from the beginning of the year and it's sad to see somebody say something like that. It really speaks to somebody's character."

Watching the Georgetown and St. Johns game and thought how far these programs have fallen in the last 25 years.  these two use to have a lot of talent come through their programs and today the talent level is pretty poor.  Teams like these two plus DePaul who are in major cities just seem like they don't filed great teams any longer.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the Georgetown and St. Johns game and thought how far these programs have fallen in the last 25 years.  these two use to have a lot of talent come through their programs and today the talent level is pretty poor.  Teams like these two plus DePaul who are in major cities just seem like they don't filed great teams any longer.

Does it remind you of anyone?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You left out UNLV...

Saw the new AP top 25 poll and can't believe Duke is still at #21.  Not saying we should be ranked but if Duke is then we should because our resume is better than theirs.

Duke two wins- Coppin St. and Bellermine

IU four wins- Ten. Tech, Providence, Stanford, N. Alabama

Duke two losses- #4 MSU and #13 UI

IU two losses- #11 UT and #15 FSU

On 12/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, Coach1K said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/syracuse-coach-jim-boeheim-puts-alabamas-nate-oats-on-blast-for-questioning-dukes-coach-k/

Before the apology and here is part of a quote from the article.

"Mike Krzyzewski -- anybody who thinks that he might not play because his team lost two games, it really is sad," he said. "I feel bad for somebody that would make a statement like that. I can understand how bloggers do that because they don't -- that's what they do. But Mike Krzyzewski isn't saying that because he doesn't want to play or he doesn't have a good team. He said that consistently from the beginning of the year and it's sad to see somebody say something like that. It really speaks to somebody's character."

The only thing I took from that article is that Boeheim only wants to play because Syracuse is 4-1...😉

Edited by GaloisGroupe