Texas

Hopefully we bring the same energy or it could get ugly.  Texas has as much talent as anyone in the country and if they put it together, watch out.  Although if we play like yesterday and they play like yesterday it could get ugly the other way too.  Consistency is what I’m looking for the most in this years team.  Something Archie hasn’t had since he arrived.  Mostly because of a couple players.

I love TJD, he’s obviously a beast...but yesterday Race showed him how to put his big boy pants on. I’m hoping the performance from Race will kind of motivate Trayce to come out with his hair on fire and have some extra pep in his step, and if they are BOTH able to play like Race did yesterday then watch out. 

33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Hopefully we bring the same energy or it could get ugly.  Texas has as much talent as anyone in the country and if they put it together, watch out.  Although if we play like yesterday and they play like yesterday it could get ugly the other way too.  Consistency is what I’m looking for the most in this years team.  Something Archie hasn’t had since he arrived.  Mostly because of a couple players.

I've wondered whether the mercurial nature of some of our former players was the reason for the inconsistency of the past...Thinking a bit about the "fool's gold" of the FSU win last year.

Hopefully we'll see today...

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've wondered whether the mercurial nature of some of our former players was the reason for the inconsistency of the past...Thinking a bit about the "fool's gold" of the FSU win last year.

Hopefully we'll see today...

Time will tell on that I suppose.  And yes, we should see a little more today.

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

while i don't think yesterday was a fluke for Race, i hope we're not expecting that to be his average game.  i'm not going to be a bit surprised if TJD is the better player today.  let's hope it's both!

Especially with those heavy minutes Race played, with a quick turnaround. 

Gonna need TJD and Hunter today. Thats what good teams do. Can be a different guy every night.

Gonna be interesting.

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

while i don't think yesterday was a fluke for Race, i hope we're not expecting that to be his average game.  i'm not going to be a bit surprised if TJD is the better player today.  let's hope it's both!

Always good when a player has a down game, which happens...... that another is able to be able to pick up the slack.  So far.... I am liking what I am seeing with this team.... they DO play D.... and I also like each and every one of our freshman.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Always good when a player has a down game, which happens...... that another is able to be able to pick up the slack.  So far.... I am liking what I am seeing with this team.... they DO play D.... and I also like each and every one of our freshman.

Agree, so far this looks like an IU team we can LIKE and pull for. Good times and bad. Seems like quality kids that play hard. 

Archived