Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

I don't know, but I haven't got a good feeling for this game...

On one hand, we've played more games (4 to their 1) against better competition, and we did beat them handily last year.

On the other, they're big, athletic, experienced,(where have I heard this before?), its on the road, and a Leonard Hamilton team will always be well coached and play defense. 

I'd like to get Joey and Al back, but might be another primer game for the kids...

BTW, I will NEVER pick against IU (told you I was the eternal optimist) so IU over FSU in a close one.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know, but I haven't got a good feeling for this game...

On one hand, we've played more games (4 to their 1) against better competition, and we did beat them handily last year.

On the other, they're big, athletic, experienced,(where have I heard this before?), its on the road, and a Leonard Hamilton team will always be well coached and play defense. 

I'd like to get Joey and Al back, but might be another primer game for the kids...

BTW, I will NEVER pick against IU (told you I was the eternal optimist) so IU over FSU in a close one.

Wasn't last year's game the one where Devonte went off for 30+ with his brother Danny in attendance at AH?  That undoubtedly helped in a big way.  He hit some 3's from downtown, as I recall.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just read up a bit on FSU. They’ve had some personnel turnover from last year, but  some key guys are back too. They only have one double figure scorer back (MJ Walker). Barnes is a highly rated freshman. I feel a bit better about our chances after my reading. It will be tough but not impossible. 

No fans and IU has much more experience.   IU has a very good chance. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are favored or it’s within a couple points.  

5 minutes ago, Bustout said:

No fans and IU has much more experience.   IU has a very good chance. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are favored or it’s within a couple points.  

Much more experience? They start a senior, 2 juniors, a sophomore, and a freshman. We have been starting a senior, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores. Overall roster experience FSU: 1.6 years, IU:1.2 years.

Their average height is 6'8" ours is 6'5".

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Gotcha...well, it'll be a good learning experience for us...good game to prepare for the B10.

Definitely.  Still thinking IU with some rest is going to take it.   Reminds me of the game at Minny last year.  

Stating the obvious here, but Not having fans at home will hurt us some - but is definitely going to help on road - especially with IUs freshmen getting a lot of PT.  

19 hours ago, Bustout said:

Definitely.  Still thinking IU with some rest is going to take it.   Reminds me of the game at Minny last year.  

Stating the obvious here, but Not having fans at home will hurt us some - but is definitely going to help on road - especially with IUs freshmen getting a lot of PT.  

Is it confirmed that they won't have fans?  I thought Desantis had opened things up down there.

2 hours ago, Coach1K said:

I will say this Leonard Hamilton can coach and his teams are always good.

Agreed. FSU will be a tough match up for IU, however, unlike the Texas game, CAM has had a week to prepare for this contest. I for one am glad to see the Hoosiers playing against good competition early. Hopefully it helps this team develop in the long run. I am expecting a hard fought, close game.

Trayce and Race cant do it all. Those 2 have pretty much been the offensive production. Defense has been solid but have got to get some perimeter shooting going.  I like that Lander isnt timid but he has got to get more shots to drop.  Keep shooting, it will happen. 

And Rob? Shoot the ball, c'mon man you can hit it. 

Galloway looks to be playing well but he needs to get more involved too. 

Archived