Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I struggle doing this. I never want to know the outcome before watching. Yet, I flat do not have the will power to not check my phone for updates.

I love watching games where I know IU will win.  Call it a character flaw...it's been a long time since I saw IU lose a game. 😂

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

Thanks, Mile! I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy as well. 

Thanks for asking, yes I started a new job in July. So basically with severance I just got a paid vacation for about a month in the summer :). I'm loving the new job and it's been a great fit. Really excited to help this company grow. 

Now...I remember. New job.  I am happy for you.

well, i'm trying to keep all negative comments to myself, so trying to post less, but a couple things... do we know Al's status?  don' know if i missed that anywhere.  i saw the speculating about Brunk.  i am finally on the team of saying he clearly needs to come off the bench, but would be nice to have him in any time TJD is out.  also, i know many like to say they don't care if we're ranked or not, and i can't understand that, but to each their own... anyway, we are 29th in votes in AP.  with so many top 25 matchups this week, we'll definitely be ranked if we pull this one off.  i like seeing a number by INDIANA.  i don't have a prediction on this one, but i sure hope we come out ready to play!

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well, i'm trying to keep all negative comments to myself, so trying to post less, but a couple things... do we know Al's status?  don' know if i missed that anywhere.  i saw the speculating about Brunk.  i am finally on the team of saying he clearly needs to come off the bench, but would be nice to have him in any time TJD is out.  also, i know many like to say they don't care if we're ranked or not, and i can't understand that, but to each their own... anyway, we are 29th in votes in AP.  with so many top 25 matchups this week, we'll definitely be ranked if we pull this one off.  i like seeing a number by INDIANA.  i don't have a prediction on this one, but i sure hope we come out ready to play!

I haven't seen anything official regarding Durham but he was warming up with the team before the Stanford game. That seems to indicate that it wasn't too serious and they probably just held him out as a precaution. 

29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Agree 100%.  It is very important to maintain national relevance. 

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I haven't seen anything official regarding Durham but he was warming up with the team before the Stanford game. That seems to indicate that it wasn't too serious and they probably just held him out as a precaution. 

i agree.  i guess if there's any concern about either or both, i hope they plan to hold them out of this game as long as possible and play them sparingly.  if it will make a difference in the outcome of the game, then try to win!  if not, hold them out or play limited.  

With Joey out indefinitely, CAM has to find a way to get Jerome and/or Jordan to be more productive at the 4 spot.

Right now, I'd rather see Jerome work down low than chuck it from deep. We've got plenty of guards that can do that. (mainly Rob & Al I hope).

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

With Joey out indefinitely, CAM has to find a way to get Jerome and/or Jordan to be more productive at the 4 spot.

Right now, I'd rather see Jerome work down low than chuck it from deep. We've got plenty of guards that can do that. (mainly Rob & Al I hope).

totally agree.  i will be scared to death if Jordan comes in a tight game.  

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Per Coach Miller on Monday (Dec.7).  Joey Brunk will continue to be unavailable.

It must be more serious than they made it seem at the beginning of the season. At that time it sounded like he could play if needed but they were just being cautious. "Unavailable" sounds more serious than caution so maybe an actual injury rather than a "sore back"?

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

The only fans that say they don't care about being ranked are fans of unranked teams.  

Wednesday is a great chance for us to break into the rankings.  With the upcoming schedule after FSU, we'd have a chance to move up some too. 

30 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The only fans that say they don't care about being ranked are fans of unranked teams.  

Wednesday is a great chance for us to break into the rankings.  With the upcoming schedule after FSU, we'd have a chance to move up some too. 

I think looking at recruiting and even seeding if/when there is a tournament again. The perception of being a top 25 team is always a good thing. It’s a measuring stick you wanna be on the right side of. 

Archived