Bucket Game

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going back through the film from Saturday... our defensive scheme on 3rd downs in the redzone was money. Strong side ILBer took #3, S took #2, Husky took #1... the corner (both times Mullen) sprinted over top of everyone reading the QB...

weakside- corner and FS bracketed #1 WR... ILB took the RB MTM. Rush 4. But we disguised the whole coverage... we showed Cover 0 and blitzing 5 or 6. All of those guys sprinted to who they were responsible for. 

We are well coached and we got some dudes who can execute our schemes. 

Definitely Turdue's bowl game.  Their fans desperately want to win this game and spoil IU's season.  They have a debate thread about which school has the better coach, stating that Brohm is 2-1 against Allen, so I just as desperately want to see IU win and take that argument away from the Six Million Dollar Man.  No reason IU should lose here, but they'd better come out jacked up to play because you know Turdue will be.

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Their matchups 

24-20 Purdue over 19 Iowa 

31-24 Purdue over Illinois 

27-20 14 Northwestern over Purdue

34-31 Minnesota over Purdue 

37-27 Nebraska over Purdue 

point differential is -13

Even with Tuttle instead of Penix, I still think we have the best offense out of anyone they'll play.  They've given up more points every single week too.  20, 24, 27, 34, 37, 37.

Other than the OSU game, the only touchdown we've given up the last 3 games was the late throw by Maryland.

I think we match up well to take away some of their offense, and I don't think they'll be able to stop us a lot on defense.  They get no pressure (bottom 5 in the country in sack percentage), and they don't force that many turnovers (89th in takeaways per game).  And their special teams is a special kind of bad.

The only way I see us losing is if Moore and/or Bell just really go off (like combine for 250+ yards), or if we make some stupid mistakes on offense.

53 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Even with Tuttle instead of Penix, I still think we have the best offense out of anyone they'll play.  They've given up more points every single week too.  20, 24, 27, 34, 37, 37.

Other than the OSU game, the only touchdown we've given up the last 3 games was the late throw by Maryland.

I think we match up well to take away some of their offense, and I don't think they'll be able to stop us a lot on defense.  They get no pressure (bottom 5 in the country in sack percentage), and they don't force that many turnovers (89th in takeaways per game).  And their special teams is a special kind of bad.

The only way I see us losing is if Moore and/or Bell just really go off (like combine for 250+ yards), or if we make some stupid mistakes on offense.

The part bolded and underlined blows my mind. 1 td in those games given up total. That’s crazy. Don’t matter what kind of schedule you have, that’s impressive. Let alone big ten opponents. 

We need to come out and punch them in the mouth and get a few score lead. Rivalry games are famously unpredictable and the last thing we want to is let them stick around into the second half. 

I want a statement game, something like 43-2. Something we can point to with in state recruits and say “really, you’re considering them?”.

I actually worry less about Bell and Moore then I do about Horvath. He’s a beast and can generate lots of first downs.

Archived