Bucket Game

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

It’s canceled 

C25C33D7-1E85-4E4D-8AF6-80EEEC1485B8.png

Well, this sucks but not surprising. I was really looking forward to IU beating up on PU, especially after the OSU decision. Looking for a silver lining...It gives IU a week and a half to prepare for Iowa depending on how bad COVID situation is.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

I wondered about that too.  Part of me wants to play the higher ranked team, but part of me wants to kick the crap out of Purdue.

I had the same thoughts, but after IU beat Wisconsin on the road and didn't move up the playoff ladder, I don't think it will matter much who IU plays next week. It makes more sense to me to have rivals play than a random game...but what do I know?!

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Any chance that the Big Ten would let IU play PU in the crossover week game? I would rather play a rival than Iowa.

Normally I'd agree, but beating Iowa is better for our chances at a NY6 game.

Then again after this week if we beat Iowa I'd fully expect the committee to drop Iowa out of the rankings, leave us at #12 saying we haven't beaten anyone ranked in the top 25 and then leave us out of the NY6. 

Just now, HoosierMama said:

Normally I'd agree, but beating Iowa is better for our chances at a NY6 game.

Then again after this week if we beat Iowa I'd fully expect the committee to drop Iowa out of the rankings, leave us at #12 saying we haven't beaten anyone ranked in the top 25 and then leave us out of the NY6. 

Especially if Wisconsin beats Iowa this week.

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. Love that it knocked our best defensive player out the last two games. 

Best player on a defense that was allowing 26 ppg...lmao. 

It made you 2-4 instead of 2-6, plus Jeff Lombardi still gets to point to a winning record against Allen when recruits want to know why that high school coach is in the CFP rankings instead of him. We know how much Purdue fans love their stats and pointless trivia. 

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Best player on a defense that was allowing 26 ppg...lmao. 

It made you 2-4 instead of 2-6, plus Jeff Lombardi still gets to point to a winning record against Allen when recruits want to know why that high school coach is in the CFP rankings instead of him. We know how much Purdue fans love their stats and pointless trivia. 

It’ll be interesting to see both of our ‘22 classes for sure. One thing I’m not worried about is recruiting. 

Archived