Bucket Game

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andy06 said:

I think we should play it in two weeks.  The conference arbitrarily set the end of the season so OSU could qualify for the CFP.

They are willing to change the rules,  so why can't we play this game after that date?

Good point. F the conference. 

I'll take whatever additional IU games we get this year - conference crossover, PU specifically, bowl game, both. Hell, who knows. This is truly a riddle wrapped in a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma. Just give us AT LEAST one more game! Any game! I don't want this year to end.

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’ll be interesting to see both of our ‘22 classes for sure. One thing I’m not worried about is recruiting. 

Not to be a jerk, but why not? The results haven’t been there, I don’t see a definitive answer at QB, and the offense is centered around passing. If I’m a RB I wouldn’t be interested. The defense is a whole mess itself and Diaco seems to have an increasingly warming seat. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

This really sucks. 

I agree.  And changing the rules to allow OSU to play in the championship game sucks as well.

Funny thing in Colorado.  Most of the season, the Denver Post did not list IU FB games.  Today (Dec. 10)....the Post listed IU vs PU on Saturday. 

53 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Not to be a jerk, but why not? The results haven’t been there, I don’t see a definitive answer at QB, and the offense is centered around passing. If I’m a RB I wouldn’t be interested. The defense is a whole mess itself and Diaco seems to have an increasingly warming seat. 

Because the talent has continued to rise and depth is being built (albeit slower than some would like). QB needs to get firmed up there’s no doubt about it. OL was better this year and should continue to improve. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt the last two years haven’t panned out the way most Purdue fans had hoped. But if we keep stacking talent, that will help. His two best classes are still underclassmen. 

Obviously Moore is going pro this year.   I think Bell would be silly to come back after his Jr. year next year.   Do you think with a good season Karlaftis is gone next year too?

I think next year is pretty crucial for Brohm, because those are potentially big losses.  The question is, does the DC stick with a 3-4, because the types of guys you recruit are different than a 4-3.  

48 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Obviously Moore is going pro this year.   I think Bell would be silly to come back after his Jr. year next year.   Do you think with a good season Karlaftis is gone next year too?

I think next year is pretty crucial for Brohm, because those are potentially big losses.  The question is, does the DC stick with a 3-4, because the types of guys you recruit are different than a 4-3.  

I could see GK going pro after next year with a good season for sure. Next year is absolutely critical you’re right. Who knows re Diaco. I’m less than thrilled with him. 

On 12/6/2020 at 8:11 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

From the Purdue board:

Unfortunately they have passed us up and in a big way. It has slowly been happening over the past 8 years or so. Indiana was on the cusp of making bowls and even playing good teams close. And while Hazell really dug us deep, they kept slowly getting better. With Kevin Wilson they had good offense but no D. Allen somehow has put it together. Last year going 8-5 really close to being 9-4 and now what he has been doing is coming to fruition. All the while we had a couple seasons of false hope as we have regressed. Never in anyone’s lifetime should IU football be better than Purdue. Especially this much. This is just not good. Hopefully it can be fixed because as annoying as their fan base is, it’s only going to get worse

The part that cracks me up is when it says "never in anyone's lifetime should IU football be better than Purdue," as if Purdue is some big-time football program with high standards. 

Archived