Bucket Game

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hearing if the game is canceled this weekend, it would be an IU vs OSU rematch in Bloomington 

Honest question...why would IU do this?  Why help OSU?  Make the Big Ten change the rules.

I get the flip of side and just go out and win and that will take care of it, but that doesn't address my question.

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Honest question...why would IU do this?  Why help OSU?  Make the Big Ten change the rules.

I get the flip of side and just go out and win and that will take care of it, but that doesn't address my question.

To me having to play OSU is not good for IU because if we lose it will hurt the quality of bowl we could go to.

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Normally I would say don't back down from anyone, but I don't see much upside to playing them again.  Even if we win, they'd still probably rank OSU ahead of us unless we blew them out, and we'd still need some help to get into the CFP.  A loss could knock us out of a NY6 bowl.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Normally I would say don't back down from anyone, but I don't see much upside to playing them again.  Even if we win, they'd still probably rank OSU ahead of us unless we blew them out, and we'd still need some help to get into the CFP.  A loss could knock us out of a NY6 bowl.

I think you are correct, but it doesn't make it any less infuriating. There would be no logical basis to rank OSU over us if we were to beat them in a rematch.

Even if you devalue the wins over Michigan and Penn State, which is probably fair, we still have a better win then they do(At Wisconsin) and more W's overall.

If we beat OSU, and they are a CFP contender, I don't see why we shouldn't be strongly considered for the CFP depending on what happens with everyone else. Everyone knows that under a similar circumstance, Clemson and ND would likely both get in with one loss if Clemson beats ND in the ACC Championship. Same thing potentially would go for Florida beating Alabama-both with one loss would likely be in or on the border of being in.

Here's what I forsee:

BIG gets rid of the minimum game requirement. IU plays Purdue is delayed one week and they are our crossover game. Honestly, I'm disappointed because its one less game with a really fun team, but in all reality a bye week couldn't hurt at this point/we still get the chance to destroy Purdue/Play in a NY6 bowl.

Archived