Butler Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so just looking at the stats from 1 game it looks like they have experienced guards and not much size.  biggest kid with stats is 6'9'', but not much productivity.  only other big kid is the 6'10'' kid from Carmel that i'm guessing many of you Indiana residents know?  seeing he had 0 pts and 0 rebs, i'm assuming he is not a factor?  

It's interesting to me that back in the 2 years Butler made national headlines 2010 and 2011, the majority of their kids were from Indiana, or nearby states...This year's roster is all over the place, with only 2 Indiana kids, neither who saw significant time in the opener...

Is that a recruiting strategy change on Butler's part, or just an residual of recruiting opportunities?

13 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I would imagine the jump from the Horizon league to A10 to the big East played a large part in their recruiting strategy. Their status is elevated and their conference stretches throughout the country. They’re a National brand in a way they weren’t before 2010. 

That's a good explanation...I wonder if that equates to more success though?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It's interesting to me that back in the 2 years Butler made national headlines 2010 and 2011, the majority of their kids were from Indiana, or nearby states...This year's roster is all over the place, with only 2 Indiana kids, neither who saw significant time in the opener...

Is that a recruiting strategy change on Butler's part, or just an residual of recruiting opportunities?

I don't know nor ever heard of the kid from Dwenger.

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

I would imagine the jump from the Horizon league to A10 to the big East played a large part in their recruiting strategy. Their status is elevated and their conference stretches throughout the country. They’re a National brand in a way they weren’t before 2010. 

It appears to me, that the "National Brand" isn't working for Indiana kids?

9 minutes ago, rico said:

It appears to me, that the "National Brand" isn't working for Indiana kids?

Yep. I won't derail a Butler pregame thread but some of the kids need to reevaluate that whole "brand" concept. Regarding Butler I don't have a real good feel of what's going on with their program. 

22 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Similar to Xavier. They often find good young coaches, have decent success, then left at the alter for a bigger program.

Great comp.  And to think at one time, back in the old days, they were in the same conference.  History repeats itself.

Archived