Northwestern post game...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This was totally and utterly embarrassing for IU to ever to lose at home to NW. Sure miss the days when we had a 28 game winning streak against them and a 32 game streak against UW.  I guess I have hit the wall and I am tired of trying to find a silver lining after everyone of these embarrassing losses.  How can AL and RP been playing together for 3 years but they have not gotten any better at running the team.  How in the world do we let a no name bum kill us for 17 points in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Also maybe it is time to bring in the next up and coming mid major coach to see if he can turn it around in 4 years.

But who is that??  If a change had to be made, id almost rather take my chances with Pearl than an coin flip on a mid major guy.

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Scott said that. Crap just got real folks. 

I told people just changing coaches was not the answer and now we are seeing that come true.  I was going to that a-hole when the first sign of troubler bashing on the new coach but I couldn't do it but it is harder to say anything positive about Archie.  I guess we are lucky I was not in charge because I would have hired Gregg Marshall.  Archie was not even on my list when we had the opening but all the experts talked about he was the top candidate for the opening.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This was totally and utterly embarrassing for IU to ever to lose at home to NW. Sure miss the days when we had a 28 game winning streak against them and a 32 game streak against UW.  I guess I have hit the wall and I am tired of trying to find a silver lining after everyone of these embarrassing losses.  How can AL and RP been playing together for 3 years but they have not gotten any better at running the team.  How in the world do we let a no name bum kill us for 17 points in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Also maybe it is time to bring in the next up and coming mid major coach to see if he can turn it around in 4 years.

EAAD0F2A-2A0C-4B53-B752-B52802CBE517.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I said after the Texas loss I think each season deserves it's own living being or body of work. I'll judge the program after the season. I'll stay with that train but man.....I don't know if it's our "Indiana High School Players" or what....but something isn't working. TJD ends up with 20+ but only 3 shots in first 18 minutes. Up 5 and turnover turnover turnover bad shot.....it's just off. The whole thing is just off. 

It all points back to guard play guard play guard play. Rob and Al are simply put not playing up to snuff. They are maxed out on their potential and it simply isn’t good enough. They just aren’t getting better. We have some guys like Armaan, Trayce, Trey, and Race that have shown me some things but man our junior and senior starting guards are not good at all...honestly they might not start on another team in the B1G. We just have to get much better there...more talented. Problem is Trayce will be leaving and then what will we have....yikes.

Who do we want as our next coach.  Archie, thought you were the guy but it sure isn’t looking promising.  Your best player shot the ball 12-13 times, and he’s a post player.  Give him 20+ shots a game!! Bobby Knight isn’t walking through that door unfortunately.  Been a long time since I didn’t care if I watched another IU game.  I’m at that point now, as a fan I’m just tired of getting my hopes up. I’ll watch if there isn’t anything else going on, but the days of scheduling things around IU basketball are over for me.  Never thought I’d say that, we aren’t elite anymore, haven’t been for almost 30 years and it doesn’t look like we will be in my lifetime again.  This will be my last post on here for a while, I’m going to find something else to invest my time in.  Love ya guys and hoping everyone enjoys their families and friends this Christmas.  Signing off! ✌🏻

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Who do we want as our next coach.  Archie, thought you were the guy but it sure isn’t looking promising.  Your best player shot the ball 12-13 times, and he’s a post player.  Give him 20+ shots a game!! Bobby Knight isn’t walking through that door unfortunately.  Been a long time since I didn’t care if I watched another IU game.  I’m at that point now, as a fan I’m just tired of getting my hopes up. I’ll watch if there isn’t anything else going on, but the days of scheduling things around IU basketball are over for me.  Never thought I’d say that, we aren’t elite anymore, haven’t been for almost 30 years and it doesn’t look like we will be in my lifetime again.  This will be my last post on here for a while, I’m going to find something else to invest my time in.  Love ya guys and hoping everyone enjoys their families and friends this Christmas.  Signing off! ✌🏻

John Beilein

I’ve not thought a complaint of CAM to this point in his tenure was warranted, but losing to Nwestern at home in year 4 CANNOT happen. Disappointed in ....

CAM’s inability to motivate 

Rob Phinisee - play Lander the majority of the minutes from here on out - guy has gotten worse as his career has gone on

AD’s inability to make good decisions over and over and over again

Free throw shooting - partly coach / partly player

The IQ of most guys - stupid turnovers, stupid moving screens at crucial points

TJD’s decision making tonight - he’ll get eaten alive in the league with his body and inability to shoot

Turnovers

Hunter’s horrible defense that keeps him off the floor

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Give me a guy that sees a problem with his team and then the next year that’s gone. 

Give me a guy that when he says he’s going to have to change the rotation. He changes the rotation. 

Give me a guy that wins more Big Ten games with his players than he does with his predecessors players.  

Give me a guy that can get the players to look like they give a crap. 

Archived