It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

So a bunch of coaches login to one Twitter account to post rumors? This is idiotic behind belief. Just because they get a few things right doesn't mean they are insiders. All you have to do is spend night and day on the internet looking at rumors and post it somewhere. Eventually you'll be right. Twitter is becoming the bathroom stall of the internet. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So a bunch of coaches login to one Twitter account to post rumors? This is idiotic behind belief. Just because they get a few things right doesn't mean they are insiders. All you have to do is spend night and day on the internet looking at rumors and post it somewhere. Eventually you'll be right. Twitter is becoming the bathroom stall of the internet. 

I also think it allows them an anonymous portal to share grievances.  The Archie slander aside, several of the recent posts have been slamming Mark Turgeon in some form or fashion.  They are obviously made by someone who has a bone to pick with Turgeon.  

Honestly, this is about as unprofessional of a setup as you can get.  

28 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I truly enjoy this board but this type of posting crosses a line for me.

I find this type of Tripe where CAM or our players are accused or derogatory insinuations made without ANY evidence to back them up to be totally reprehensible.  No matter where you stand on CAM's  future, this is simply unacceptable. Character assassination of our coach and players without a scintilla of evidence and completely unwarranted.

Reminds me of Staiin's Russia:  "Show me the man and I will show you the crime."  The famous quote from Stalin's head of secret police.  

This type of posting should be condemned. Period!

I will say this on the matter.  I have no issue with the poster who linked the tweet.  Whether it is a reputable source r not, the comment was out there and open for discussion.  As the responses have shown, no one agrees with it.  Even if it's not discussed here, rest assured, it will be discussed on some of our rivals boards.

The post that bothers me is the one with Romeo holding the bag of money.   Totally inappropriate.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Stop and think about it for a second.  What's to prevent an assistant coach from a school like, say, Illinois, posting inflammatory stuff about Archie to feed the fire about his future that's already been simmering.  

Exactly. Coaches do not want Indiana to do well. They are going to stoke the fire, that let's be honest, fans have started. That's why I am not a fan of any "fire the coach" threads or gossiping. This does IU ZERO good and only puts ideas of doubt into recruits and players. I wouldn't be surprised if these so-called coaches/experts are just forum trolls who parrot rumors and gossip to give it an additional illusion of truth/validity. I don't trust any Twitter handle that's not a real person's name. They may have some "insider" info, but to get to it you'd have to use a machete. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

When I googled the account and clicked on the first link it gave me, it took me to a tweet from 2019.   Interesting that 2 of the Top 3 on this list were previous IU coaches.  Could that mean something?  Maybe, maybe not.  

k8rpzO4d_bigger.jpg

Top Head Coaches That Should get Called Up a Level 1)Kelvin Sampson 2)Eric Musselman 3)Mike Davis 4)Steve Forbes 5)Tim Cluess 6)Ray Harper 7) Nate Oats 8)Mike Young 9)Russell Turner 10)Grant McCassland 11)Mike Rhoades 12)Mike Jones 13)Jason Hooten 14)John Becker 15)Ryan Odom

That's probably Google's algorithm giving you the links it thinks you'd be most interested in. They probably know you're an IU fan from past searches so gave you IU related results.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I will say this on the matter.  I have no issue with the poster who linked the tweet.  Whether it is a reputable source r not, the comment was out there and open for discussion.  As the responses have shown, no one agrees with it.  Even if it's not discussed here, rest assured, it will be discussed on some of our rivals boards.

The post that bothers me is the one with Romeo holding the bag of money.   Totally inappropriate.

To your point Fouls, I chose my words precisely.  I recommended condemnation not censorship.  

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

37 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's probably Google's algorithm giving you the links it thinks you'd be most interested in. They probably know you're an IU fan from past searches so gave you IU related results.

Yeah.  I get that.  My point was that, at least one of these anonymous 'coaches' using this twitter handle is a fan of 2 former IU coaches. I mean, they have actually ranked Mike Davis ahead of Nate Oats.   

Considering both Sampson and Davis were fired from Indiana, and this twitter handle is a fan of both.  it raises a question as to whether there is an axe to grind against IU in play here.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I get that.  My point was that, at least one of these anonymous 'coaches' using this twitter handle is a fan of 2 former IU coaches. I mean, they have actually ranked Mike Davis ahead of Nate Oats.   

Considering both of those coaches were fired from Indiana, it raises a question as to whether there is an axe to grind against IU in play here.  

Gotcha. I misread your post. 

Kelvin Sampson makes sense. Even though he has no morals, he is a really good coach. Mike Davis even being on that list much less #3 makes no sense.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Becoming?

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I also think it allows them an anonymous portal to share grievances.  The Archie slander aside, several of the recent posts have been slamming Mark Turgeon in some form or fashion.  They are obviously made by someone who has a bone to pick with Turgeon.  

Honestly, this is about as unprofessional of a setup as you can get.  

Turgeon especially, but also Brownell 

6 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Reading that makes me wonder if Dakich is a member there. Reads like something he’d say anonymously 

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It does sound like something he would say. 

Dakich is always critical of IUs assistants and was especially harsh with Schilling. But it would be his style to come out now and say Archie treated Schilling poorly 

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I can imagine Dakich saying a lot of things.  But, I can't imagine him blatantly call Archie a cheater though.  

During the Romeo days he called Romeo the shoe guy over and over.  Simply implying he was on the take from Adidas.  

Did he ever call Archie a blatant cheater?  No.  By he may have implied it.  I feel like he has mentioned Sean's cheating and said surely he knows he cheated, plus he was on his staff at one point.  

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I found this interesting. Who knows what the full details of this are but it doesn’t sound great. This account is ran by a group of college coaches around the country so they usually have good behind the scenes information. 

A87B4E6C-F53A-4A2E-AF3B-5E3D88914F4B.jpeg

I thought Schultz was on the Russian front.  Did someone bribe him with Strudel to spill the beans.

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

During the Romeo days he called Romeo the shoe guy over and over.  Simply implying he was on the take from Adidas.  

Did he ever call Archie a blatant cheater?  No.  By he may have implied it.  I feel like he has mentioned Sean's cheating and said surely he knows he cheated, plus he was on his staff at one point.  

The “shoe guy” comments and other negativity from DD toward Romeo is DD having a bad taste because New Albany beat his high school team in the 1980 semi-state game. He has found his niche by stirring the pot. I doubt DD gets much “inside” info anymore, at least not from the Archie Administration.

Archived