It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Bozich had a article as did Doyle. 

Bozich focused on the poor free throw shooting costing close games. This is nothing new. To Archie's detriment, he was arrogant and defensive about it in 2018 rather than recognizing the problem and addressing it. It may cost him his job.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/12/hoosiers-struggling-to-solve-free-throw-woes/

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure why everyone is complaining. I see 5 of 6 or 6 of 7 wins coming. Beat Iowa and this team is going to go on a run and all of a sudden....Archie will have firmly have the fans grounded again. Shoot it happened last year with Underwood at Illinois when 75% of his fan wanted him gone in December...why not us? 

I doubt it.  He's underachieved every year.  He needs a miracle at this point. 

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Here's the thing. Archie has completely lost the fan base.  He needs a F4 next season to possibly get them back.  So what do you do if we finish 3-4 in the B1G next season and get bounced in the round of 32 or Sweet 16?  The fans will still want him gone and will be tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. That won't change. I promise you on that.  It will be a lost cause no matter what at that point.  What do you do?

If IU finishes 3rd in the Big Ten and makes the Sweet Sixteen next year, I'll be really happy in understanding that we had a good year and are headed in the right direction. 

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Bozich focused on the poor free throw shooting costing close games. This is nothing new. To Archie's detriment, he was arrogant and defensive about it in 2018 rather than recognizing the problem and addressing it. It may cost him his job.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/12/hoosiers-struggling-to-solve-free-throw-woes/

That has been one of my biggest negatives about Archie.  I've seen little to no self-reflection from him.  We're still making the same mistakes, the same lack of lineup changes, the same poor shooting, the same lack of effort at times.  Nothing changes.  Almost all improvements we've made have been due to an increase in age and playing time, not really an increase in any skills.  Franklin is probably the only exception to that.

In 4 years, one guy has really improved his skills.  Are we doing the same things in practice?  Are we changing how we're teaching shooting and free throws?  Are we willing to bring in a "shot doctor?"  Why do we always start the same guys in the 2nd half who started the game?  Are things being done to try to build chemistry and hard work, or is that just something that is expected of kids?

Maybe we're trying to change a lot of things, but something we're doing in practices clearly isn't working.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If IU finishes 3rd in the Big Ten and makes the Sweet Sixteen next year, I'll be really happy in understanding that we had a good year and are headed in the right direction. 

Fans who think objectively would all think the same but emotional people are not objective,

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That has been one of my biggest negatives about Archie.  I've seen little to no self-reflection from him.  We're still making the same mistakes, the same lack of lineup changes, the same poor shooting, the same lack of effort at times.  Nothing changes.  Almost all improvements we've made have been due to an increase in age and playing time, not really an increase in any skills.  Franklin is probably the only exception to that.

In 4 years, one guy has really improved his skills.  Are we doing the same things in practice?  Are we changing how we're teaching shooting and free throws?  Are we willing to bring in a "shot doctor?"  Why do we always start the same guys in the 2nd half who started the game?  Are things being done to try to build chemistry and hard work, or is that just something that is expected of kids?

Maybe we're trying to change a lot of things, but something we're doing in practices clearly isn't working.

I think Race has improved his overall skills as well.

50 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I doubt it.  He's underachieved every year.  He needs a miracle at this point. 

Understand. Doubt it, miracle, and underachieved are words that say your point. With that said...if he and "the players" go on a run here would you reconsider? Or are you nail in the coffin he's done? 

26 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I would gladly take 3rd in the big ten and a sweet 16 appearance next year. 

I would also.  Finish in the middle of the pack this year and get into the top 3-4 next year and win a couple in the tournament.  I would add building a roster that gives confidence on sustaining success moving forward as well.  I like the Stewart addition, but Archie may want to add another transfer that is ready to play next season.   Franklin will be even better next season, Lander will be better also, and Stewart shouldn't have any problem replacing Al's production, but if Trayce leaves after this season, we'll need more help than that.  

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

This won’t be a popular take but, Archie’s our coach. We need to root like hell for the team and him until they are gone. Then root for the next guy. Negative takes on social media don’t help the team, fans, players, recruiting etc. Go Hoosiers! 

Amen

4 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think Archie is going to need to hit the transfer market pretty hard, even though I’m fairly excited about the group that will return next year. The team will only go as far as our guards, so Lander, Stewart and Franklin will probably need to step up another level unless we get a transfer. 

When Matt Cross hit the transfer portal, I thought he would be perfect.   A 6-7 guy that can shoot and play multiple positions.  From some of the comments on here and elsewhere, it seems likely not to happen.  Ideally, I think a player in the mold, maybe more talented, would fit the team pretty well.  I would like to see if the offense would improve with only one post player on the court.  I think Armaan could have even more of an impact with driving lanes more open as well as Lander.  

38 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

When Matt Cross hit the transfer portal, I thought he would be perfect.   A 6-7 guy that can shoot and play multiple positions.  From some of the comments on here and elsewhere, it seems likely not to happen.  Ideally, I think a player in the mold, maybe more talented, would fit the team pretty well.  I would like to see if the offense would improve with only one post player on the court.  I think Armaan could have even more of an impact with driving lanes more open as well as Lander.  

I really think a lineup of Lander, Stewart, Franklin, Geronimo and Thompson could really work in the big ten. Rob or transfer pg as the backup, Leal, Galloway, Hunter or Transfer, Brunk, and Duncomb feels like a fairly balanced lineup. A lot of fans talk about post play but Geronimo to me has shown the ability to play the post and stretch the floor on offense if he gets his jumper a little more consistent. 

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure why everyone is complaining. I see 5 of 6 or 6 of 7 wins coming. Beat Iowa and this team is going to go on a run and all of a sudden....Archie will have firmly have the fans grounded again. Shoot it happened last year with Underwood at Illinois when 75% of his fan wanted him gone in December...why not us? 

Didnt we already beat Iowa and then run straight to the crapper the next game? 🤔🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Didnt we already beat Iowa and then run straight to the crapper the next game? 🤔🤷‍♂️

I thought we were in the crapper before Iowa.  Then peaked our head over the rim beating Iowa.  And then fell back in.

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

We fired Crean because of too many down years spent on the bubble. Seasons exactly like all four we've experienced so far under Archie. In between those seasons, Crean would win the conference and make the Sweet Sixteen. A year like what you described would buy Archie some time, but I'd need to see more before I would believe we're headed in the right direction. There's a deficit of trust right now, and it's going to take more than one good year to climb out.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Don’t disagree but only a few know the true story on that.  I know I’d take him in a heartbeat 

2003–04 Baylor 8–21 3–13 11th Ineligible
2004–05 Baylor 9–19 1–15 12th  
2005–06 Baylor 4–13 4–12 12th  
2006–07 Baylor 15–16 4–12 11th  
2007–08 Baylor 21–11 9–7 T–4th NCAA Division I Round of 64
2008–09 Baylor 24–15 5–11 9th NIT Runner-up
2009–10 Baylor 28–8 11–5 T–2nd NCAA Division I Elite Eight
2010–11 Baylor 18–13 7–9 T–7th

What season are we in with CAM again?

Archived