2004–05 Baylor 9–19 1–15 12th  
2005–06 Baylor 4–13 4–12 12th  
2006–07 Baylor 15–16 4–12 11th  
2007–08 Baylor 21–11 9–7 T–4th NCAA Division I Round of 64
2008–09 Baylor 24–15 5–11 9th NIT Runner-up
2009–10 Baylor 28–8 11–5 T–2nd NCAA Division I Elite Eight
2010–11 Baylor 18–13 7–9 T–7th

What season are we in with CAM again?

You realize that Drew took over for Dave Bliss?  Remember that?  It made the Kelvin Sampson fiasco seem like a picnic.  I wouldn't judge him on his first few years.  He was also like 33 at the time with no real experience. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know the exact player rankings of his team members but I don’t think they have many of any 5 ️ players on there.  That shows player development to me. 

Highest rated RSCI is 58 in 2017. Pretty impressive to be undefeated in the Big 12 with that level of talent.

image.thumb.png.9a55187ae11b5e029dde6546e887fc8c.png

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You realize that Drew took over for Dave Bliss?  Remember that?  It made the Kelvin Sampson fiasco seem like a picnic.  I wouldn't judge him on his first few years.  He was also like 33 at the time with no real experience. 

Exactly. Too many phone calls/text vs. a teammate murder, illicit tuition payments, etc.

38 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

i respect yours and a handful of other peoples opinions on here. When i post my viewpoint it is to see the other side. so thanks.

But i posted the first 8 seasons, which is VERY similar to Crean's first 8. It wasnt good enough for IU. in 18 seasons Drew has had a handful of what i would call acceptable seasons for IU fans. I am just worried that everyone is looking at the shiny object because Baylor is phenomenal this year. is that enough to move on from CAM at this point?

With some of the talk about Alford, it reminds me of what an Iowa fan told me about him when he was there: that Alford was kind of "paranoid" and was constantly calling the police/sheriff to report someone trespassing or stalking about.  From how she described it, it was pretty frequent and everyone knew about it and considered him half-nuts yet arrogant.

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me it appears there recruiting is already fallen off.  They still get really good recruits but they are not getting many top 10 players any longer.

In the 2020 class they had 2 of the top 10 recruits. In 2021 they have #11 and they are a contender for Hunter Sallis who is #6. Also using the logic of some Clarke and Askew should be in the 2021 class so Cal shouldn’t be punished in his recruiting because those guys went to school a year early. 

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

In the 2020 class they had 2 of the top 10 recruits. In 2021 they have #11 and they are a contender for Hunter Sallis who is #6. Also using the logic of some Clarke and Askew should be in the 2021 class so Cal shouldn’t be punished in his recruiting because those guys went to school a year early. 

Just going on what I see on the court and the players on this team is not close to what they use to get

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just going on what I see on the court and the players on this team is not close to what they use to get

I agree with that which is a problem with the rankings. That said they've had some things not go in their favor. If Cunningham's brother isn't at Oklahoma State as a coach then he probably goes to UK. 

On 2/3/2021 at 3:34 AM, Hoosier0908! said:

Still, nobody is talking about him: Eric Musselman of Arkansas, formerly Nevada. The guy can COACH! He has spent time at nearly every level of basketball. And, being in his early 50s (I think), he is the guy that can be here for 15+ years. That’s who I get. Not Oats.

Musselman isn't great. He had stud athletes at Nevada and got severely outsmarted by Porter Moser in the tournament a few years back. Oats will outperform Musselman over the long-term.

I have been watching some high school games on ESPNU and right now Montverde is playing and they are the #1 team in the country.  I say we hire their coach Kevin Boyle since he has won 5 or the last 8 national championships and have won 44 games in a row.  They have had 50 D1 players in the last 10 years so he can recruit.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I have been watching some high school games on ESPNU and right now Montverde is playing and they are the #1 team in the country.  I say we hire their coach Kevin Boyle since he has won 5 or the last 8 national championships and have won 44 games in a row.  They have had 50 D1 players in the last 10 years so he can recruit.

See, I can actually get behind this mindset, but that's why I say Greg Tonagel.  If you got it, you got it.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

See, I can actually get behind this mindset, but that's why I say Greg Tonagel.  If you got it, you got it.  

I was joking but this guy was a good HS coach in New Jersey before going to Montverde 10 years ago.  Actually this game has been really good with them playing Sunrise academy from Kansas.  I think right now there are 9 D players on the court.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was joking but this guy was a good HS coach in New Jersey before going to Montverde 10 years ago.  Actually this game has been really good with them playing Sunrise academy from Kansas.  I think right now there are 9 D players on the court.

Some of these guys at basketball factory "high schools" are pretty good, but it's really all about the talent.  Put that guy at a traditional public school and see if he can coach.  

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

My dad worked at Manchester when Alford coached there. Our family was a HUGE Alford supporting family...if he became coach of IU that might be the end of Indiana for me for life. 

Well if Sampson didn't end our fandom then I don't know why Alford would.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if Sampson didn't end our fandom then I don't know why Alford would.

I’m just saying there’s those who value winning over character. I don’t agree with that...at all...and then there’s Alford. My dad has spent his life working with arrogance and poor character. It is what it is. Alford was in another league all to his own.

If this base wants Alford have at it.

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I found this interesting. Who knows what the full details of this are but it doesn’t sound great. This account is ran by a group of college coaches around the country so they usually have good behind the scenes information. 

A87B4E6C-F53A-4A2E-AF3B-5E3D88914F4B.jpeg

Were all the coaches at the Catalina Wine Mixer?

Archived