It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

35 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Completely inaccurate. Their “nice run” was Archie’s 3rd year at Dayton. His next three seasons they won 75% each year, made NCAAT each year, with conference titles his last two years

I’m not disagreeing but did his run of 75% also coincide with the A10 losing its top teams to conference realignment? For some reason I remember that being a red flag for me concerning Archie. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From 2012, but......

Critical Coaches: Who is perceived to be the biggest cheater in the sport? - CBSSports.com

• John Calipari (Kentucky): 36 percent
  • Scott Drew (Baylor): 34 percent
  • Ben Howland (UCLA): 12 percent
  • Jim Calhoun (Connecticut): 7 percent
  • Tom Crean (Indiana): 3 percent
  • Dave Rice (UNLV): 3 percent

On Scott Drew: "I don't even have to blink when I say the answer. He's despised by a lot of people because he comes off holier than God. Meanwhile, everyone knows he's had to cheat big-time to get the program to where it's at. If it wasn't for the God stuff he wouldn't rub people the wrong way as much."

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

From 2012, but......

Critical Coaches: Who is perceived to be the biggest cheater in the sport? - CBSSports.com

• John Calipari (Kentucky): 36 percent
  • Scott Drew (Baylor): 34 percent
  • Ben Howland (UCLA): 12 percent
  • Jim Calhoun (Connecticut): 7 percent
  • Tom Crean (Indiana): 3 percent
  • Dave Rice (UNLV): 3 percent

On Scott Drew: "I don't even have to blink when I say the answer. He's despised by a lot of people because he comes off holier than God. Meanwhile, everyone knows he's had to cheat big-time to get the program to where it's at. If it wasn't for the God stuff he wouldn't rub people the wrong way as much."

Any list that has Tom Crean for cheating is a bad list.  Didn’t like the guy as a coach but doubt he cheated. Scott Drew has always been thought of a cheater because he made Baylor relevant plus we remember the rumors of a Perea deportation.  Too bad he didn’t end up at Baylor too!

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Greg Doyel destroyed Archie on DD show today. He said Archie Sucks. can't develop players, Al no better, Rob no better and Hunter was a Maserati coming out of HS but is now a studebaker. He did say Race has improved. Says the team has taken on the personality of the coach, up tight and scared to shoot.

He actually called Hunter a donkey before retracting his statement in fear of being labeled.  

DD also said Armaan was at 65% and will play hurt the rest of the season.  

They discussed Hunter not dressing and sort of dismissed weed.  More of a possible lack of commitment or doing something stupid putting himself and team at risk.  

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Any list that has Tom Crean for cheating is a bad list.  Didn’t like the guy as a coach but doubt he cheated. Scott Drew has always been thought of a cheater because he made Baylor relevant plus we remember the rumors of a Perea deportation.  Too bad he didn’t end up at Baylor too!

Obviously, a list like this is heavily influenced by how well-liked a coach is at well.  If there were 100 coaches voting, that means Crean got 3 votes.  Big difference when compared to Cal and Drew.  You don't garner that much unless there is some truth to it.  Cream could have picked up a couple of votes for Big Ten coaches who were pissed at him about something.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

He actually called Hunter a donkey before retracting his statement in fear of being labeled.  

DD also said Armaan was at 65% and will play hurt the rest of the season.  

They discussed Hunter not dressing and sort of dismissed weed.  More of a possible lack of commitment or doing something stupid putting himself and team at risk.  

Dakich didn’t dismiss weed, that is/was his first thought as a coach he said.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Obviously, a list like this is heavily influenced by how well-liked a coach is at well.  If there were 100 coaches voting, that means Crean got 3 votes.  Big difference when compared to Cal and Drew.  You don't garner that much unless there is some truth to it.  Cream could have picked up a couple of votes for Big Ten coaches who were pissed at him about something.  

I still think Drew gets the label because he’s winning at Baylor. He’s a helluva coach.  Doesn’t get enough credit nationally as far as I’m concerned.  I mean it’s Baylor, It’s Baylor

CAM has had plenty of time to show his ability.   His teams regularly lose games to less-talented squads, even at Assembly Hall.   Only his recruiting has been above average.  Now with some quick and talented frosh players, he continues to float along giving too many minutes to Durham and Phinessee.  Those two are momentum killers, perhaps its Miller's instructions.   Miller by now should be using Lander, Leal and Geronimo more.  Franklin, Galloway, Thompson and TJD are solid.   While TJD is Archie's main weapon, he also shows CAM's weakness. Take a look at how often TJD steps aside to avoid a D-stop, or trots on transition.  Clearly, CAM is unable to instill healthy fear into his players.  

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know DD has always said if a player misses 3 games then come back you know it was about drugs.  We will see how long Hunter is out but probably will find out the reason 

I still think Drew gets the label because he’s winning at Baylor. He’s a helluva coach.  Doesn’t get enough credit nationally as far as I’m concerned.  I mean it’s Baylor, It’s Baylor

Coaches hear and see things when on the road recruiting so if there is smoke there usually is fire.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

DD said weed was his first thought at the sound of the news then after hearing the 2 post games quotes, him and Doyle in that conversation, I would call it thinking out loud to each, sort of shelved the weed idea and starting leaning towards the other two ideas.  And both admitted they didn't know for sure.  

If you know.  I won't be mad if you put it out there.  Just saying.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

Coaches hear and see things when on the road recruiting so if there is smoke there usually is fire.

He’s been doing it a long time and he’s never been mentioned in any of the NCAA investigations that I’m aware of. Most coaches operate in a gray area anyway, probably can change most to all

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know DD has always said if a player misses 3 games then come back you know it was about drugs.  We will see how long Hunter is out but probably will find out the reason 

And also said he thought that was based on a 10% suspension on a 30 game season.  

This is weird because Archie or the team has called it a coach's decision. 

DD said weed was his first thought at the sound of the news then after hearing the 2 post games quotes, him and Doyle in that conversation, I would call it thinking out loud to each, sort of shelved the weed idea and starting leaning towards the other two ideas.  And both admitted they didn't know for sure.  

If you know.  I won't be mad if you put it out there.  Just saying.  

We will just see how many games it is, my guess is 3

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Technically, we did get caught cheating under Crean's watch.

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Didn't one of our former coaches one say, It's Indiana, It's Indiana. LOL

And also said he thought that was based on a 10% suspension on a 30 game season.  

This is weird because Archie or the team has called it a coach's decision. 

I personally believe he’s just trying to give the kid a save face and a chance after all he’s been through with his leg injury. 

We will just see how many games it is, my guess is 3

DD said that 3 games was based on a 10% policy at the University.  I have no problem with CAM punishing him as long as he needs to send the message.  

I said this morning, cancel practice and see who shows up anyways and puts on work, then kick everyone else off the team.  But hey, we have to be gentle and coddle feelings.  

9 minutes ago, John S said:

CAM has had plenty of time to show his ability.   His teams regularly lose games to less-talented squads, even at Assembly Hall.   Only his recruiting has been above average.  Now with some quick and talented frosh players, he continues to float along giving too many minutes to Durham and Phinessee.  Those two are momentum killers, perhaps its Miller's instructions.   Miller by now should be using Lander, Leal and Geronimo more.  Franklin, Galloway, Thompson and TJD are solid.   While TJD is Archie's main weapon, he also shows CAM's weakness. Take a look at how often TJD steps aside to avoid a D-stop, or trots on transition.  Clearly, CAM is unable to instill healthy fear into his players.  

Welcome to the board

Archived