It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, rico said:

giphy.gif

Is that enough money to buy out happiness though?  That is your question.  For a guy that is already a multi-millionaire, how much more money does it take before you feel the impact of that extra cash?  I have read that Stevens is happy not having to recruit when he is not coaching.  How much more money do you need to pay to have him consider giving that happiness up?

I think that is your problem.  He already makes life changing money and he will continue to do so.  How much more do you have to pay?  My guess is more than IU has the ability to pay.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Is that enough money to buy out happiness though?  That is your question.  For a guy that is already a multi-millionaire, how much more money does it take before you feel the impact of that extra cash?  I have read that Stevens is happy not having to recruit when he is not coaching.  How much more money do you need to pay to have him consider giving that happiness up?

I think that is your problem.  He already makes life changing money and he will continue to do so.  How much more do you have to pay?  My guess is more than IU has the ability to pay.

Amen and that was what I was trying to get across but you did nit a lot better

15 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That is one way to hypothesize future events. There are other scenarios that just might have different points of view.

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Sure.  Make the offer, I am not saying not too.  You gotta shoot your shot, but I just doubt we have enough for him to say yes.

Nobody here knows what Brad Stevens' dreams and aspirations are.  Nor do we know what Brad, himself, wants to achieve in his time here on the Earth.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it is normal for a fan base to over hype your own program but it is funny how our fans think our coaching job is still elite.  We act like all of these coaches grew up dreaming of coming to coach at IU and think they will drop everything to come here.

I think it isn’t what some think it is but it’s better than what some think it is also.

IU basketball isn’t like Nebraska and ND football. It isn’t built on some of the things they were that are now gone. It’s more like Alabama football and Texas Football. There’s a grass roots level passion, a recruiting grounds, a fan base, etc that is there IF the Administration and Coach get on the same page. There are selling points to IU that the overwhelming number of college basketball programs do NOT have.

have we lost luster? Absolutely. But it’s more of a sleeping giant than it is a dead horse.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it is normal for a fan base to over hype your own program but it is funny how our fans think our coaching job is still elite.  We act like all of these coaches grew up dreaming of coming to coach at IU and think they will drop everything to come here.

We get your view on this, trust me. You’re a nice guy but repeating  it over and over and over won’t make it true that we are hiring Greg Lansing from ISU.  The horse is dead.  We get your views.  It’s clear as a bell.  

56 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We get your view on this, trust me. You’re a nice guy but repeating  it over and over and over won’t make it true that we are hiring Greg Lansing from ISU.  The horse is dead.  We get your views.  It’s clear as a bell.  

So you don't want me to keep repeating the same things but everybody else does it after every game abut firing Archie

1 hour ago, rico said:

Nobody here knows what Brad Stevens' dreams and aspirations are.  Nor do we know what Brad, himself, wants to achieve in his time here on the Earth.

Agreed.  We are all speculating.  My speculation is based on hearsay (he didn't like recruiting, his wife is happy in Boston and with his hours, he likes having some of the summer off) and some on observation (he didn't go for a college step up from Butler, he went for the pros, there has been no real interest in returning to college noted, etc.)

Now does he have a secret desire to become the next Bob Knight based on his relationship with the program as a child?  Maybe.  Should we reach out to see if there is any interest whatsoever the next time the coaching position at Indiana is open?  Absolutely.  Do I think he is coming here?  No.

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed already. But it seems the media in now getting on board with Archie isn’t good enough. 

He never was. He was a lousy, awful hire that had one nice run at Dayton. He is clearly in way over his head and is stealing money at this point.

Indiana University has no vision for their basketball program and does not want to put forth the effort, determination, money and competency to hire a top of the line coach who can get the 'dogs' needed in this program to win. Michigan State is where the 'dogs' go in the Big Ten but the university and frankly, too many fans, would clutch their pearls if we got those guys 

Just now, Sea Turtle said:

He never was. He was a lousy, awful hire that had one nice run at Dayton. He is clearly in way over his head and is stealing money at this point.

Indiana University has no vision for their basketball program and does not want to put forth the effort, determination, money and competency to hire a top of the line coach who can get the 'dogs' needed in this program to win. Michigan State is where the 'dogs' go in the Big Ten but the university and frankly, too many fans, would clutch their pearls if we got those guys 

Tell that to all college basketball guys who said Archie was the top hire that year.

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

If they don't care about basketball why have they spend  millions on AH, Cook hall, the new locker rooms.  Like it or not IU is still an University and education institution first so basketball or any other sport is not going to be the top priority.

10 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Completely inaccurate. Their “nice run” was Archie’s 3rd year at Dayton. His next three seasons they won 75% each year, made NCAAT each year, with conference titles his last two years

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

I don't care what the prognosticators and their buddy system had to say at the time. 

The hire was as exciting as a potato. And the last four years the same.

I still remember his press conference.  Felt like it was a funeral.  No excitement from Archie at all. 

11 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I don't care what the prognosticators and their buddy system had to say at the time. 

The hire was as exciting as a potato. And the last four years the same.

I didn't like the higher but at the time of the higher most thought it was a great higher including our HOF former coach.

Archived