It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I found this interesting. Who knows what the full details of this are but it doesn’t sound great. This account is ran by a group of college coaches around the country so they usually have good behind the scenes information. 

A87B4E6C-F53A-4A2E-AF3B-5E3D88914F4B.jpeg

If it's on the interwebs it must be true! Right?

Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. I do agree that if "Miller cheats like a bandit" he should be fired. Not just for the cheating but also because he's mind bogglingly terrible at it. What a stupid accusation.

Almost got his "ass whooped" by Bruiser. Get it? Bruiser almost left him bruised. How clever. 🙄

Bryce Drew and not Scott Drew? No one considers him a candidate for the job if it opens. They can't even get the people they're talking about correct.

This tweet comes off like someone with a grudge and/or trying to stir the pot.

Wow, this thread sure has turned. I’m not on the Archie bud but I don’t think he’s cheating or has ever.  And I doubt that’s a group of college coaches.  Why would a “group” of them even form to bash other coaches?? Most coaches I know protect one another like a fraternity.  Someone already said this but it’s true.  IF, that’s a big IF, Archie is cheating he sucks at it.  

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

If a twitter account posts information on past coaching situations like when they did with Walter McCarty for example then in my view maybe they are right about this. Did they word it great probably not. Do any of us know what goes on behind closed doors inside Archie's office? I don't think so. Not saying it's real or accurate but maybe it is. That's just my opinion. 

Side note. He is Sean Millers younger brother so to write that off could be a mistake. That said I doubt if Archie is cheating because if he is he's not doing a great job. 

I sure to god hope that just being related to my brother isn't enough for me to have been automatically assume it's reasonable to think I do the crap he does. 

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

My point is that showing an image of Romeo holding a money bag does not paint the picture that his dad was involved in a legal transaction.  It implies something more sinister than that.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My point is that showing an image of Romeo holding a money bag does not paint the picture that his dad was involved in a legal transaction.  It implies something more sinister than that.  

I get it.  My bad.  I need to be serious and professional at all times.  This an internet message board provided for entertainment value after all.

I have a buddy that’s been involved in college coaching at various levels, and he turned me on to that account.  It is actually run by a group of D1 coaches, but no one knows who they are — I would assume they’re not head coaches.  Apparently a few of them are drunks, as evidenced by that tweet, lol. That’s not to say any of it is true, so take it for what it is — rumors a D1 coach who’s drunk off his ass on a Monday night has heard about Archie.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I have a buddy that’s been involved in college coaching at various levels, and he turned me on to that account.  It is actually run by a group of D1 coaches, but no one knows who they are — I would assume they’re not head coaches.  Apparently a few of them are drunks, as evidenced by that tweet, lol. That’s not to say any of it is true, so take it for what it is — rumors a D1 coach who’s drunk off his ass on a Monday night has heard about Archie.

Archie been around long enough to have enemies on the coaching circuit?  Drunk or not?  

When I googled the account and clicked on the first link it gave me, it took me to a tweet from 2019.   Interesting that 2 of the Top 3 on this list were previous IU coaches.  Could that mean something?  Maybe, maybe not.  

k8rpzO4d_bigger.jpg

Top Head Coaches That Should get Called Up a Level 1)Kelvin Sampson 2)Eric Musselman 3)Mike Davis 4)Steve Forbes 5)Tim Cluess 6)Ray Harper 7) Nate Oats 8)Mike Young 9)Russell Turner 10)Grant McCassland 11)Mike Rhoades 12)Mike Jones 13)Jason Hooten 14)John Becker 15)Ryan Odom

I truly enjoy this board but this type of posting crosses a line for me.

I find this type of Tripe where CAM or our players are accused or derogatory insinuations made without ANY evidence to back them up to be totally reprehensible.  No matter where you stand on CAM's  future, this is simply unacceptable. Character assassination of our coach and players without a scintilla of evidence and completely unwarranted.

Reminds me of Staiin's Russia:  "Show me the man and I will show you the crime."  The famous quote from Stalin's head of secret police.  

This type of posting should be condemned. Period!

1 minute ago, FWIUFan said:

I truly enjoy this board but this type of posting crosses a line for me.

I find this type of Tripe where CAM or our players are accused or derogatory insinuations made without ANY evidence to back them up to be totally reprehensible.  No matter where you stand on CAM's  future, this is simply unacceptable. Character assassination of our coach and players without a scintilla of evidence and completely unwarranted.

Reminds me of Staiin's Russia:  "Show me the man and I will show you the crime."  The famous quote from Stalin's head of secret police.  

This type of posting should be condemned. Period!

No here believes Archie has cheated.  Have you seen our performance the last 4 years?  

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

OK...

So what part of "Archie Miller Cheats Like a Bandit" is credible, citing ANY evidence you know of? You think that's something that any reasonable board, where some I'm sure a  few agenda driven posters will see it and take it as gospel, should discuss?

I don't mind a fact based discussion on the merits of keeping Archie Miller or letting him go, but this kind of trash serves no reasonable purpose here...

I don’t buy that he is cheating. His recruiting hasn’t been at a high enough level to be cheating. If this is him cheating.....yikes. lol 

Archived