It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

6 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Well we have already had over 20 years of mostly crap, what is another 4 years? 😜

Who would be the 'right guy' everyone would agree upon? I don't think any head coach we have hired full-time since the day RMK was fired has been universally accepted as the right choice in the moment. It seems more like a hindsight assessment where does the guy do the job or not. Just not sure who realistically IU would hire as the next coach that would have most of the choir nodding their heads in agreement. I think there is a 'leap of faith' element involved no matter how you cut it. 

Guys that are unrealistic like Stevens or Donnovan.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we miss the tourney this year, he has to go, right? That's 0 for four in his tenure here. That's what any power 5 school who had any expectations would do. 

This is Indiana though. They are timid and conservative. They never make bold moves. They never go out and refuse to take no for an answer. They are also cheap. And they are way to concerned with optics  So CAM is probably back next year regardless 

I find it fascinating that Ohio State, a traditional football power, was more determined to get the basketball  coach they wanted than Indiana has ever been in getting theirs. I find it fascinating that Michigan had a successful coach leave them at a very bad time and they pull Juwan Howard out of their ass and he has them as a number 1 seed while Indiana continues to flounder. 

Kentucky makes one bad hire and then immediately rectifies it by hiring another home run. Kansas loses Roy Williams and then rips Self away from Illinois. Don't tell there is no one out there. Don't tell me it can't be done unless you mean by Indiana. Because other schools who care enough about winning get it done.. 

Indiana, as a university, needs to get serious or STFU about college basketball because nobody takes them seriously in any capacity.

3 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

If we miss the tourney this year, he has to go, right? That's 0 for four in his tenure here. That's what any power 5 school who had any expectations would do. 

This is Indiana though. They are timid and conservative. They never make bold moves. They never go out and refuse to take no for an answer. They are also cheap. And they are way to concerned with optics  So CAM is probably back next year regardless 

I find it fascinating that Ohio State, a traditional football power, was more determined to get the basketball  coach they wanted than Indiana has ever been in getting theirs. I find it fascinating that Michigan had a successful coach leave them at a very bad time and they pull Juwan Howard out of their ass and he has them as a number 1 seed while Indiana continues to flounder. 

Kentucky makes one bad hire and then immediately rectifies it by hiring another home run. Kansas loses Roy Williams and then rips Self away from Illinois. Don't tell there is no one out there. Don't tell me it can't be done unless you mean by Indiana. Because other schools who care enough about winning get it done.. 

Indiana, as a university, needs to get serious or STFU about college basketball because nobody takes them seriously in any capacity.

i think we'll miss the tourney and i think he will be back.  

13 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 for 4. But realistically, who do we hire?

That's 0 for four in his tenure here.

You know, I don't mind spirited debate. In fact, I kinda like it. 

But when straight up BS is posted, I'm calling it.

NO TEAM made the NCAA tournament last year. Nobody. Projections had us in, but there was no tournament...so, how COULD we have made it?

And this year, even after today, most still have us in...

If your going to lie to enhance your position, please put LIE in quotation marks before the idiotic statement...

18 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Billy Donnovan turned down UK twice and it took UNC 3 times to finally get Roy Williams

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I'm talking about Holtman, who said no first before saying yes. I find it incredible that they even called CAM after Indiana hired him. That is ballsy.

So what was on Holtmann's resume  that looked like he would be a great coach,  His two stops before OSU he was 114-86.  If IU hired him with that record people would be going nuts.  it is a lot easier now to say we should have hired him but I know I wouldn't have been thrilled.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You know, I don't mind spirited debate. In fact, I kinda like it. 

But when straight up BS is posted, I'm calling it.

NO TEAM made the NCAA tournament last year. Nobody. Projections had us in, but there was no tournament...so, how COULD we have made it?

And this year, even after today, most still have us in...

If your going to lie to enhance your position, please put LIE in quotation marks before the idiotic statement...

And what are your excuses for the state of the program for the other three years?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The best we could get would be Beard from TT but truly believe he won't leave Texas.

I heard rumblings he was gonna be the Texas coach if Shaka got canned after last season but it seems Shaka has bought him a couple more years and I believe that he's gonna be waiting it out. Realistically you got Dane Fife, John Beilein (70 year old who wasn't a passionate recruiter), and ....... 

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

And what are your excuses for the state of the program for the other three years?

This year isn't finished, so you're down to 2.

His first year, I'll give you, but it was his first year.

Second year, as I remember, we basically had a play in game with Ohio State in the BTT. We lost, and went to the NIT.

As for last year, you just tried to BS everybody who doesn't know any better...agreed?

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You ought to hit Leary up for a hot refrigerator...

I was in school with him and met him once through a mutual friend. He was a nice guy.  Not cocky for being on the team or anything.  I was shocked when he was arrested.  I was definitely disappointed and definitely did not expect that.  He did his time and I hope he does well going forward.  As a player, he got hot in the Duke game but overall he had pretty marginal ability for the B1G. Sometimes the ex players lose self awareness of their own statures as players.  Glory Days. 

Just now, Sea Turtle said:

I think Saban turned Alabama down three times. You have to put your chips and your nuts on the table and push them in and go for it.

I am not talking in one year but every time there was a change at UNC they tried Williams but he turned them down.  The only reason he left was that Dean finally asked him to.  Also if Williams was not an Alumni and former assistant coach he would still be at UNC.  So why wasn't UK ever able to get Billy Donnovan because nobody can keep turning teams down according to you.  Some think the only thing that matters is money but more and more it is about fit and happiness.  That is why Brad Stevens won't come back to the college game and why Mark Few is still at Gonzaga.

Just now, IUFLA said:

This year isn't finished, so you're down to 2.

His first year, I'll give you, but it was his first year.

Second year, as I remember, we basically had a play in game with Ohio State in the BTT. We lost, and went to the NIT.

As for last year, you just tried to BS everybody who doesn't know any better...agreed?

Second year was inexcusable. 12-2 start to finish 17-15

2 minutes ago, ChiHoosier said:

I heard rumblings he was gonna be the Texas coach if Shaka got canned after last season but it seems Shaka has bought him a couple more years and I believe that he's gonna be waiting it out. Realistically you got Dane Fife, John Beilein (70 year old who wasn't a passionate recruiter), and ....... 

I know it wouldn't happen but hire Keith Smart and bring Beilein to be his assistant.    That will never happen since Beilein has never been an assistant coach in his life.

Archived