Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The B1G is gonna be absolutely stacked going forward.  IU, PSU, and NW the only easy games on the schedule. 

That's why we need to go all out and full speed on Brad Stevens.....money shouldn't be a barrier.  It's all about making Stevens and his family happy and comfortable!

If Boston goes out in round 1 or 2, Celtics may be looking for a new voice after 8 years.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

All I am saying is that IF there is a list for IU replacement coaches, Dutcher's name should be on it.

The age scares me a little at age 61, and when you think about San Diego State you think defense and rebounding........offense and shooting not so much.

6 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

RE: Pitino

I would be stunned if Indiana even gave a moment to the thought of his candidacy.  

Personal position is IU can go a different route and still succeed.  As such, it would be easy to pass on him.

BUT, the points made here are sound:

1) He’d accept today

2) He’d win instantly 

3) He gets the max from his players

4) He has the charisma to come in and get A LOT of talent from the transfer portal on this one-time candy store token via the NCAA

But...

There are two sure thing hires. Brad Stevens and Rick Pitino... first one is has nothing to prove and is a fantasy.  The second would sell his soul (what's left of it) to get here.  

Someone will hire RP very soon, and become a National contender 

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

There are two sure thing hires. Brad Stevens and Rick Pitino... first one is has nothing to prove and is a fantasy.  The second would sell his soul (what's left of it) to get here.  

Someone will hire RP very soon, and become a National contender 

Can't agree more on both your points......Pitino is same age as Belein at 68 which worries me.  However you are right, Pitino would bring back a lot of hysteria to the Hoosier brand, both good and bad.  But there would be a lot of excitement either way.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

For those if you that are, inexplicitly, interested in Pitino, you had better not be the same crowd complaining about Belien's age.  Yes, John is 68.  But, guess what, so is Rick.  In fact, Rick is 5 months older.

But Pitino has better hair dye...

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For those if you that are, inexplicitly, interested in Pitino, you had better not be the same crowd complaining about Belien's age.  Yes, John is 68.  But, guess what, so is Rick.  In fact, Rick is 5 months older.

We need an instant shot in the arm, the age thing doesn't bother me at all.  I like Belien a lot, but would take RP over everyone but Brad Stevens . And even there, I would give college coaching/recruiting advantage to RP

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, with all the plastic surgery...Rick looks younger Beilien.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll pose this question for any poster that lives in the Louisville Metro area.  

As an IU fan, based on what you saw or heard while living in the Louisville metro, would you be okay with Rick Pitino as coach?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

We are pushing 400 pages of coaching related conversations.  I don't care who we hire, but this is legit consuming a lot of you're lives.  I say hire the best coach regardless!  Your wives, kids, grandkids, pets would all welcome you back

Speaking of consuming....Is Scott still in bed?

Archived