Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, MSHoosier said:

Wow, those are some impressive numbers. I get your point, however, and it means this to me -- there was a time when we shoot that well and we blow teams off the floor, not come from behind to win by 4 in the last two minutes. That's a big difference. Still happy for the win.

Agree. That was my point. That’s as well as this team can play and it’s a close win at home. It’s current Indiana Basketball at its best, but just a shadow of past Indiana Basketball. But credit to the players for not packing it in for the year. 

• Like 1

First this my opinion and only an opinion.

I truly hope there is a change at the end of the year and we get a new coach. If it doesn't happen then I will be here next November rooting on my team and hoping for a great season. For me I couldn't leave the team when it is going bad and then come back when we started winning. I would feel like I don't deserve to say I am a fan if I only follow them in the good times.

I am still in the belief that Woodson will be back next year but it has nothing to do with how we finish the year. I don't think last night effected the outcome one way or the other.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Don't get me wrong, this win is great! It's just both confusing and complicated at the same time. I think most IU, if not all IU fans would love and welcome this type of play on a consistent basis. Though it wasn't crisp and pretty, nor one sided dominant, it was a win that showed both purpose and determination. I will take that any day, a win. 

This type of play would have been welcomed and expected back in January,....... Here we are, March is just a few days away and we still have no certainty about this team as a whole or Coach Woodson. I will enjoy this win like I do all the others. Congratulations to the coaching staff and team for this much needed win. I just wish I felt differently about the win. JMO

Go IU.

Man this comment really hits home. I will never, ever, ever root for IU to lose, but I already really want IU to move on from Woodson at the end of the year and hope that these wins don’t prevent that from happening. Weird place to be in as a fan right now. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Man this comment really hits home. I will never, ever, ever root for IU to lose, but I already really want IU to move on from Woodson at the end of the year and hope that these wins don’t prevent that from happening. Weird place to be in as a fan right now. 

Well said. Was really nice to see the smiles last night with the W!

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I will say this. It was nice to see IU win last night. That said I don't believe that game or any others will have any real impact on a decision. If Dolson can get a proven coach in the bag a move will be made. IU is about to be in recruiting purgatory because of Woodson's contract situation. He would need an extension to help that and that's just not happening. 

Any sense of how they are thinking about "proven"? Pearl is obviously proven, May is more debatable IMO.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I will say this. It was nice to see IU win last night. That said I don't believe that game or any others will have any real impact on a decision. If Dolson can get a proven coach in the bag a move will be made. IU is about to be in recruiting purgatory because of Woodson's contract situation. He would need an extension to help that and that's just not happening. 

dead man walking, basically....

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He's on the list of possibilities but I'm not sure how he's viewed by the IU admin. 

Who's list if you dont know how the admin views him? if you are talking the list that matters then you would know how the admin views him beacuse you said he is on the list. If its jimbobs list down the street then yes you wouldnt know how the admin views him.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Who's list if you dont know how the admin views him? if you are talking the list that matters then you would know how the admin views him beacuse you said he is on the list. If its jimbobs list down the street then yes you wouldnt know how the admin views him.

Dolson's list. It's more of the pecking order. There's names that have been contacted but I don't know for sure who target A, B, C, and D are for sure. Pearl and May are two of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I don’t know, but l’m guessing thinking highly enough of a candidate to put him on a list isn’t exactly the same as, after you’ve gone through the list, thinking highly enough of him to hire him.