Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

12 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

definitely glad the players aren't against him and giving up.  doesn't change my mind even a little bit that Woodson needs to go now.  love that we fell into the 6th seed in this bad conference and feel like we have the talent to win a couple.  i love watching IU bball, so would actually rather see us play in the NIT than nothing.   

Actions speak louder than words,  let’s see who stays and who goes.  But Leal and Gallo staying is a nice start.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Actions speak louder than words,  let’s see who stays and who goes.  But Leal and Gallo staying is a nice start.

Woodson to potential guards in the portal "we have leal and Galloway coming back so I can't promise any playing time"

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

They were 4-26 last year and 5-25 this year.  Not surprised she got fired oof.  But maybe wait until after the mandatory media session to do it.

Ouch. That was brutal. TBH I think an TRUE Utah State fan should have seen the positive trend in season wins and kept quiet. 🤐

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It must be frustrating to actually be a Nigerian Prince 

All you want to do is be a Humanitarian and give a way money to needy people and they won’t even return your emails…smh….what’s this world coming to.

What Woodson, Leal and to a lesser extent Galloway don't grasp is that their actions on senior night overshadowed what it was supposed to be about...those that graduated and have played their final game at IU (XJ and Walker).    Instead of the focus being on them and their accomplishments, it was about true fans and not true fans and drawing a line in the sand.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

What Woodson, Leal and to a lesser extent Galloway don't grasp is that their actions on senior night overshadowed what it was supposed to be about...those that graduated and have played their final game at IU (XJ and Walker).    Instead of the focus being on them and their accomplishments, it was about true fans and not true fans and drawing a line in the sand.

thought that was an absolutely terrible move by all.  just not the time and place.  no way that can help with the fans either.  just don't bring it up unless asked.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

No. I'm going to have a hard time buying anyone put off by Leal and Galloway publicly supporting their embattled coach feels that way because they wanted Senior Night to be about celebrating Xavier Johnson. Be honest.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

"A quarter century of misguided nostalgia among major boosters, former players, and the IU administration has led to bad decision after bad decision and season after season of disappointment. The Woodson era looks to be the culmination of this inept leadership."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

No. I'm going to have a hard time buying anyone put off by Leal and Galloway publicly supporting their embattled coach feels that way because they wanted Senior Night to be about celebrating Xavier Johnson. Be honest.

Yeah that is one massive swing and miss. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I am being honest.

I don't think drawing a line in the sand like that and pretending like you have to be a fan of every coach and player in order to be a "TRUE FAN" is appropriate regardless but senior night was most definitely not the time nor the place.

So yea, if they had drawn the line in the sand on another day and time, I still would have said it was a crap thing to do but that doesn't make me dishonest about thinking they shouldn't have done it on senior night.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

"XJ sucks until we need him to buttress our argument"

🙄

XJ playing out of control and XJ getting his moment at senior night are 2 separate things.  I doubt anyone hates XJ just because they might not think he was God's gift to the hardwood.

• Like 2