Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe it's recency bias, but the toxicity surrounding this coaching staff seems to be worse than what surrounded Crean and Archie in the weeks leading up to their firing.

It does seem that way. I personally think the two biggest factors there is the way the admin handled the original hiring, and the way the coaching staff has handled anyone so much as questioning their approach. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

He's actually under contract though 2026-27... Expires in March of 27... 

What does that have to do what I posted. I didn't say he had one year left just stating that Dolson probably don't feel like he had to say he will be back 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As for the recruiting, could be we have zero chance with those top 2 or 3 kids for '25 and are not wasting time.  Maybe they have already eliminated IU and the staff knows.  Do we know if the staff was at any games on Friday?

I heard they were having an epic Tecmo Bowl tournament in Cook Hall and just couldn't get away.

pZO5FFRmOZNJu (1).gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What does that have to do what I posted. I didn't say he had one year left just stating that Dolson probably don't feel like he had to say he will be back 

Clarifying that he's got more than one year left on his contract is all... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Dolson could think Woodson is under contract next year so why need to say he will be back next.

AD Dolson has to be getting a lot of email and mail around the program.  He has to hear it in the News and on Social media.  The longer AD Dolson stay silent, the more rumor and conjecture is going to fly around.  So i think he needs to address what is going on.  Even its to say.  Coach Woodson is the IU basketball coach and that isn't going to change until you hear it from this office.  And you're not hearing it from this office!

Just my thoughts.  He doesn't even have to have a press conference.  Just release a statement and act like its a non starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As for the recruiting, could be we have zero chance with those top 2 or 3 kids for '25 and are not wasting time.  Maybe they have already eliminated IU and the staff knows.  Do we know if the staff was at any games on Friday?

We don't need any recruits. "Indiana Basketball at its best" happened on Tuesday night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It's multiple people. Trilly isn't just one person and that's why they get legitimate info from all over the country and it's usually accurate. 

correct...the rumor is trilly is 3 prominent sports writers with access to all coaches and programs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

AD Dolson has to be getting a lot of email and mail around the program.  He has to hear it in the News and on Social media.  The longer AD Dolson stay silent, the more rumor and conjecture is going to fly around.  So i think he needs to address what is going on.  Even its to say.  Coach Woodson is the IU basketball coach and that isn't going to change until you hear it from this office.  And you're not hearing it from this office!

Just my thoughts.  He doesn't even have to have a press conference.  Just release a statement and act like its a non starter.

Well I have sent him 3 emails so far this season and just sent #4

Last night once again shows that coach Woodson should not be coaching IU basketball. There is no reason Coach and his staff shouldn't have been out recruiting last night. There were two top in state recruits playing in sectional games yet no IU coach at either one. What we saw were coaches from Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa in attendance watching these players. This is an embarrassment that our coaching staff is to lazy to actually go out and do their jobs. I am just wondering if they were to busy smoking cigars and drinking wine with their friends. 

This has to be the end of coach Woodson's tenure as coach at Indiana. He was such a great player for IU and I will always love him as a player.  I wish he would retire and allow you to bring in an experience college coach who can bring back IU basketball to where it belongs.

Scott Roberts
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1