Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have sent him 3 emails so far this season and just sent #4

Last night once again shows that coach Woodson should not be coaching IU basketball. There is no reason Coach and his staff shouldn't have been out recruiting last night. There were two top in state recruits playing in sectional games yet no IU coach at either one. What we saw were coaches from Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa in attendance watching these players. This is an embarrassment that our coaching staff is to lazy to actually go out and do their jobs. I am just wondering if they were to busy smoking cigars and drinking wine with their friends. 

This has to be the end of coach Woodson's tenure as coach at Indiana. He was such a great player for IU and I will always love him as a player.  I wish he would retire and allow you to bring in an experience college coach who can bring back IU basketball to where it belongs.

Scott Roberts

Scott, have you sent any emails to Woodson?

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

You don’t know for sure if you’re told. Maybe they change their minds. Maybe they’re lying. Maybe they’re a clone.

You get my point.

If you aren't told then you definitely aren't sure.

That was my point 

I can't imagine them quitting on recruiting because they just think they might be getting fired. 

Edited by iuswingman

Just going to throw this in. Gang. Showing up at high school games is about 1% of what happens in recruiting. I know Indiana high school fans feel different but man this is some Zapruder stuff.

Playing time, development, playing time, NIL, playing time, NIL, development is what matters to anyone worth the attention. Can't believe the attention given to Coach Woodson not being at the game last night. 

But....everyone sure is free to dissect it. For example let's say this. Hey Trent. We love you to death and good luck. We won't be there tonight but sure do wish you well. Reply...Thanks Coach. Talk soon! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just going to throw this in. Gang. Showing up at high school games is about 1% of what happens in recruiting. I know Indiana high school fans feel different but man this is some Zapruder stuff.

Playing time, development, playing time, NIL, playing time, NIL, development is what matters to anyone worth the attention. Can't believe the attention given to Coach Woodson not being at the game last night. 

But....everyone sure is free to dissect it. For example let's say this. Hey Trent. We love you to death and good luck. We won't be there tonight but sure do wish you well. Reply...Thanks Coach. Talk soon! 

interesting take.  

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

…..and how many assistant coaches do we have, if the head coach can’t make it?🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

here is a different take.. I was at 10 BNL games when Damon Bailey was a senior, committed in the 8th grade. Coach Knight was at every game. The one game i remember his jr. year playing against Calbert. Knight was there with Dickie V. Then at the end DD tells stories of losing Jacque Vaughn and Raef LaFrentz to KU because Knight wanted to play golf. When you show up you get players. When you dont you get fired.

I agree. I’ve followed recruiting in basketball and football for 30 years.

NO good recruiter misses key games. And if they do they’re at another key game and a key asst is at that one.

Recruiting is your life blood. If he decided to “take a day off” for a HS game like that it’s worse than anything I’ve seen on the sidelines or with X’s and O’s with this team.

• Like 3

As much as I want it to be true, no way Dolson actually has the guts to can Woodson after 1 bad year. I’d argue it’s obviously still warranted based on the performance this year and middling success with 2 NBA players last year and the bevy of recurring problems. We clearly are directionless, it’s time, but I just can’t see Dolson doing it. Hope to be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmax said:

As much as I want it to be true, no way Dolson actually has the guts to can Woodson after 1 bad year. I’d argue it’s obviously still warranted based on the performance this year and middling success with 2 NBA players last year and the bevy of recurring problems. We clearly are directionless, it’s time, but I just can’t see Dolson doing it. Hope to be wrong. 

I’m afraid you may be right unless boosters are calling for it but I’m not hearing that 

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I agree. I’ve followed recruiting in basketball and football for 30 years.

NO good recruiter misses key games. And if they do they’re at another key game and a key asst is at that one.

Recruiting is your life blood. If he decided to “take a day off” for a HS game like that it’s worse than anything I’ve seen on the sidelines or with X’s and O’s with this team.

NO one was out is the issue i have. If Woody couldnt load his butt into the car at least send the young guys out. But to send no one.....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

We will know in a couple of weeks.

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

…..and how many assistant coaches do we have, if the head coach can’t make it?🤔

Just depends on the all important echo chamber....but in logic world not showing up for a game has literally zero impact unless of course this board has turned into 1988 world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just depends on the all important echo chamber....but in logic world not showing up for a game has literally zero impact unless of course this board has turned into 1988 world. 

So Painter was just lost and wandered into a gym during sectionals?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

So Painter was just lost and wandered into a gym during sectionals?

Nope! But Painter knows that the IU social media crowd will get ticked so he's taking full advantage of it. It's an easy play by him but at the end of the day it actually means nothing. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That’s some pretty certain certainties that couldn’t possibly be a certainty. Have any of those kids told you directly that they didn’t care an IU coach wasn’t there? Point is, no offense, you know no more than anybody else claiming the opposite. 

• Like 2