Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Congrats to those advancing to finals in our league. Barring a late surge I sadly won't be one of them.  Needed a negative covid test and one bad move by me. Always a silver lining though...won my largest $ league today already and advancing in three more next weekend. 

Thanks to the guys for setting up and will always play as long as I'm able. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

The guy I beat last week only score 74. Today he got 110 from just 3 players. All about timing in fantasy for sure

I have one league I'm almost embarrassed to win...I'm at 98.5 right now and have locked it up. Opponent had Allen, Kittle, Sanders, Landry all lay one this week. I won't apologize for winning ever....but you hate it when it's bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have one league I'm almost embarrassed to win...I'm at 98.5 right now and have locked it up. Opponent had Allen, Kittle, Sanders, Landry all lay one this week. I won't apologize for winning ever....but you hate it when it's bad.

I am due 3 straight year in finals lost last year by 1 point and the year before had it wrapped up until the Chiefs got a pick 6 to beat me by 3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rico said:

I would like to take this time to give a shout out to Tee Higgins.  Atta boy.

Congrats @rico. I did not want to face you in the playoffs. I was kicking myself for leaving a couple guys on the bench but in the end...your guys absolutely went nuts...and I wouldn't beat you no matter what. The Patriots failed me....and yes...I knew with Baltimore's injuries and covid issues they were starting the bell boy at the hotel in their secondary I was in trouble. Just hoped Chase would have the big day (who I have in another league) but didn't happen. Good luck next week...you've had a very impressive run and honestly had the best team the last 3 months of the season. You deserve it!

• Like 1

I really hope next year we increase the penalty to multiple turnovers (mostly effects only qb....like first is -2, second -4, third -8, and fourth -16. To face Baker Mayfield who throws 4 ints and have him score basically the same points as Tom Brady and a couple points from Carson Wentz is rediculous. Guys that played well but didn't have huge TD/YD days. Don't get me wrong....those guys don't deserve more points...but for a guy to throw 4 int they shouldn't be able to score medium level points. I had that happen against Ryan Tannenhill earlier and the year and took an L as well. Just a little rant after taking a L in all my leagues but 1. Oh well...what should I expect with most of the rosters I had left. Too bad Kelce was out of that score fest against the Steelers....what could have been lol.

Edited by dgambill

Would love to get a feel for everyone's other leagues. First glance in all of my leagues is that there were some bad beats. I benefitted from a couple and was hurt in a couple. 

No Kelce, Tyreek has 2 points....Allen with bad day given matchup, Kittle on Thursday...and of course Covid implications. Love fantasy football but the finality of it can come quick. Hope everyone either won their leagues yesterday or advanced to title next week...and congrats to those in our league here who advanced! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Would love to get a feel for everyone's other leagues. First glance in all of my leagues is that there were some bad beats. I benefitted from a couple and was hurt in a couple. 

No Kelce, Tyreek has 2 points....Allen with bad day given matchup, Kittle on Thursday...and of course Covid implications. Love fantasy football but the finality of it can come quick. Hope everyone either won their leagues yesterday or advanced to title next week...and congrats to those in our league here who advanced! 

Tyreek Hill for me. Total QB pts for Dallas for my opponent. 

38 vs 1. I'm down 35 heading into next week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Tyreek Hill for me. Total QB pts for Dallas for my opponent. 

38 vs 1. I'm down 35 heading into next week. 

Yep. Hill was a surprise downer for sure. I lost one league yesterday by 12.36 points. No Kelce and Hill did his nothing. 

One league I won in my opponent never scored less than 130+ all week and put up 92.48 this week. He was down Dalvin, Cooks...and had Sanders, Kittle, Allen all play poorly. Won't apologize for a title but sometimes winning one feels a little odd. Definitely going to cost me a few rounds.

Speaking of rounds. If anyone is in a keeper league it might make sense to add Michael Thomas to your roster this week. 

• Like 2

I have 4 leagues....lost 3 semi-finals and won 1 (which only by miracle should I lose the finals...but weirder stuff has happened). Funny enough I faced JT in all 4 (I suppose it isn't funny because if you had him you probably made the playoffs). Brady having a down week and playing Miles Sanders/James Robinson over Sony Michel in my flexes killed me and the combo of Allen and Higgins was too much to overcome in those leagues. Over came a lot in my two yahoo leagues losing Henry and CMC(2x) on top of Hopkins to make the playoffs but the patchwork team just didn't have enough juice. I had some very solid scores with waiver guys...several 15-25 pt performances but man my opponents just had monster days. 

• Like 1

The 

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I have 4 leagues....lost 3 semi-finals and won 1 (which only by miracle should I lose the finals...but weirder stuff has happened). Funny enough I faced JT in all 4 (I suppose it isn't funny because if you had him you probably made the playoffs). Brady having a down week and playing Miles Sanders/James Robinson over Sony Michel in my flexes killed me and the combo of Allen and Higgins was too much to overcome in those leagues. Over came a lot in my two yahoo leagues losing Henry and CMC(2x) on top of Hopkins to make the playoffs but the patchwork team just didn't have enough juice. I had some very solid scores with waiver guys...several 15-25 pt performances but man my opponents just had monster days. 

The key for me was overcoming lots of injuries. I was able to handcuff most of my key players and this week stated 4 backups to my main guys that were out. Of my main lineup the only guys I started the past 2 weeks were Herbert, and Justin Tucker. Everyone else was a waiver wire pickup

• Like 2

I'll say this...you play your studs in the playoffs. Guys that have struggled the past few weeks mostly came up big in the playoffs. Thinking of guys that you might have sat like AJ Brown, Zeke, Dak, Mahomes, Higgins bounced back, Pitts, D Harris, D Montgomery etc...of course the right waiver add can make all the difference too...who saw Rex Burkhead, Pringle, and Isaiah Mckenzie coming???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The 

The key for me was overcoming lots of injuries. I was able to handcuff most of my key players and this week stated 4 backups to my main guys that were out. Of my main lineup the only guys I started the past 2 weeks were Herbert, and Justin Tucker. Everyone else was a waiver wire pickup

I had good waiver guys honestly...heck even almost all my bench guys were putting up 15-20pts problem for me was I went up against studs that had stud days. I just didn't have a break out performer....good enough most weeks...not good enough today. Honestly I had no business in the playoffs in the HSN league...just grinded back ups all year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

The biggest thing helping me possibly win this week and winning last week is surprisingly bad games by Brady and Stafford. Also the low usage of Tyreek Hill yesterday.  I just need the Dolphins defense not to get 52 points and i will win. 😀

I'd say that's pretty safe lol.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'll say this...you play your studs in the playoffs. Guys that have struggled the past few weeks mostly came up big in the playoffs. Thinking of guys that you might have sat like AJ Brown, Zeke, Dak, Mahomes, Higgins bounced back, Pitts, D Harris, D Montgomery etc...of course the right waiver add can make all the difference too...who saw Rex Burkhead, Pringle, and Isaiah Mckenzie coming???

A Jones 😔

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

A Jones 😔

He really didn't play bad....especially with what is shaping up to be a time share after his injury with Dillon. I mean he did everything but get a TD....with Rodgers passing tds inside the 10 like 3 times. Was in non-ppr?

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He really didn't play bad....especially with what is shaping up to be a time share after his injury with Dillon. I mean he did everything but get a TD....with Rodgers passing tds inside the 10 like 3 times. Was in non-ppr?

Yes, non ppr. No TD. My team was basically fine, just T Hill did nothing. My opponent went off, but meh. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Yes, non ppr. No TD. My team was basically fine, just T Hill did nothing. My opponent went off, but meh. 

Yeah...non-ppr that was a tough outing. Sorry my friend. Sounds like Hill was the bigger issue though not Jones....I mean what did he score 2.9 pts??? That's a rough one.

• Like 2

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

Wrapped up last place in the HSN league. Playing for the championship in my other league. Won, despite playing Stafford over Dak, and having James Robinson go out with 1 point. Helped that my opponent had Kelsey, Fournette and Godwin on their bench. 

Good luck to all playing for a championship next week 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...non-ppr that was a tough outing. Sorry my friend. Sounds like Hill was the bigger issue though not Jones....I mean what did he score 2.9 pts??? That's a rough one.

1. He scored 1. Lol 

But remember the post I orginally quoted you "guys who were struggling came through" 

I was just adding A Jones did not lol :(

• Sad 1