Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

6 minutes ago, KDB said:

@dgambill Good thing you earned that first round bye! Unsurprisingly, you still would’ve beat @bluegrassIU :D

I don't think I set a lineup...I made several moves to for guys that have better matchups this week...but even so no doubt I would have got smoked! Brady had perhaps the worst performance of any top 3 qb of all time lol. On a side note I did win my matchup in another league scoring 78 pts and we both fielded really strong teams that were projected in the 140's...in a half ppr non bonus league....it was an agonizing long week with the games stretched out the way they were lol!

Edited by dgambill

I don't think I've ever been this way in fantasy. Absolutely no clue what to do on waivers this week in all leagues. So many unknowns. Do I add this guy in case Hill can't go? Add this guy in case Kelce? Dealing with Godwin issues....do I pickup Detroit WR's who have performed well...but maybe they won't with Goff still out? Do I run after Gabriel Davis....but facing a Patriots team that controlled them recently. 

Lots of tough calls between now and the rest of the week. Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think I've ever been this way in fantasy. Absolutely no clue what to do on waivers this week in all leagues. So many unknowns. Do I add this guy in case Hill can't go? Add this guy in case Kelce? Dealing with Godwin issues....do I pickup Detroit WR's who have performed well...but maybe they won't with Goff still out? Do I run after Gabriel Davis....but facing a Patriots team that controlled them recently. 

Lots of tough calls between now and the rest of the week. Good luck to everyone.

Paralysis by analysis lol...not much help to offer....problem is the Thursday and Saturday games make it difficult if you should pivot to one playing in those games etc. Not sure if there is a right way to handle it all...just going to set my lineup and wait and see. If they play great...if not I'll go with one of my bench guys. I think I'm pretty well done trying to catch a flyer off the waiver at this point. If he ain't on my team at this point...chances are he isn't going to be good enough to help on Sunday likely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Paralysis by analysis lol...not much help to offer....problem is the Thursday and Saturday games make it difficult if you should pivot to one playing in those games etc. Not sure if there is a right way to handle it all...just going to set my lineup and wait and see. If they play great...if not I'll go with one of my bench guys. I think I'm pretty well done trying to catch a flyer off the waiver at this point. If he ain't on my team at this point...chances are he isn't going to be good enough to help on Sunday likely.

Understand for sure. It's just there are potentially 3 RB1's on waivers this week....but only if the others are either not cleared from Covid or injuries heal. I'll take a look at it later. My brain was starting to go Good Will Hunting on the calculations...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand for sure. It's just there are potentially 3 RB1's on waivers this week....but only if the others are either not cleared from Covid or injuries heal. I'll take a look at it later. My brain was starting to go Good Will Hunting on the calculations...

You might be trying to hard. Don't let it ruin what is fun about it. I'm sure an answer will present itself. I'm just taking it day by day and game by game. In the end I'm sure I will lose...but I won't let the insanity of covid ruin what's been a great fun year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

I tried to pick up Wilson from San Fran to in case Mitchell was not back but the guy I am playing had his best friend pick him and has no plan on playing him.  I hope Karma comes through because my son was 2nd on the waiver wire and asked me if I wanted him to pick anyone up and then drop them after the waiver period was over. I sad no I thought that was cheating and did not need any bad ju ju

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I tried to pick up Wilson from San Fran to in case Mitchell was not back but the guy I am playing had his best friend pick him and has no plan on playing him.  I hope Karma comes through because my son was 2nd on the waiver wire and asked me if I wanted him to pick anyone up and then drop them after the waiver period was over. I sad no I thought that was cheating and did not need any bad ju ju

I don't think Wilson will be a huge factor...could be wrong. Titans run defense is one of the best in the league. While San Fran will give him volume for sure...I don't think Wilson is Mitchell in that I don't think he has that extra juice to do much. Of course sometimes it just takes a goal line carry or two to change everything....but I look for Debo and Kittles to make most the big plays in this game for San Fran in a low scoring slug fest.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't think Wilson will be a huge factor...could be wrong. Titans run defense is one of the best in the league. While San Fran will give him volume for sure...I don't think Wilson is Mitchell in that I don't think he has that extra juice to do much. Of course sometimes it just takes a goal line carry or two to change everything....but I look for Debo and Kittles to make most the big plays in this game for San Fran in a low scoring slug fest.

Right now I have Gage in at Flex, afraid to go with Van Jefferson again this week and afraid to put Pollard in that spot. 

• Like 1

Wow.  It's critical to check multiple times a day for news.  Made some lineup changes to my ESPN team this morning.  Just looked again and saw the Cook, who I have, has Covid.  Thankfully, I have Mattison as well.  

Unfortunately, it's a 2 QB league, and my second QB is Taysom Hill, who now has Covid as well.  I have Tannehill and Ryan on the bench.  Kept Ryan on my roster even after picking up Hill because I didn't want anyone else to be able to grab a starting QB if there was an injury.

So, my question to you guys is do I start Tannehill against SF tonight or Ryan against Detroit on Sunday.  I like Ryan's matchup better, but I feel I have to start Tannehill since Ryan or Stafford (who is my other QB) catch Covid by Sunday.  Being a 2 QB league, the only starters on the waiver wire are Cam, Z. Wilson, and Drew Lock (assuming Teddy is still out)

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wow.  It's critical to check multiple times a day for news.  Made some lineup changes to my ESPN team this morning.  Just looked again and saw the Cook, who I have, has Covid.  Thankfully, I have Mattison as well.  

Unfortunately, it's a 2 QB league, and my second QB is Taysom Hill, who now has Covid as well.  I have Tannehill and Ryan on the bench.  Kept Ryan on my roster even after picking up Hill because I didn't want anyone else to be able to grab a starting QB if there was an injury.

So, my question to you guys is do I start Tannehill against SF tonight or Ryan against Detroit on Sunday.  I like Ryan's matchup better, but I feel I have to start Tannehill since Ryan or Stafford (who is my other QB) catch Covid by Sunday.  Being a 2 QB league, the only starters on the waiver wire are Cam, Z. Wilson, and Drew Lock (assuming Teddy is still out)

I would not play Tannehill. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And this, again, is why I've kept him all year in my money league. Now... 

Assuming AM is the guy this weekend, I can only play 2 of 3- Mattison, Montgomery, A Jones? 

Already made my mind up. A Jones and Mattison. 

I might have to start Justin Fields this weekend, Russell sucks, and I can't allow myself to have two Bears in my starting lineup. Cannot do it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you want a qb with more running abilities then I guess you'd look at Tannenhill and Cam. Both can give you bonus points running the ball. Cam is facing TB...Tannenhill SF. Ryan is more a known commodity as he consistantly throws for 250 yds and a TD.....I think it comes down to do you think he will get multiple TDs and if he might go over the 300yd bonus if you have that. I'd say Ryan has a pretty safe floor this week....and at worst if he get's Covid sounds like there are some decent options to roll the dice on...I think TN/SF will be low scoring imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would not play Tannehill. 

So, if I don't, I'm left with two healthy QBs in a 2 QB league.  If Ryan or Stafford catches Covid, I'm dumpster diving for a trash QB.  Is Ryan that much of a better option than Tannehill?  I obviously intend on playing Stafford, but leaning on taking the sure start with Tannehill and having Ryan in reserve in case something happens to Stafford.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Already made my mind up. A Jones and Mattison. 

I might have to start Justin Fields this weekend, Russell sucks, and I can't allow myself to have two Bears in my starting lineup. Cannot do it. 

I'd have a hard time sitting Montgomery....risky call. Seahawks run defense isn't very good and DM gets ton's of touches in both the run and pass game. Will Jones split carries?? It's a good matchup....but if they get up big early does he sit? Mattison has the worst matchup of the 3 and just coming back from Covid. He's been great filling in though. LOL....be hard to sit any of them. Can't flex the 3rd??

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if I don't, I'm left with two healthy QBs in a 2 QB league.  If Ryan or Stafford catches Covid, I'm dumpster diving for a trash QB.  Is Ryan that much of a better option than Tannehill?  I obviously intend on playing Stafford, but leaning on taking the sure start with Tannehill and having Ryan in reserve in case something happens to Stafford.  

Hey big guy, just offering my opinion. Absolutely doesn't mean I'm right!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Who else is available on the wire? The ones you listed were viable in Cam, Ryan, and heck if Goff comes off the Covid list the ATL matchup for him isn't awful either....Trevor Lawrence against the Jets in an emergency...

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'd have a hard time sitting Montgomery....risky call. Seahawks run defense isn't very good and DM gets ton's of touches in both the run and pass game. Will Jones split carries?? It's a good matchup....but if they get up big early does he sit? Mattison has the worst matchup of the 3 and just coming back from Covid. He's been great filling in though. LOL....be hard to sit any of them. Can't flex the 3rd??

No. We have one less starting spot than everyone else. 

AM has avged 18p in the 3 starts he's had this year, in my league, absolutely not sitting him. 

I think A Jones had 15 touches last week and out snapped Dillon by quite a bit. I just don't trust the Bears lol 

• Like 1