Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hey big guy, just offering my opinion. Absolutely doesn't mean I'm right!

And, I appreciate it.  I enjoy the discussion either way.  I would have felt better about my choice if you and @dgambillchose the way I was leaning, but I truly am asking for insight, not confirmation.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No. We have one less starting spot than everyone else. 

AM has avged 18p in the 3 starts he's had this year, in my league, absolutely not sitting him. 

I think A Jones had 15 touches last week and out snapped Dillon by quite a bit. I just don't trust the Bears lol 

Sound reasoning for sure. Sucks you can't play all 3...I really think they are all good options this week. Doubt any just put up a stinker....just hope the one you sit doesn't pop off obviously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Who else is available on the wire? The ones you listed were viable in Cam, Ryan, and heck if Goff comes off the Covid list the ATL matchup for him isn't awful either....Trevor Lawrence against the Jets in an emergency...

Lawrence and Goff are not available.  It's a 10 team, 2 QB league.  So, everyone has 3 QBs, and a couple of people, like me, have 4.  When I picked up Hill when he was named starter, I held onto both Ryan and Tannehill just for this specific purpose.  I didn't want to put a viable QB back in the pool.  I'm absolutely loaded at RB (Cook, Chubb, Montgomery, Mitchell, and Mattison).  Davante Adams in my #1WR.  Pitts is my TE.  My only true weakness at this point is WR2, and that's only because Godwin got hurt.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, I appreciate it.  I enjoy the discussion either way.  I would have felt better about my choice if you and @dgambillchose the way I was leaning, but I truly am asking for insight, not confirmation.  

Getting Brown back is definitely helpful...and somehow J Jones is healthy?? So he has more weapons for sure...but without his OL and against a solid defense and what he has done lately...hard to trust. I like he gets bonus yards on the ground...and can even vulture a TD on the goal line...but really hard to trust.....but then again...can you trust any of those other guys?? Why can't you have Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes as your backup....make my job easier to help lol.

I just think there are a lot of options on the waiver that aren't horrible. Heck even Hundley in Baltimore is viable if he get's another start. (I don't think he will)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lawrence and Goff are not available.  It's a 10 team, 2 QB league.  So, everyone has 3 QBs, and a couple of people, like me, have 4.  When I picked up Hill when he was named starter, I held onto both Ryan and Tannehill just for this specific purpose.  I didn't want to put a viable QB back in the pool.  I'm absolutely loaded at RB (Cook, Chubb, Montgomery, Mitchell, and Mattison).  Davante Adams in my #1WR.  Pitts is my TE.  My only true weakness at this point is WR2, and that's only because Godwin got hurt.  

Hey...if the wire is that bare...I understand a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think Ryan being a veteran pro's pro type qb...I'd think he would keep himself out of harms way from getting the VID...but you got to live with yourself....I don't want to lose your playoffs....go with your gut.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And this, again, is why I've kept him all year in my money league. Now... 

Assuming AM is the guy this weekend, I can only play 2 of 3- Mattison, Montgomery, A Jones? 

Yep. Payday we hit. 2 biggest $ leagues I have him sitting right there for the weekend. Title game in one and F4 weekend in other. Mattison and boy...probably Montgomery vs Seattle Rush D because Jones/Dillon have been sharing lately.

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Correct. 10 days so depending on when it happened it means this morning starts the clock which means he's going to be very close next weekend vs Green Bay.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wow.  It's critical to check multiple times a day for news.  Made some lineup changes to my ESPN team this morning.  Just looked again and saw the Cook, who I have, has Covid.  Thankfully, I have Mattison as well.  

Unfortunately, it's a 2 QB league, and my second QB is Taysom Hill, who now has Covid as well.  I have Tannehill and Ryan on the bench.  Kept Ryan on my roster even after picking up Hill because I didn't want anyone else to be able to grab a starting QB if there was an injury.

So, my question to you guys is do I start Tannehill against SF tonight or Ryan against Detroit on Sunday.  I like Ryan's matchup better, but I feel I have to start Tannehill since Ryan or Stafford (who is my other QB) catch Covid by Sunday.  Being a 2 QB league, the only starters on the waiver wire are Cam, Z. Wilson, and Drew Lock (assuming Teddy is still out)

I'd probably roll with Matt Ryan.....Tannehill gets some help back tonight but they still are going to just run the ball even though they SHOULD attack via the air. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if I don't, I'm left with two healthy QBs in a 2 QB league.  If Ryan or Stafford catches Covid, I'm dumpster diving for a trash QB.  Is Ryan that much of a better option than Tannehill?  I obviously intend on playing Stafford, but leaning on taking the sure start with Tannehill and having Ryan in reserve in case something happens to Stafford.  

It's interesting this time of year. Usually I hate Thursday night games for fantasy...but with Covid you get the points when you can so I understand if you go with RT. He should be good for minimally 2 TD's and probably 245 in the air?? Maybe another 40 on the ground?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

First two and Pollard. 

Leaning that way but man Michel has performed down the stretch for me...feel kind of guilty leaving him on the sidelines. 

Same for Godwin...leaving him on the roster as an honorary captain so he can enjoy the title (I hope) too. I'm not sending him to the waiver with the rest of the bums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What did you decide?

Man. I benched AJ Brown tonight in full point PPR. Title game. Won't second guess myself a bit coming off injury, bad offense,etc....but damn. Play the stars is always what I believe in and this happens. Haha. Only blessing is opponent has Kittle. Apparently SF doesn't like to target the 2nd best TE in football.

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

We went 6 teams to keep interest in the leagues longer. No one wants to play in a league full of teams that dont even bother to set a line up.

And you can't really move up the post-season because now bye weeks run to week 14 and that wouldn't be fair to have a bye in your playoff. Yeah really only works in a 10 man league with 4 playoff spots.

• Like 1