Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Well, it appears I am going to be the 2 seed in my ESPN league unless Stafford can find a way to score a whole bunch of points tonight without Cooper Kupp scoring any.  Every single position player underachieved for me this week.  None of them were necessarily bad, it's just they were scoring 11 and 12 points instead of 17+. 

The next order of business is that I have to replace Godwin.  Best choices I see available are:

• AB
  • Gage
  • Boyd

Gage scares me, and I already have Pitts.  I like what I'm seeing from Boyd the last 3 weeks.  AB likely has the most upside, but he can explode in a bad way as well.  What do you guys think?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, it appears I am going to be the 2 seed in my ESPN league unless Stafford can find a way to score a whole bunch of points tonight without Cooper Kupp scoring any.  Every single position player underachieved for me this week.  None of them were necessarily bad, it's just they were scoring 11 and 12 points instead of 17+. 

The next order of business is that I have to replace Godwin.  Best choices I see available are:

• AB
  • Gage
  • Boyd

Gage scares me, and I already have Pitts.  I like what I'm seeing from Boyd the last 3 weeks.  AB likely has the most upside, but he can explode in a bad way as well.  What do you guys think?

AB by a lot. I wouldn't pick up Boyd. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• AB
  • Gage
  • Boyd

Of those 3 AB....but I do like Gage in PPR. Not sure if they are still available in your league and hopefully I'm not giving away any trade secrets for our league....but if Goff is healthy St. Brown and Reynolds have been really consistent PPR performers too. Going up against suspect Atlanta D.

In one league I've spent the entire year getting to title game...and now I'm going to be laying my hopes of fantasy title on the Detroit Lions. Gulp. Godwin, Brown, Ridley, Waller.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

• AB
  • Gage
  • Boyd

Boyd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

• AB
  • Gage
  • Boyd

I would rank them in the order you listed....AB should be in for a huge game. He was one of Brady's favorite targets early on before he hurt his ankle and back then he was only playing like 55% of downs. He will be get a lot of targets if he is fully healthy...and I think motivated. Gage has been consistent lately...there just hasn't been anyone else to target in Atlanta. I think they play Detroit next week so not a bad matchup. Boyd.....the guy typically gets 4-5 targets a game and probably 40yds. He would be very very touchdown dependent. His big games have come when playing the best pass defenses...when teams have looked to take away Chase....doubling him etc. Baltimore is not a very good pass defense and I expect Chase to be open A LOT....and Higgins too. I think it will be high volume for those two and less need for Boyd underneath. Last time they played I think he had 4 catches for 39....that said they blew out Baltimore....so hard to say. Obviously it is not ideal this time of year to be searching for a replacement....but AB has the highest upside I'd say.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like more news coming out of KC....not just Kelce but now Tyreek Hill too and Butker too. 

Hill, Kelce and Rashad Fenton are all on covid reserve. It's early in the week so they could still be off it by Sunday.

Yeah also Butker and Blake Bell.

Edited by Hoosier51

Well it was fun, I dont see a win unless OBJ falls back to his early NYG days and goes off for 10, 150 and 2 TD's. Not happening. I enjoyed playing both leagues with you guys. Hardest, more strange year ever. Covid is here to stay, so unless they move all sports to the summer time, expect more of the same in the future.

• Like 1

Whatever is left of any roster....I wish everyone the best! Now I know why some leagues just go by overall record or points and say screw playoffs.

This is kind of what I hate about basketball fantasy too. That final week I'll be dropping Luka and all kind of guys because once their final game is done I'll be streaming replacements who have multiple games etc. By the end you have some croatian pf that is getting minutes because the Hornets are tanking and no stars on your roster lol.

Just now, dgambill said:

Whatever is left of any roster....I wish everyone the best! Now I know why some leagues just go by overall record or points and say screw playoffs.

This is kind of what I hate about basketball fantasy too. That final week I'll be dropping Luka and all kind of guys because once their final game is done I'll be streaming replacements who have multiple games etc. By the end you have some croatian pf that is getting minutes because the Hornets are tanking and no stars on your roster lol.

Usually not at all like this. Haven't seen anything close to it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Well it was fun, I dont see a win unless OBJ falls back to his early NYG days and goes off for 10, 150 and 2 TD's. Not happening. I enjoyed playing both leagues with you guys. Hardest, more strange year ever. Covid is here to stay, so unless they move all sports to the summer time, expect more of the same in the future.

I got lucky this week against you, barring OBJ going nuts, my team underperformed but Brady having a bad week helped a lot.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Fournette likely to be placed on IR now. Bucs are going to sign Le'Veon.

They are hurting big time on injuries. That's probably a bigger loss for them then Godwin.

Rojo will fill in just fine. He isn't as good in passing game and protection but I think he runs the ball with even more juice than Fournette so I don't see much slippage.

• Like 1