Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Survive and advance this time of year was supposed to be a phrase only for tourney in March.

I have one league (on bye this week) where next week with Godwin injury....my starting lineup will consist only of Adams and Herbert that I drafted. Everything else has been waivers and add.....and it's just Monday. Somehow I'm expecting about 3-4 major covid related players to be out this week.

Good luck all. Just win and move along. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah..their schedule is pretty cake after next week....but for some reason Vrabel seems like a guy that would do it lol.

They still have the Dolphins who have won 6 in a row and Texans who already beat them once and with the way they are playing could realistically lose all three just as much as they could win them.

Vrabel does seem kind of like a guy that would lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Survive and advance this time of year was supposed to be a phrase only for tourney in March.

I have one league (on bye this week) where next week with Godwin injury....my starting lineup will consist only of Adams and Herbert that I drafted. Everything else has been waivers and add.....and it's just Monday. Somehow I'm expecting about 3-4 major covid related players to be out this week.

Good luck all. Just win and move along. 

I've been relatively lucky with injuries so far, Godwin will be the only major one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I've been relatively lucky with injuries so far, Godwin will be the only major one.

Godwin, AJ Brown, Waller, Ridley...my best move this week is hoping that somehow injuries or covid allow Michel, Pollard, Javonte to get majority of touches or I'm toast. It's all fun but I'd rather go down with a full clip instead of a pocket knife.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Godwin, AJ Brown, Waller, Ridley...my best move this week is hoping that somehow injuries or covid allow Michel, Pollard, Javonte to get majority of touches or I'm toast. It's all fun but I'd rather go down with a full clip instead of a pocket knife.

Yeah know matter how good your team is one injury could derail it.

• Like 3

Seems in fantasy playoffs it's those flex guys and little known guys that end up doing the unexpected or having the big weeks that lead to a win. For every Kelce/JT there is a Duke Johnson or Jeff Wilson late in the season that comes up big too. I'd say in general 1 player going down shouldn't cost you your season if you have built a good squad top to bottom....but QB sometimes is hard to replace this late in the year...especially with it being so matchup dependent. You'd be suprised the scoring on some of these waiver wire guys this week....it's just hard to predict who will go off.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Seems in fantasy playoffs it's those flex guys and little known guys that end up doing the unexpected or having the big weeks that lead to a win. For every Kelce/JT there is a Duke Johnson or Jeff Wilson late in the season that comes up big too. I'd say in general 1 player going down shouldn't cost you your season if you have built a good squad top to bottom....but QB sometimes is hard to replace this late in the year...especially with it being so matchup dependent. You'd be suprised the scoring on some of these waiver wire guys this week....it's just hard to predict who will go off.

I kept going back and forth with my flex once Mitchell was ruled out and I went with V. Jefferson and left Gage on the bench where he scored 23 and I would have already won the game this week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I kept going back and forth with my flex once Mitchell was ruled out and I went with V. Jefferson and left Gage on the bench where he scored 23 and I would have already won the game this week. 

Gage has been good the last few weeks....but man it would not make me feel good to start him lol....but I'd been wrong on him myself. I like Jefferson.....I really think he has so much potential but he just is like a whisker away from breaking out. My problem will be sitting him when he does probably lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Gage has been good the last few weeks....but man it would not make me feel good to start him lol....but I'd been wrong on him myself. I like Jefferson.....I really think he has so much potential but he just is like a whisker away from breaking out. My problem will be sitting him when he does probably lol.

I have Mitchell and I put in claim for his backup Wilson just in case on the short week he is not back. I just want my starters back. I would have been better to have started both Zeke and Pollard. Hopefully Cook goes off tonight and I don't have to worry about it for a day or so. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Gage has been really good lately...especially in PPR. There are a couple others I'm keeping an eye on now that Godwin is out. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Travis Kelce Covid. F off NFL protocols. Apparently vaccinated so plenty of time to post a couple negatives.

I'll play him in the championship. 😳

Two week championship, but still.  I'd just prefer both teams be healthy. I don't want there to be a doubt in my league.  

• Like 1