Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

15 hours ago, Indykev said:

@5foulsreach out by DM if we want to do keeper leagues, minus a couple guys who didnt bother to set a line up most of the time. I think @KDBand I can use commish tools to do that.

Are we saying keeper leagues moving forward next year? Not sure how we do that if playoff teams are being promoted to the premeir league for competitive purposes. Not saying I'm against it just wondering...plus obviously it would have to start next year as I'm sure many people have broken up their roster and dropped guys they would have liked to kept etc. As far as guys not playing I'm sure we could easily find replacements or drop to a 10 man league. I've liked the scoring bonuses and depending on how much they let you customize as the commish could be nice to have people throw out a few rule/point suggestions to vote. Have to say despite how the playoffs are all going down in flames it seems this has been a fun year with you guys!

14 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah I had him earlier in the year but dropped him, probably should have kept him lol

I basically went through and picked up every handcuff a couple weeks ago when I wrapped up a bye. Didn't hurt that all my guys got hurt and who I had left was very cuttable and didn't have many late season byes. So problem I have now is I have like 5-6 running backs that are all about the same....but not great. I have options but I wouldn't say I love any of them...but that is better than having no backup to turn to with covid and injuries. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Are we saying keeper leagues moving forward next year? Not sure how we do that if playoff teams are being promoted to the premeir league for competitive purposes. Not saying I'm against it just wondering...plus obviously it would have to start next year as I'm sure many people have broken up their roster and dropped guys they would have liked to kept etc. As far as guys not playing I'm sure we could easily find replacements or drop to a 10 man league. I've liked the scoring bonuses and depending on how much they let you customize as the commish could be nice to have people throw out a few rule/point suggestions to vote. Have to say despite how the playoffs are all going down in flames it seems this has been a fun year with you guys!

@5foulshas some great ideas for next year. no keeper leagues

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I basically went through and picked up every handcuff a couple weeks ago when I wrapped up a bye. Didn't hurt that all my guys got hurt and who I had left was very cuttable and didn't have many late season byes. So problem I have now is I have like 5-6 running backs that are all about the same....but not great. I have options but I wouldn't say I love any of them...but that is better than having no backup to turn to with covid and injuries. 

I'm king of the handcuff....and typically this time of year you end up with guys who have played their way into meaningful touches....Pollard and Michel are two. Always have to have Mattison and there are a few others out there this week as well. Problem is we live in a hour world right now. 

NFL wanted to cancel 3 games last week is coming out on twitter. You imagine the fantasy outrage if that happened?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm king of the handcuff....and typically this time of year you end up with guys who have played their way into meaningful touches....Pollard and Michel are two. Always have to have Mattison and there are a few others out there this week as well. Problem is we live in a hour world right now. 

NFL wanted to cancel 3 games last week is coming out on twitter. You imagine the fantasy outrage if that happened?

Apocolyptic...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This week starts our 2 week championship.  I feel good because all of my players but Swift are on teams trying to get in the playoffs. 

I do like the two week championship for the finals. Week 15 first rd and 16/17 combined finals....tough to have your whole season fall prey to a one off crazy week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

If we lose some guys, I'm hoping we can find new blood and keep it at 12 team leagues.  With 10 team leagues, waivers become a little too easy imo.  And, the premier league concept is still in the works, though not entirely finalized.  I plan on publishing a detailed plan after the playoffs.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If we lose some guys, I'm hoping we can find new blood and keep it at 12 team leagues.  With 10 team leagues, waivers become a little too easy imo.  And, the premier league concept is still in the works, though not entirely finalized.  I plan on publishing a detailed plan after the playoffs.  

You guys did a fabulous job setting it up...I trust ya! Thank you again to all those that made it a fun year and special thanks to all those that have made this board possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I do like the two week championship for the finals. Week 15 first rd and 16/17 combined finals....tough to have your whole season fall prey to a one off crazy week.

I'm the opposite.  I don't like the two week playoff.  If that's what the majority wants, we can consider it.  But, I'm one of those people who care more about how I do in the regular season than I am the playoffs.  If I win the regular season, but lose in the playoffs, I still feel good about the season.  I prefer the regular season to be as long as possible.  A 2 week championship takes a week away from that. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

@rico....yahoo projections has it 141.69 to 141.21......not sure it can get much closer.....but never fear....I don't think I've hit my weekly projection in about 2 months lol. Good luck this week! My only hope is in turning to the dark side and rooting for the Dark Lord against your mighty Buffalo men!

lord-belichick-3.png

@rico made a pact with Satan, himself, when he was sitting at 0-5.  There is no other explanation for where he is now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm the opposite.  I don't like the two week playoff.  If that's what the majority wants, we can consider it.  But, I'm one of those people who care more about how I do in the regular season than I am the playoffs.  If I win the regular season, but lose in the playoffs, I still feel good about the season.  I prefer the regular season to be as long as possible.  A 2 week championship takes a week away from that. 

Not if you have only 4 teams in the playoffs...but honestly I don't care that much...I don't have a single league this year that has it...just think with 2 weeks in the championship game you have a better chance for the best team to come out on top....but if that is all that matters then just take the season winner...so it's no big deal...I'm happy to play however we do it!

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not if you have only 4 teams in the playoffs...but honestly I don't care that much...I don't have a single league this year that has it...just think with 2 weeks in the championship game you have a better chance for the best team to come out on top....but if that is all that matters then just take the season winner...so it's no big deal...I'm happy to play however we do it!

We can out it to a vote.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@rico made a pact with Satan, himself, when he was sitting at 0-5.  There is no other explanation for where he is now.  

Lol...maybe. Honestly he drafted a good team that underperformed at the start honestly. The biggest thing and maybe he can correct me if I'm wrong but by and large most of his team or at least his big name players have stayed healthy. But Allen, Diggs, JT, Higgins, and even Gordon was a pretty good team....all the teams that made or just missed the playoffs did a good job...not a lot separating us on this league. Seems the other division was a little more top heavy with 3 or 4 teams mostly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We can out it to a vote.  

We can just make a list of things and come around next year vote on stuff. I don't care  if much changes. I would like to see defenses score higher and maybe bigger penalties for multiple turnovers from qbs or any player. I remember one game I think Tannenhill threw 4 ints and scored a couple tds late but still scored in the 20s....but again...no matter what I enjoy this and will love to do it again no matter what the rules.

Edited by dgambill

Not that it should be a surprise but I'm facing JT in every single one of my leagues this week that I'm in the playoffs. My own fault for not drafting him but I didn't trust Reich not to do some crazy shared back field and I thought Hines would get all the passing game. I hate to do it...going to be hard to root against him...perhaps Carson can just have a big week this week.

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lol...maybe. Honestly he drafted a good team that underperformed at the start honestly. The biggest thing and maybe he can correct me if I'm wrong but by and large most of his team or at least his big name players have stayed healthy. But Allen, Diggs, JT, Higgins, and even Gordon was a pretty good team....all the teams that made or just missed the playoffs did a good job...not a lot separating us on this league. Seems the other division was a little more top heavy with 3 or 4 teams mostly.

Pretty much spot on there Bro.  I kept looking at my guys and saying wtf after 5 losses in a row.  I just had to believe they were better than what they were showing hence why I never accepted or even entertained the trade offers.  I really thought I dug myself a too big of hole once the "switch" turned on.  As it turned out I did dig myself out of that hole.  And have had a blast while doing it.  Hopefully the football Gods smile upon me again this week.  If not, it has been quite the ride.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Pretty much spot on there Bro.  I kept looking at my guys and saying wtf after 5 losses in a row.  I just had to believe they were better than what they were showing hence why I never accepted or even entertained the trade offers.  I really thought I dug myself a too big of hole once the "switch" turned on.  As it turned out I did dig myself out of that hole.  And have had a blast while doing it.  Hopefully the football Gods smile upon me again this week.  If not, it has been quite the ride.

I know I made several of those offers! A lesser fantasy player would have been tempted to shake things up...kudos to you!

• Like 1