Big Ten 2021-2022

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wish we had a kid like Frazier or Davis.....or anyone who just takes over at money time and says not losing on my watch. Frazier (despite his school) is a player I really like. 

He was always a decent player, but this year he's been making a lot of big plays at the end of games...That last 3 he made after going 1-6 from the arc before that shot, was confidence in himself and a stone cold killer...

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Illinois REALLY benefited from the extra Covid year. Think about that team without Frazier and Williams. 

I looked at their roster and didn't realize Plummer and Grandson was grad transfers.  They could lose their starting lineup from this year, so how will they be next year.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at their roster and didn't realize Plummer and Grandson was grad transfers.  They could lose their starting lineup from this year, so how will they be next year.

Yep I’m guessing they won’t have a choice but to bring in more transfers because their team will likely take a big step back next year. 

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Illinois REALLY benefited from the extra Covid year. Think about that team without Frazier and Williams. 

Yep...and a couple of guys (Ayo and Kofi) that were prepared to leave. Oh well. We'll see what happens this March. Illinois is a good team but they'll need to win a couple in tourney for One and Donederwood to lose the nickname which I just made up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seeing the project top 16 seeds I think it this happens, it would be the worst case for Purdue. Being the #2 seed with Auburn would be a bad matchup for Purdue.  The one team that really has the size to match up with Purdue and how athletic they are I don't think Purdue matches up well. Purdue could have trouble with 3 seed TT

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...and a couple of guys (Ayo and Kofi) that were prepared to leave. Oh well. We'll see what happens this March. Illinois is a good team but they'll need to win a couple in tourney for One and Donederwood to lose the nickname which I just made up. 

With the way the B1G lets Kofi and Edey throw their elbows and then just plow over people it could be rough on them once they are in the tourney and not able to do those things.

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

With the way the B1G lets Kofi and Edey throw their elbows and then just plow over people it could be rough on them once they are in the tourney and not able to do those things.

Yep. My Illini buddies are all saying or thinking the same thing. Or could be like us with TJD vs both Purdue and Illinois. One official and your best is out of the game in 4 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

It goes both ways IMO. They both get fouled all the time and it doesn’t always get called. Punished for being so much bigger than everyone else. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It goes both ways IMO. They both get fouled all the time and it doesn’t always get called. Punished for being so much bigger than everyone else. 

Your joking right? Kofi and Trayce were all in foul trouble within a couple of minutes against Edey, and Trayce was in right trouble right away against Kofi. Almost every game the opposite team has a big in foul trouble early against those two. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Hoosier51

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Your joking right? Kofi and Trayce were all in foul trouble within a couple of minutes against Edey, and Trayce was in right trouble right away against Kofi. Almost every game the opposite team has a big in foul trouble early against those two. 🤦‍♂️

Not joking at all. Varies by game. Against NW refs hardly called much against Edey. Their 3 bigs combined for 3 fouls which is laughable while our frontcourt was called for 9. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not joking at all. Varies by game. Against NW refs hardly called much against Edey. Their 3 bigs combined for 3 fouls which is laughable. 

I just looked and going back all the way to the IU game Edey hasn't come close to fouling out and hasn't had even four in any game since then and only one in that game. I would imagine if I wanted to look more this would be the case for most of the season. Him and Kofi are allowed to get away with murder by throwing their elbows and just plowing over people.

Edited by Hoosier51