Big Ten 2021-2022

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I get he hit him and that was inexcusable but can people stop calling it a punch. It was more of a slap 

Look at the video, when he pulls his hand back it is in a fist. It was kind of a punch/ slap combo lol.

Ok after watching the video above it was more of a slap lol. Which while weak the intent isn't much different.

Edited by Hoosier51

Howard shouldn’t coach the remainder of the year. Multiple players likely suspended. He was completely unapologetic in his post game presser.

As much as I dislike Wisconsin, I find next to zero fault in what Gard did. 

I hope next year after their game Gard pulls out boxing head gear and puts it on before going through the handshake line.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

If Howard gets fired Gard should too. Gard called the bullshit timeout and was the first to put his hands on anyone.

Howard probably will rightfully get fired but Wisconsin being the pathetic classless athletic department it is won’t even lift a finger against Gard. 

What’s wrong with the timeout? Michigan was pressing a bunch of walk ons with less then a minute left down 15. Don’t like it? Either don’t press in that situation or don’t get blown out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If Howard gets fired Gard should too. Gard called the bullshit timeout and was the first to put his hands on anyone.

Howard probably will rightfully get fired but Wisconsin being the pathetic classless athletic department it is won’t even lift a finger against Gard. 

Not sure about fired, but definitely multiple games.   Grab a man while he's pissed and you're eventually going to catch some hands....or a palm 😒😂

Edited by hoosier_exotics

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Also not really fair to make an equivalency between Gard putting his hands on Juwan and what Juwan did. They are not the same.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Gard had his bench/walk-ons in at the end of the game and Howard was full court pressing them with his starters and the game out of reach. I would have called the TO the same as Gard.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

What’s wrong with the timeout? Michigan was pressing a bunch of walk ons with less then a minute left down 15. Don’t like it? Either don’t press in that situation or don’t get blown out.

In a vacuum, sure. But Wisconsin does cheap shit to get under your skin all the time, then Gard put his hands on Howard for expressing that Gard leads a cheap program. Gard and Wisconsin escalated the situation. 

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Called the timeout after Howard was still pressing when Wisky had walk-ons in? Gard doesn’t deserve to get fired. Maybe suspended a game or two at most. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am gonna put some blame on the Big Ten for this too…

You let Wisconsin play BS, cheap ball, talk crap, get in peoples faces and all the BS they do all the time it’s inevitable this happens. Punks eventually get hit. 

The coach can’t throw a punch dude. It’s one thing if a player does it but a coach? Howard was an idiot for doing that. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Called the timeout after Howard was still pressing when Wisky had walk-ons in? Gard doesn’t deserve to get fired. Maybe suspended a game or two at most. 

Agree to disagree. You let guys act like punks all the time, which is exactly what Wisconsin athletics is, then don’t complain when you get a reaction.

Wisconsin seeks out to be an irritant and piss people off. They don’t get to wash their hands of what they cause, at least in my mind. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree. You let guys act like punks all the time, which is exactly what Wisconsin athletics is, then don’t complain when you get a reaction.

Wisconsin seeks out to be an irritant and piss people off. They don’t get to wash their hands of what they cause, at least in my mind. 

I agree with you 100% about Wisconsin having punks like Davison and if it was a case where Diabate threw a punch at Davison, it’d be bad but I could understand it cuz they’re kids. Coaches can’t be throwing punches regardless of what happens. 

• Like 1