Big Ten 2021-2022

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

How did you get that from what that explanation was?

The nuance is they couldn’t do either of those things because the clock moved. The clock moved because it inadvertently started and the refs determined they caught it too late and had to take .3 off, therefore making it a dead ball out of bounds

I disagree with the refs determining they should take .3 off and make it a dead ball out of bounds. You on the other hand are okay with a home team clock operator making an error and taking time off the clock with the home team winning. I’d hate to see IU lose a game because a clock operator took time off the clock erroneously.

Because that's exactly what Borowski said...

Initially, people were from cursed on "running the baseline" which would have been a violation as well, but wasn't the case. 

The ball was legally touched in bounds. Bo says "by rule" the .3 had to come off, and Purdue retained possession...

I'm not sure what your arguing...I'm sure the Big 10 will verify he's either correct (which I would say he is, or in error...

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

That doesn’t make it a good no call. If he created space with his elbow it’s an offensive foul, if his elbow just happened to be the first thing to make contact as he was going up, it’s still a foul on Williams. 

I watched it like 10 times and it looked like he led with his elbow to create space. Tre played that well. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Because that's exactly what Borowski said...

Initially, people were from cursed on "running the baseline" which would have been a violation as well, but wasn't the case. 

The ball was legally touched in bounds. Bo says "by rule" the .3 had to come off, and Purdue retained possession...

I'm not sure what your arguing...I'm sure the Big 10 will verify he's either correct (which I would say he is, or in error...

You and Bo Borowski are right, got it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Official explanation of why the clock moved and why it was a spot throw in:

image.thumb.png.e6e7d5127b3db83084539ba92739157e.png
For me personally I have no problem saying that was terrible officiating. But to each their own. 

If anyone is to blame, it is the time keeper.  I watch a lot of PU games, and the time clock and shot clock seem to be an issue about every other game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BDB said:

If anyone is to blame, it is the time keeper.  I watch a lot of PU games, and the time clock and shot clock seem to be an issue about every other game.  

I agree with that.

I don’t agree with an interpretation of the rules where a time keepers mistake results in time coming off of the clock and punishing one of the teams. 

5 minutes ago, BDB said:

100%! 
we lost a possession and 2 points vs Illini because of stupid shot clock 

we almost lost today because clock operator didn’t realize what was going on and started early 

MP’s fault for not asking proper question.  Simple….can we run baseline.  

9 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

100%! 
we lost a possession and 2 points vs Illini because of stupid shot clock 

we almost lost today because clock operator didn’t realize what was going on and started early 

MP’s fault for not asking proper question.  Simple….can we run baseline.  

No, you almost lost because your team didn't pay attention to the ref's instructions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

I think we need an email campaign to the Big Ten office on officials. Every game the Refs are crap. A phantom Tech at the end of the first half, purdue and Maryland. We could get @IU Scottto run it.

I'm surprised no one else mentioned the ridiculous tech. Kind of turned into a big deal in a 1 point game. Refs are so used to not calling fouls on Purdue, they don't even call them when Purdue is trying to foul. lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm surprised no one else mentioned the ridiculous tech. Kind of turned into a big deal in a 1 point game. Refs are so used to not calling fouls on Purdue, they don't even call them when Purdue is trying to foul. lol

Waiting for Ivey to bitch at refs and get a T!

doubt Purdue was playing hard enough to get a foul 

12 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

If a foul is called and Maryland wins….at least it wasn’t Turgeon who screams at refs on an izzo level 

As bad as we played in the first 30 minutes we only have ourselves to blame if we lose 

plus not knowing the inbound situation is comical 

If a foul had been called and Maryland won, I'm not sure any of those officials would have made it out of the building...and they were well aware of that.