Big Ten 2021-2022

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure they messed that up. You can always run the baseline after a make. 

I don't know how they could have made it more clear. It was after a make, but when the refs blew their whistle, it became a dead ball, and the inbounded couldn't move. It seems stupid to me, but the refs informed Purdue of the change prior to inbounding the ball. Generally, if you do something the refs just told you that you couldn't do, they're going to call it.

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

I think the dead ball is a totally separate play from the made FT.

I don’t. They stop the play to review the clock because it moved when it should t have.

The last play was a made basket. A clock error that results in the refs fixing it doesn’t negate the made basket allowing them to run the baseline. I don’t think I’ve ever seen officials deny a guy the ability to run the baseline because of a clock error. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t. They stop the play to review the clock because it moved when it should t have.

The last play was a made basket. A clock error that results in the refs fixing it doesn’t negate the made basket allowing them to run the baseline. I don’t think I’ve ever seen officials deny a guy the ability to run the baseline because of a clock error. 

This. Why should Purdue be penalized for a clock/official error?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

VkKJXduULSvhWww-800x450-noPad.jpg.cb3f9b865b033750616265e3bf94124c.jpg

They both disagree 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

This. Why should Purdue be penalized for a clock/official error?

They aren’t punished for it, it was a bad call. I just looked up the rule… if Maryland had a foul to give and fouled before the end bound they’d still have been able to run the baseline. Just an awful piece of officiating. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They aren’t punished for it, it was a bad call. I just looked up the rule… if Maryland had a foul to give and fouled before the end bound they’d still have been able to run the baseline. Just an awful piece of officiating. 

We shall see what the B1G office says about the call.  

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yup, that caused the timeout. But the last play was still a made basket and no time had come off of the clock since the made basket. 

But .3 seconds went off the clock even after the review, so that makes it a dead ball.

Everyone was looking at the foul on Williams but Gillis pushed Scott in the back.