Big Ten 2021-2022

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't watch their game but catching up this morning. Did Painter leave all of his starters in or something while Illinois cleared their bench? Painter/Underwood have words or something?

Not sure what happened there. Looks like Kofi was still in near the end of the game. Maybe Painter wanted to keep our starters in to close the game since we had given up plenty of big leads late this year. Didn’t seem like Painter and Underwood had any issues after the game based on what I saw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't watch their game but catching up this morning. Did Painter leave all of his starters in or something while Illinois cleared their bench? Painter/Underwood have words or something?

I think they had words about why the hell Purdue doesn't have functional shot clocks.

@Stlboiler23 Kofi was on the bench and Brandon Lieb was in along with the rest of the Illini bench. Edey was still trying to score against him and Ivey was as well. Not a big deal but looked a little strange.

Illinois and Purdue are pretty similar teams except they have Ivey, which is a pretty significant thing.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I think they had words about why the hell Purdue doesn't have functional shot clocks.

@Stlboiler23 Kofi was on the bench and Brandon Lieb was in along with the rest of the Illini bench. Edey was still trying to score against him and Ivey was as well. Not a big deal but looked a little strange.

Illinois and Purdue are pretty similar teams except they have Ivey, which is a pretty significant thing.

Yep it was about the shot clocks lol. Read about it on our website today. 

Not sure about that scoring at the end there tbh. Def not something Painter preaches so maybe that was something Edey/Ivey just did on their own?

I respect the hell out of your team and saw that Frazier stayed way after the game to sign autographs for Purdue fans which is great. Hope he’s okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep it was about the shot clocks lol. Read about it on our website today. 

Not sure about that scoring at the end there tbh. Def not something Painter preaches so maybe that was something Edey/Ivey just did on their own?

I respect the hell out of your team and saw that Frazier stayed way after the game to sign autographs for Purdue fans which is great. Hope he’s okay. 

Thanks we were all very happy to see Trent OK and get back in the game. Not sure it was wise to play him, but...

Thinking more about the end of game, Purdue is trying for a 1 seed so maybe Painter just wanted to try to see if they could get that 20 point margin. 😁

Watched an interesting discussion between the Miller brothers and Ken Pomeroy. Starting about 26 min through they are talking about how great offense has become more important than great defense. But Ken does think Purdue needs to improve their D to make the Final Four.

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Did IU win last night?? LOL!

Man I'm envious of both of your programs. While CMW is trying to "build a culture", what ever the hell that means, you guys just keep winning.

Just caught wind of that on twitter but didn't really read more since our game was at the same time. Tough to have that hit when you're trying to get an NCAA bid. Any news on how long those guys are out?

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Thanks we were all very happy to see Trent OK and get back in the game. Not sure it was wise to play him, but...

Thinking more about the end of game, Purdue is trying for a 1 seed so maybe Painter just wanted to try to see if they could get that 20 point margin. 😁

Watched an interesting discussion between the Miller brothers and Ken Pomeroy. Starting about 26 min through they are talking about how great offense has become more important than great defense. But Ken does think Purdue needs to improve their D to make the Final Four.

I agree our D needs to get better. But this Purdue team can score in a lot of ways. The team we had with Carsen was much more reliant on the 3 ball. The old “live and die by the 3” was very real that year. We were much better defensively last year with almost the exact same personnel so I’m hoping we can turn it on when we need to. Not like we lost some stud defender or anything. 

52 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Just caught wind of that on twitter but didn't really read more since our game was at the same time. Tough to have that hit when you're trying to get an NCAA bid. Any news on how long those guys are out?

No official news yet. They obviously won’t give details on what happened and during the post game Woodson mentioned having to make a decision on the way home about what he was going to do.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

OSU blew an 8 point lead in the last 3 minutes, outscored 10-0.  Holtman with some questionable decisions in that time.  Went away from Liddell on the last few possessions.

RU, on the other hand, looks extremely hot right now.

Back to back wins against ranked opponents and 6th in the B10, all while being 14-9