Big Ten 2021-2022

We finished 9th in the B1G? That honestly seems right where we should have finished. I can't think of any team ahead of us that we have more talent or are better than. 

It's frustrating the position Miller left us in. 

Maybe overall we are better than Michigan? We don't have close to that same talent as they do though. Thursday should be interesting. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My best friend is the biggest PU homer in the world and he said he will gladly take the win but can't brag about it and admits the refs screwed any chance of an IU upset. I thought it was an imposter at first in over 30 years of our fandoms that is the first time I have ever heard him say something like that. I am not one that usually blames the ref, with that said they did not cost IU the game but really really made it much more difficult. 

Oh, no question we almost always get a favorable whistle in Mackey. But most B1G teams get that at home, including IU, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Oh, no question we almost always get a favorable whistle in Mackey. But most B1G teams get that at home, including IU, IMO. 

Maybe in February PU committed 18 and IU 16 and none were to try and get to the bonus or fouling because you had a few until the bonus. I would wager in general the disparity at Mackey is the biggest in the BIG if not its there with Wisky

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

They just need to be consistently better at their jobs. I really don't care about which venue gets what calls. Just be flipping better, stop seeing things you don't see, stop over reacting and calling Techs..... they are poor at their profession, some of the rules SUCK, but they just need to be better. IDK what else to say on the topic. 

If most people were as poor at their jobs as B1G officials are, they'd be fired. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They just need to be consistently better at their jobs. I really don't care about which venue gets what calls. Just be flipping better, stop seeing things you don't see, stop over reacting and calling Techs..... they are poor at their profession, some of the rules SUCK, but they just need to be better. IDK what else to say on the topic. 

If most people were as poor at their jobs as B1G officials are, they'd be fired. 

Agree 100%. With all the money the B1G has, they should be able to do better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe in February PU committed 18 and IU 16 and none were to try and get to the bonus or fouling because you had a few until the bonus. I would wager in general the disparity at Mackey is the biggest in the BIG if not its there with Wisky

I would say Wisc is probably the worst year over year. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just to show that I at least try to be balanced on the officiating, I saw some horrible calls/non-calls go in IU's direction in the game I attended at Maryland. 

My seats were under Maryland's 2nd half basket and I had a direct line of site into the lane. A critical 2nd half IU run was fueled by Fatts Russell penetrating on maybe 3 out of 4 possessions (it was over a month ago so the exact details are a little fuzzy) and IU fouling the crap out if him with no calls. 

These fouls that had been called all game, but then for about a 3-4 minute stretch the refs let us play football on defense and we put the game away. 

All players ask is that the officiating crews be consistent. Either call everything or call nothing, but don't flip flop throughout the game and don't flip flop between the teams. Just be consistent, but Big 10 refs are horrible at that. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Just wanted to give you some props on this early call, well done! 😂

Missed on Illinois, hit on Michigan, and nobody got Wisconsin right...

Of course all of my predictions were before the season even started...unlike you who waited til the preseason was over...how bold...

And the pick I'm most embarrassed about is picking Curbelo as a break out player for the Illini... Underwood keeps running him out there you guys won't last long...

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not at all.... do you remember our game against you in Bloomington where our best player played 11 minutes because of incredibly weak foul calls? 

Or the Wisconsin game where we lost on a play that wasn't reviewable being reviewed? 

The only close game we have played and won in Bloomington in 2022 is the Purdue game, which again.... our best player played 11 minutes because of weak foul calls. So no, I don't buy that we are getting anything remotely comparable to what you guys just got. 

Who is the biggest instigator in the Big Ten?  

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I rewatched the game.  To foul we would have to be defending the Pick & Roll instead of watching….

This isn’t Kramer & Cardinal defense anymore.  MP gets skilled offensive players and hopes they are solid defenders….

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I rewatched the game.  To foul we would have to be defending the Pick & Roll instead of watching….

This isn’t Kramer & Cardinal defense anymore.  MP gets skilled offensive players and hopes they are solid defenders….

True but bad defense fouls more than good defense. I have never watched a team at any level go 17 minutes without committing a foul on defense and any Boiler fan that believes that game was called fairly I've got nothing for you. The refs did not cost IU the game they sure as heck did not help either

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I didn't think you fouled us a ton on defense, I thought you sure did on rebounds and had a number of times Sasha got away with offensive fouls before it finally got called. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn't think you fouled us a ton on defense, I thought you sure did on rebounds and had a number of times Sasha got away with offensive fouls before it finally got called. 

Gee….I wonder if wearing an IU 12 jersey got old after a while 

PS became a great defender?

46 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I don’t think it was so much that Purdue fouled us a ton and the refs didn't call them, it was more that IU got called for several phantom calls in the 2nd half where Purdue literally did not get called for a single questionable call tue entire half. 

When in the Big Ten does a team go an entire half, especially in a game that physical, without ever getting a bad or questionable call on them. 

You could argue Durr had 2-3 phantom fouls called on him in like a 3 minute stretch of the 2nd half, and you're telling me Edey and Williams committed zero fouls!?!?

As you said on Saturday, Purdue wasn't called for a defensive foul the entire second half until they started fouling on purpose. That never happens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Gee….I wonder if wearing an IU 12 jersey got old after a while 

PS became a great defender?

Weren't you the one complaining about some Purdue game from days of yore where, in your estimation the Boilers got a screwing on foul discrepancies (no matter what the circumstances, in my humble opinion it was justified 😁)?

Edited by IUFLA

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Weren't you the one complaining about some Purdue game from days of yore where, in your estimation the Boilers got a screwing on foul discrepancies (no matter what the circumstances, in my humble opinion it was just died 😁)?

I laugh at current Purdue fans who complain about fouls on the road.

if it’s 60-40 against celebrate 

big ten refs may be frustrating but at least we don’t have games with 40 FT

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

It is virtually statistically impossible to get a 19-7 foul differential in a college basketball game.  That's what we had over the first 39 minutes.  That stat means virtually every 50/50 call went against the same team.

Its bogus.  And, I'm not saying it never happens to Purdue.  I'm sure it has at some point in the last 2-3 years.  But, it happened to Indiana on Saturday in a game they had to win.

That pisses me off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It is virtually statistically impossible to get a 19-7 foul differential in a college basketball game.  That's what we had over the first 39 minutes.  That stat means virtually every 50/50 call went against the same team.

Its bogus.  And, I'm not saying it never happens to Purdue.  I'm sure it has at some point in the last 2-3 years.  But, it happened to Indiana on Saturday in a game they had to win.

That pisses me off.

And the thing with this is... because Purdue had 3 fouls to give late X got fouled twice (or my recollection says twice) where he was past his guy and they just grabbed him.

So while we missed an open three and had a turnover during that sequence of Purdue using their fouls, it also made it so we couldn't just play the possession straight up. And then they didn't call the play at half court that they had called when Purdue was giving fouls 30 seconds of game time prior.... (or 5 seconds if you want to talk about when they put us on the line for a 1 and 1)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And the thing with this is... because Purdue had 3 fouls to give late X got fouled twice (or my recollection says twice) where he was past his guy and they just grabbed him.

So while we missed an open three and had a turnover during that sequence of Purdue using their fouls, it also made it so we couldn't just play the possession straight up. And then they didn't call the play at half court that they had called when Purdue was giving fouls 30 seconds of game time prior.... (or 5 seconds if you want to talk about when they put us on the line for a 1 and 1)

Even Purdue just having 6 fouls, which is still really low for that point in the game, could have really changed that possession. 

Again, Stewart has to make that open 3, but still the circumstances of that possession would have been different. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Missed on Illinois, hit on Michigan, and nobody got Wisconsin right...

Of course all of my predictions were before the season even started...unlike you who waited til the preseason was over...how bold...

And the pick I'm most embarrassed about is picking Curbelo as a break out player for the Illini... Underwood keeps running him out there you guys won't last long...

Well, waiting didn't help my picks much either. 🤣

Brad has won 44 Big Ten games over the past 3 years, guess I'll just have to trust him. The Curbelo Experience is tough on the nerves at time for sure