Big Ten 2021-2022

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I’ve seen a lot of him and Jabari Smith this year; any GM taking Ivey over Smith should be fired on the spot. 

Yep. Ivey is a lottery pick no doubt…but Smith has special written all over him. Worth tanking for. If OKC lands him that team is going to be really dangerous in a few years. SGA, Giddy, Smith plus whatever else they put together with all their picks and signings yikes!

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep. Ivey is a lottery pick no doubt…but Smith has special written all over him. Worth tanking for. If OKC lands him that team is going to be really dangerous in a few years. SGA, Giddy, Smith plus whatever else they put together with all their picks and signings yikes!

100%. I think Ivey will be a good NBA player and has All-Star upside with his athleticism.

Smith has HOF upside. I don't think a lot of college fans realize just how good he is because Auburn is so stacked that they don't force things through him the way other top guys have had done in the past. On that note of Auburn.... I could honestly see them winning out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

100%. I think Ivey will be a good NBA player and has All-Star upside with his athleticism.

Smith has HOF upside. I don't think a lot of college fans realize just how good he is because Auburn is so stacked that they don't force things through him the way other top guys have had done in the past. On that note of Auburn.... I could honestly see them winning out. 

He has a little Kevin Durant in him for sure. Not saying he will ever be that good because KD is the ultimate gym rat but he doesn’t get sped up…gets to his spots and is like easy athletic…doesn’t look like he is trying to hard but still out playing dudes. Ivey has special athleticism for sure. But tons of dudes in NBA have that…he is still much more raw. He will have to develop a lot more of his game. Still taking him in top 5 likely.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know he can play but I think he is way overrated.

The NBA is very different then it used to be. Not nearly as physical...he is long so that helps even if he isn't uber athletic guarding PNR....and he is very very skilled player. Perfect stretch 4 for the modern NBA. I wouldn't like him on the current Pacer team but if it get's blown up depending on what young players they get (if good athletic wings/guards) then pairing him with slashers etc wouldn't be a bad thing to bring shooting/spacing. I don't think he is over-rated....and also he is on a veteran team in Gonzaga...he isn't having to have the ball run through him....in another situation I think you would see him be more assertive. 

Current Big 10 standings:

image.png.ba1b1cba443bd8dcaee82d17478c6109.png

Big games this week

Tuesday, February 1
Michigan State at Maryland

Wednesday, February 2
Wisconsin at Illinois
Purdue at Minnesota

Thursday, February 3
Iowa at Ohio State

A win Saturday puts us right in the thick of the Big 10 race...

Seems like old times...

• Like 5