Big Ten 2021-2022

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do we now have two bad losses? A month ago it was PSU...now is Iowa the bad loss?

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Or.... we have zero bad losses. I think calling a road loss in conference play a bad loss is a major stretch. 

I think at this point, about the only bad loss you could have in conference would be Nebraska...and even that isn't a gimme...they've played some contenders close...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Or.... we have zero bad losses. I think calling a road loss in conference play a bad loss is a major stretch. 

Agreed. I think because wins are so hard to come by....an unexpected loss just feels like a bad one. I expected to beat PSU and Iowa...but they aren't bad losses when it comes to the rankings etc. Teams are so closely jumbled up in the 30-65 area there aren't a lot of difference. So those losses feel worse than they are because you want to stand out from those teams by winning those winnable games. IMO the worst loss is the Michigan....at home and we were very uncompetitive in a primetime Sunday game that probably a lot of voters would have witnessed....not a tuesday night game on the road when everyone else was playing and no one would notice. But I'm just talking optics....in reality there really only 2-3 teams that would be considered bad losses. NEB, NW, and Minn....and all 3 of those are very very competitive night in and night out and have some good wins this year.

• Like 1

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

The worst loss is Michigan. Not just because it was at home, but because they crushed us. 

All the other losses were winnable. 

Wisconsin was pretty close...that was an absolute collapse.....tough pill to swallow. I will say in years past it would have started like a 3-4 games skid...but we bounced back well...same thing with the Michigan one. We have been much more resiliant this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wisconsin was pretty close...that was an absolute collapse.....tough pill to swallow. I will say in years past it would have started like a 3-4 games skid...but we bounced back well...same thing with the Michigan one. We have been much more resiliant this year.

That one burns more for sure. I spent the last 15 minutes of the second half just hoping the time would melt off... unfortunately, it felt like the team was playing the same way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is funny that the game winning shot for Purdue came after the players actually ran the wrong play

Purdue ended up with 2 terrible shots at the end of regulation and the first OT against Illinois. They seem to get really good looks off their regular offense, maybe they should just stick with that?

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually doubt that game had much viewership. It was during an NFL playoff game. 

I didn't notice....but if I cared I always have multiple screens for such. Just saying college basketball people would have certainly noticed...and those would likely be the ones voting.