'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

AP All American Team 

First Team

Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, 6-9, 255, Junior, Lubumbashi, Congo, 17.0 points, 15.1 rebounds (59 of 60 first-place votes, 298 points)

Johnny Davis, Wisconsin, Sophomore, La Crosse, Wisconsin, 19.7 points, 8.2 rebounds (57, 294)

Ochai Agbaji, Kansas, Senior, Kansas City, Missouri, 19.7 points, 5.1 rebounds (46, 270)

Kofi Cockburn, Illinois, 7-0, 285, Junior, Kingston, Jamaica, 21.1 points, 10.6 rebounds (42, 259)

Keegan Murray, Iowa, 6-8, 225, Sophomore, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 23.6 points, 8.6 rebounds (39, 248)

While I'm happy 3 Big 10 players made the first team, the fact that Trayce didn't even make Honorable Mention is a crime, especially considering Ron Harper Jr did...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

AP All American Team 

First Team

Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, 6-9, 255, Junior, Lubumbashi, Congo, 17.0 points, 15.1 rebounds (59 of 60 first-place votes, 298 points)

Johnny Davis, Wisconsin, Sophomore, La Crosse, Wisconsin, 19.7 points, 8.2 rebounds (57, 294)

Ochai Agbaji, Kansas, Senior, Kansas City, Missouri, 19.7 points, 5.1 rebounds (46, 270)

Kofi Cockburn, Illinois, 7-0, 285, Junior, Kingston, Jamaica, 21.1 points, 10.6 rebounds (42, 259)

Keegan Murray, Iowa, 6-8, 225, Sophomore, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 23.6 points, 8.6 rebounds (39, 248)

While I'm happy 3 Big 10 players made the first team, the fact that Trayce didn't even make Honorable Mention is a crime, especially considering Ron Harper Jr did...

Did Zach Edey get Honorable Mention for being really tall?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone see Buzz Williams' statement after the Texas A & M NIT game last night?  He was calling out the entire selection process.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Maybe next time don't lose 10 in a row.  It's a real buzz kill.

They lost home games to NET 93 SC and NET 149 MO, both teams fired their coaches. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone see Buzz Williams' statement after the Texas A & M NIT game last night?  He was calling out the entire selection process.

I understand why he said it but I feel like it was disrespectful to the NIT. Also, losing 8 in a row in the SEC with a non-conference schedule strength of 260 is kinda disrespectful too.

17 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I understand why he said it but I feel like it was disrespectful to the NIT. Also, losing 8 in a row in the SEC with a non-conference schedule strength of 260 is kinda disrespectful too.

I think the NIT should consider dropping invitations to major conferences.  I know they already take the regular season champs from one-bid leagues (if they lose their conference tourney), but they could increase the invitations to mid major conferences and small one-bid leagues. 

There are a number of teams from the one-bid leagues, with 20+ wins that didn't get a bid to either NCAAT or NIT. 

It would mean a lot more to those teams to have a shot at getting to MSG and winning a tourney than bubble teams from P5 conferences that are bitter about not getting in the NCAAT. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think the NIT should consider dropping invitations to major conferences.  I know they already take the regular season champs from one-bid leagues (if they lose their conference tourney), but they could increase the invitations to mid major conferences and small one-bid leagues. 

There are a number of teams from the one-bid leagues, with 20+ wins that didn't get a bid to either NCAAT or NIT. 

It would mean a lot more to those teams to have a shot at getting to MSG and winning a tourney than bubble teams from P5 conferences that are bitter about not getting in the NCAAT. 

Love that idea, but what would ESPN think?  

• Like 1