2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Not a good start for Mahle right before the trade line giving up 2 runs in the top of the 1st.

Also can't believe how many posters on the RedZone complaining the Castillo trade.  Mainly complaining a out the Reds are building the team and blowing up the team from last year.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good start for Mahle right before the trade line giving up 2 runs in the top of the 1st.

Also can't believe how many posters on the RedZone complaining the Castillo trade.  Mainly complaining a out the Reds are building the team and blowing up the team from last year.

To many of those people just like being mad and have no clue how winning teams are built in Major League Baseball unless it’s the Dodgers or Yankees signing big contracts. 

• Thanks 1

After a shaky start Mahle finished very strong.  He retired the last 13 batters he faced and was taken out after 6 innings. Gave up 2 runs in the first and nothing after that and Reds are up 8-2.  Mahle stock probably went up after this outing and hopefully we can get a good return for him if they trade him.  Sounds like the Twins are looking at him.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

To many of those people just like being mad and have no clue how winning teams are built in Major League Baseball unless it’s the Dodgers or Yankees signing big contracts. 

I read most of that thread on Redzone up until mid-day today.  I did not see anyone complaining about the return.  Most people thought it was an outstanding group of prospects.  What many of those believe, and I tend to agree with them, is that Reds ownership will sell off this group of players as well before they reach tenure for free agency.  We've seen that song and dance before.  The Reds simply won't keep a core group of players for 5-6 straight years like they did in the 70's with teh Big red Machine, or like the Astros are doing now.  Hunter Greene will be traded before he reaches free agency.  So will Nick Lodolo, Tyler Stephenson, Jonathan India, and every player that comes up through the system and becomes an all-star caliber player.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I read most of that thread on Redzone up until mid-day today.  I did not see anyone complaining about the return.  Most people thought it was an outstanding group of prospects.  What many of those believe, and I tend to agree with them, is that Reds ownership will sell off this group of players as well before they reach tenure for free agency.  We've seen that song and dance before.  The Reds simply won't keep a core group of players for 5-6 straight years like they did in the 70's with teh Big red Machine, or like the Astros are doing now.  Hunter Greene will be traded before he reaches free agency.  So will Nick Lodolo, Tyler Stephenson, Jonathan India, and every player that comes up through the system and becomes an all-star caliber player.     

Pretty Much sounds like teams from small markets like TB, Minnesota and Oakland. I know they haven't won the world series but those teams are usually competitive. Houston has lost some key players through the years and just lost Correa this year.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Also there isn't any indication that the Reds will keep trading off all of their young players. Just two years ago they spent tons of money on Castellanos, Moose, Shogo and Miley and that got the two seasons of .500 ball.  Made the playoffs during the COVID season and got shutout in both games.  This is the first time I have actually seen a plan on place to get younger and get top prospects.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cardinals getting Soto? Or just the rumor mill?

Why not? Goldschmidt, Arenado, now Soto...

While the team that's worth a billion more dollars than the Cardinals stands around with their hands in their pockets playing pocket pool... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Why not? Goldschmidt, Arenado, now Soto...

While the team that's worth a billion more dollars than the Cardinals stands around with their hands in their pockets playing pocket pool... 

I think Jed/Ricketts somehow think they have the Theo equity still built in....i.e. we were fine with the rebuild before so we'll be fine again.

That is their biggest error. We were fine with Theo because of his track record and we knew once he built us us we should be able to maintain that level of consistency given the resources. Massive failure on their part. I've never been this frustrated with the organization. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Also there isn't any indication that the Reds will keep trading off all of their young players. Just two years ago they spent tons of money on Castellanos, Moose, Shogo and Miley and that got the two seasons of .500 ball.  Made the playoffs during the COVID season and got shutout in both games.  This is the first time I have actually seen a plan on place to get younger and get top prospects.

The Reds were 83-79 last year.  Had they not gutted the team, Cincy would be in the play-off race and/or contending for a division title this year.  That is what I see from end.  Who in the hell guts a .500 team these days?  The Reds.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rico said:

The Reds were 83-79 last year.  Had they not gutted the team, Cincy would be in the play-off race and/or contending for a division title this year.  That is what I see from end.  Who in the hell guts a .500 team these days?  The Reds.

NC has been awful this year. Winker is batting .225

Miley has thrown 19IP 

Though I can see a Reds fan frustration, I don't think those three a that big of losses. 

Edited by btownqb

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Miley has thrown 19IP 

Though I can see a Reds fan frustration, I don't think those three a that big of losses. 

83-79 to a 100 loss season?  That is this Reds fan's frustration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Not necessarily, just look at how those players are doing with their new teams. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Miley has thrown 19IP 

Castellanos and Winker would both be performing better in Great American Ballpark.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Can someone tell me what these following players have in common? 
1 Joey Votto

2 Homer Bailey 

3 Tucker Barnhart 

4 Eugenio Suarez 

5 Jay Bruce 

6 Brandon Phillips 

Contracts that killed the Reds. On hindsight the Reds should have trade Votto instead of resigning him to that contract. The Cardinals knew it was time to let Pulos go elsewhere instead of signing him to that long contract.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I feel they could have let Nick walk and still contended for a play off spot this year.

Really take away the 3-22 start they have been a .500 team. To me the roster the last two years was descent but was not good enough to really compete for a championship.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Championship?  Hell, ya got to make the play-offs first.

That roster did make it and got shutout in both games.  I rather tear it down and actually bring on guys who can actually be difference makers over just bringing guys in that are average players.