Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly, you and the few others who keep making these type of comments are so freaking tired. Get some new material. 

I get it, you and your little posse don't like @btownqb and me. The amount of backhanded shots that you all take is beyond childish. Cut the shit with your little passive aggressive comments - just say what you mean so we can all move on. 

You guys have earned it. Kudos to you for knowing it without being mentioned. Doesn’t that say something? 

• Haha 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

What is there to see wrong? He fired a guy that wasn't a fit.

I never said i was for or against the firing.  I don't give a shit to be honest.  Doesn't affect my day at all.

But I am going to say, this is the type of post that annoys me.  I didn't say anything at all in my post about the actual firing of Fife.  I actually said i didn't give a shit. I was talking about how there are 2 sides of the Woodson support groups within this community.  Yet you come right at me asking me to validate you point of view when I haven't even defined my point of view. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dane on the court, sure. Not off. 

Even if 100% of everything in this thread about Dane was true I would still not sit here and tell you he deserved to have this aired to the public and his name be dragged. I think you disagree and enjoy seeing this happen to him. Do you.

Edited by Bushmage
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This I have a problem with...and I would also agree that it was 100% the reason behind Rabjohn's unfortunate post.  There was waaaaaay too much assumption that this was 100% on Woody before more information came out.  Go back and read the first pages of this topic because the posters ripping Woodson and deifying Fife share in the blame for all the dirt coming out.

Yes, Rabby shouldn't have done what he did, but if you're objective at all, you can see why it happened. It's laughable to think that this fanbase would have accepted the firing without additional information. 

Fault all around, but it sure looks like most of this is on Dane.  I'll reserve final judgment for later like many of the early posters SHOULD have done but unless the story changes a lot going forward, hard to think that Dane wasn't his own biggest enemy here.

Right - I made a post with like 25 or so of those quotes and it upset everyone that got quoted and I was told it was pointless to do.

This thread would be dead if people would realize Fife got what he deserved. No one is trashing him as a person or wishing anything ill upon him, but he brought this on himself. The only one anyone should be upset with right now is Dane Fife, he let the program down. 

• Like 5

Just now, Bushmage said:

Even if 100% of everything in this thread about Dane was true I would still not sit here and tell you he deserved to have this aired to the public and his name be dragged. I think you disagree and enjoy seeing this happen to him. Do you.

I absolutely do not enjoy it. He was one of my favorites. I have mentioned that. 

I'm confused why you aren't 90% mad at him and 10% at IU. Thats honestly where I'm coming from. 

He shouldn't have been hired to begin with, especially not by our AD. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Right - I made a post with like 25 or so of those quotes and it upset everyone that got quoted and I was told it was pointless to do.

This thread would be dead if people would realize Fife got what he deserved. No one is trashing him as a person or wishing anything ill upon him, but he brought this on himself. The only one anyone should be upset with right now is Dane Fife, he let the program down. 

Maybe Dolson a tick. But yeah. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You guys have earned it. Kudos to you for knowing it without being mentioned. Doesn’t that say something? 

Earned what? The group of you who constantly makes passive aggressive comments does the exact same thing, you guys just whine about everything. You're just like Dakich, you talk this big game but your skin is as tough as tissue paper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I never said i was for or against the firing.  I don't give a shit to be honest.  Doesn't affect my day at all.

But I am going to say, this is the type of post that annoys me.  I didn't say anything at all in my post about the actual firing of Fife.  I actually said i didn't give a shit. I was talking about how there are 2 sides of the Woodson support groups within this community.  Yet you come right at me asking me to validate you point of view when I haven't even defined my point of view. 

I didn't ask you to validate my point of view at all, I asked you to explain what Woodson did wrong? He is the head coach and he fired a guy that hadn't delivered a recruit, undermined the program, etc. 

We can have a separate discussion about Woodson and his faults as a coach, but nothing about firing Dane Fife was out of line. I'm not defending Woodson as a perfect coach at all. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Earned what? The group of you who constantly makes passive aggressive comments does the exact same thing, you guys just whine about everything. You're just like Dakich, you talk this big game but your skin is as tough as tissue paper. 

What “big game” do the rest of us talk? Try to act like adults and discuss opinions respectfully with other people? Nah man, at least try to speak facts if you’re going to lay claims. The MAJORITY of people on here do not speak in absolutes like they know everything and speak down to people when they disagree with somebody. You two are quite well at that, but go ahead and continue. Everybody sees it man. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I absolutely do not enjoy it. He was one of my favorites. I have mentioned that. 

I'm confused why you aren't 90% mad at him and 10% at IU. Thats honestly where I'm coming from. 

He shouldn't have been hired to begin with, especially not by our AD. 

problem is we just cant definitively say who deserves what %. Did mike sour this relationship and we're getting secondhand info to better deflect this onto Dane? Is Dane really that much of an asshole? You speak pretty confidently about this but we're just two dudes bored on a message board.

All I know concretely about Dane is he's been a good coach in his career and many people respect him a great deal. I'm disappointed in him for sure because he obviously did SOMETHING, but i should never even have a clue what that was when its a personal fit. It's just not our business and it feels like the program kinda made it our business so we could all corral into the camp that Dane is for sure the problem. I'm not sold on that this early into the CMW era.

I understand Peegs came out with the info we all read but at the end of the day I'm holding IU responsible for that kind of leak. That's not acceptable. And what we can 100% blame IU for is clarifying how he doesnt fit issue because thats on Mike. That was not necessary whatsoever. Let him go and move on. We dont need the details and usually never get them otherwise. Only reason I see us getting it now is so they get out ahead of the news to look better. Not a fan.

Edited by Bushmage
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

problem is we just cant definitively say who deserves what %. Did mike sour this relationship and we're getting secondhand info to better deflect this onto Dane? Is Dane really that much of an asshole? You speak pretty confidently about this but we're just two dudes bored on a message board.

All I know concretely about Dane is he's been a good coach in his career and many people respect him a great deal. I'm disappointed in him for sure because he obviously did SOMETHING, but i should never even have a clue what that was when its a personal fit. It's just not our business and it feels like the program kinda made it our business so we could all corral into the camp that Dane is for sure the problem. I'm not sold on that this early into the CMW era.

I understand Peegs came out with the info we all read but at the end of the day I'm holding IU responsible for that kind of leak. That's not acceptable. And what we can 100% blame IU for is clarifying how he doesnt fit. That was not necessary whatsoever. Let him go and move on. We dont need the details and usually never get them otherwise. Only reason I see us getting it now is so they get out ahead of the news to look better. Not a fan.

Man... there is so much info out there that isn't peegs. The same guys that told me about Brunk, Romeo, and a few others... he has mentioned even more crap that Fife did. 

The recruiting stuff last summer really got this all going. I wouldn't speak this confidently if it weren't for information being relayed. 

I can't more plainly tell you..Dane really messed up. I agree, its really hard to believe an IU guy could do all that. I'm sure Woodson thought the same. 

• Like 2

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

What “big game” do the rest of us talk? Try to act like adults and discuss opinions respectfully with other people? Nah man, at least try to speak facts if you’re going to lay claims. The MAJORITY of people on here do not speak in absolutes like they know everything and speak down to people when they disagree with somebody. You two are quite well at that, but go ahead and continue. Everybody sees it man. 

It's not the rest of the board that talks some big game. It's a very specific group of you including you, Billingsley, NCHoosier, Iowa, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. You guys talk in these passive aggressive tones all the time and try to act really smart, then keep your panties in a wad when anyone calls you out or disagrees with you - it's a message board, the entire point is we talk and sometimes disagree. 

I don't agree with @BobSaccamannoon this issue, but he isn't being a passive aggressive child about anything. I've had disagreements with @IUFLA in the past and we DMed to make sure we are all good on things. This is how adults handle things, not getting in passive aggressive jabs every chance they get because they don't know how to have an adult conversation with someone who doesn't fit exactly into their bubble. 

And to clarify, I'm not attacking you guys. I'm just really tired of the schtick. And to quote you, "everybody sees it man". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Man... there is so much info out there that isn't peegs. The same guys that told me about Brunk, Romeo, and a few others... he has mentioned even more crap that Fife did. 

The recruiting stuff last summer really got this all going. I wouldn't speak this confidently if it weren't for information being relayed. 

I can't more plainly tell you..Dane really messed up. I agree, its really hard to believe an IU guy could do all that. I'm sure Woodson thought the same. 

You have to understand I can only trust info like this so far. If you know, then I guess you know. The rest of us...dont. I'm not even sure what you're alluding to when you say stuff like this.

Edited by Bushmage

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly, you and the few others who keep making these type of comments are so freaking tired. Get some new material. 

I get it, you and your little posse don't like @btownqb and me. The amount of backhanded shots that you all take is beyond childish. Cut the shit with your little passive aggressive comments - just say what you mean so we can all move on. 

Actually I like everyone. I find those that feel they are 100 % correct all the time and feel that they are always the smartest in the room to be annoying but does not make me dislike anyone. I find those that are condescending to others and look down upon people for what they believe (whether right or wrong) annoying as well. I do find it funny thought that you say my material is old coming from a guy that loves to answer questions with a smart ass laughing emoji but whatever. 

In all seriousness I do wish that I thought as high as myself and my opinion as you do, I envy that. I know I am a prick and a smartass but at least I listen to the other side and every once in a while I just might see that someone else has an opinion or know something that was true or correct and I was wrong. I could say the same thing about your material as well and most of us could predict when and where it shows up. Thats what makes a message board, if all all agreed how fun would that be. 

As far as @btownqb I have no issue with him at all. We know many of the same people and call many of them friends. He has his opinion on things and many times I don't agree but with he and I we agree on a lot more than you and I thats for sure. He knows football and baseball a lot more than I could ever imaging and I respect that and what he adds. My jabs toward him are all in good fun because of his love fest with the SEC and his hatred of ND. We joke about that and I hate admitting that he is right most of that. 

With you its nothing more than very seldom if ever have you moved off of your stance no matter what is said. You dance around the issue and always come right back to asking the exact same question after many have answered it with what they believe. We are all fans none of us are on staff and have no idea of what really happens. We get info and pass it on and we all can believe what we want. If you want the truth I think you are arrogant and come across as a know it all horses ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Actually I like everyone. I find those that feel they are 100 % correct all the time and feel that they are always the smartest in the room to be annoying but does not make me dislike anyone. I find those that are condescending to others and look down upon people for what they believe (whether right or wrong) annoying as well. I do find it funny thought that you say my material is old coming from a guy that loves to answer questions with a smart ass laughing emoji but whatever. 

In all seriousness I do wish that I thought as high as myself and my opinion as you do, I envy that. I know I am a prick and a smartass but at least I listen to the other side and every once in a while I just might see that someone else has an opinion or know something that was true or correct and I was wrong. I could say the same thing about your material as well and most of us could predict when and where it shows up. Thats what makes a message board, if all all agreed how fun would that be. 

As far as @btownqb I have no issue with him at all. We know many of the same people and call many of them friends. He has his opinion on things and many times I don't agree but with he and I we agree on a lot more than you and I thats for sure. He knows football and baseball a lot more than I could ever imaging and I respect that and what he adds. My jabs toward him are all in good fun because of his love fest with the SEC and his hatred of ND. We joke about that and I hate admitting that he is right most of that. 

With you its nothing more than very seldom if ever have you moved off of your stance no matter what is said. You dance around the issue and always come right back to asking the exact same question after many have answered it with what they believe. We are all fans none of us are on staff and have no idea of what really happens. We get info and pass it on and we all can believe what we want. If you want the truth I think you are arrogant and come across as a know it all horses ass.

We can agree to disagree that you are open minded and change your opinion, while I am close minded and don't do that. 

Anyway, all good man, just please stop with the passive aggressive comments. They get old in a hurry. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

We can agree to disagree that you are open minded and change your opinion, while I am close minded and don't do that. 

Anyway, all good man, just please stop with the passive aggressive comments. They get old in a hurry. 

I appreciate the advice and will try to do better. I never said I change my opinion  I will listen and can admit if someone makes a valid point.  I do know that not all is black and white that 2 people can have different views and both be right. Being around someone that feels they are always right gets just as old just as quickly, just saying...

6 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

And again you would understand why I have to take it with a grain of salt. This isnt a fair way of assessing someone else's job.

So, what would take to convince you Dane did this stuff? Like... for you to be able to confidently say, yes Dane did that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I appreciate the advice and will try to do better. I never said I change my opinion  I will listen and can admit if someone makes a valid point.  I do know that not all is black and white that 2 people can have different views and both be right. Being around someone that feels they are always right gets just as old just as quickly, just saying...

I don't think I'm always right, but I do defend my position pretty vigorously until I am convinced I'm wrong. I actually enjoy when someone convinces me I'm wrong, but I'll try to be more mindful of the tone I use and how it might rub some people the wrong way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, what would take to convince you Dane did this stuff? Like... for you to be able to confidently say, yes Dane did that. 

Nothing. I dont know any of these people. When someone is fired for a personal fit theres the programs truth Danes truth and the actual truth. We cant know what actually happened because we werent there. Thats why i repeat so much that letting any of this out was a mistake.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You  quoted for me saying that it was a bad look which it is. Not mad about it. Within 30 minutes of that happening a buddy of mine with the PU program messaged me about the shit show that is Indiana basketball and my friend that is a D1 head coach had similar comments. 2 guys not fans of IU basketball think its a bad look as well and see the continued drama that has been our program for 20 plus years. That is how OUR beloved program is viewed so yes I stick to the fact that it is a very bad look. 

Edited by Billingsley99

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

Nothing. I dont know any of these people. When someone is fired for a personal fit theres the programs truth Danes truth and the actual truth. We cant know what actually happened because we werent there. Thats why i repeat so much that letting any of this out was a mistake.

Ok. Sounds good man. We all have a different view. 

I think we can all agree that what makes this forum better than others is that we can all disagree with each other while still keeping it civil and respectful, realizing we are all rooting for the same team. For whatever reason, this thread has turned ugly and some of these lines are being crossed. I understand the frustration with this situation, since many of us grew up watching one, or both of these guys play for the Hoosiers and have a loyalty to them.

Maybe we can all call a truce on the back and forth attacks on this. It just feels like beating a dead horse at this point. Everyone has made their points numerous times. Again, remember we are all on the same team. This program needs some positive news to break this weekend so we can all move past this. Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1