Ohio State post-game thread

Reacher

Just now, IUFLA said:

I honestly think TJD was frustrated with what Wesson was getting away with on both ends of the floor...

And it showed in his game...

There were a couple times Wesson completely pushed off and cleared space didn’t get called. Hopefully next time TJD won’t get frustrated but just get mad and play well. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rico said:

No, but he can speed up the offense(our half-court sucks) and he can press on D.  

He threw up that half-hearted press a couple of times, but I hear ya...if we're going to press, make it a real one, like we were doing at the end...

And to be honest, I was more concerned with how bad we were at times on defense than what we did offensively...

We weren't working through screens or switching very well...and Ahrens and Andre Wesson showed us what a good shooter with open looks can do...

I feel responsible to at least say that this loss had nothing to do with DG’s lack of whatever.  Not a fan at all, but for this game I have no complaints on him. Pathetic effort on the defensive boards and the inability to make layups by this team is just unbelievable. Robbie Hummel nailed it. Can’t expect CAM to have an answer when we miss the number of layups and open shots that we do. If anything, we can be mad at CAM for not having a shooter three years in. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I feel responsible to at least say that this loss had nothing to do with DG’s lack of whatever.  Not a fan at all, but for this game I have no complaints on him. Pathetic effort on the defensive boards and the inability to make layups by this team is just unbelievable. Robbie Hummel nailed it. Can’t expect CAM to have an answer when we miss the number of layups and open shots that we do. If anything, we can be mad at CAM for not having a shooter three years in. 

It’s kind of mind boggling there is nobody that can shoot well consistently on this team. 

32 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’d like to see Jerome get more minutes. Not sure where they come from, but he TJD and Brunk are fighting in the post... our guard play has been very, very hard to watch.

Put him in at the 3 for Smith.

May have some issues on defensive side, but he is more a 3 than Smith.

These guys are the Indiana Dow Jonesers playing in a very volatile market.  Absolutely have to short them on the road though.

Call me crazy.  I'm old and my vision is probably failing me but here are the positives I saw today:

1.  JH can play BB.  Seems to slowly be rounding into playing form

2.  Deron is showing more signs of ability to contribute positive minutes

3.  Open shots are being created by the O.  I think the players are simply not sinking the shots that are there.  Think maybe still not strong enough.  I still believe RP is playing thru chronic injury and won't recover until the season is over.

4.  Race will return from injury before the year is out and improve the rotations.

CAM absolutely has them playing better than last year even though inconsistent.  My biggest criticism of the players is that they still do not seem to have the tenacity required to play in the BIG.  Hope that will come with maturation.

That's all I've got.   Rather watch Golf now.

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Isn’t that what shooters do? Make wide open shots?

So he was a shooter else where but stopped being one when he came here?  Is that what you are claiming. Never shot below 40% till he came here. Dropped 10% points in this system. 

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Got to be one of the worst posts ever!

Only if you are allergic to reality. 

Not making an excuse, but  a really good rebounding IU team was beaten badly on the offensive boards, giving OSU enough second chance points to win.

Hoosiers were playing their fourth game in 10 days, including two in the road. Since Jan. 4th , their longest stretch between games was 5 days playing MSU on 1/23 after playing at NEB on 1/18. Every other was 3-4 days.  IU's last four opponents had the following time between games:

MSU 6 days, MD 5 days, PS 7 days, OSU 6 days. IU played MD 3 days after MSU, PS 3 days after MD, plus travel, OSU 3 days after PS plus travel.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s not the players it’s the system. Evan Fitzner was a great shooter he came here and couldn’t hit wide open ones. 

41% - Saint Mary
43% -Saint Mary
40% - Saint Mary
30%  - Indiana 

Yeah sure it was a coincidence 

I'd wager that B10 defenses are a little more stout than what you'd find in the West Coast Conference..

Archived