Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Unless he takes a different job.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not too worried about that lol. 

Agree.  Unless his resume improves a lot from where it sits, no one is going to want to match his salary.  That is the one move that looked pretty good when it was done, but looks like a disaster now.  Things can change quickly in college sports and that's the only potential saving grace.

...and yes, with that much invested, I don't see the GoFundMe working this year or next.

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree.  Unless his resume improves a lot from where it sits, no one is going to want to match his salary.  That is the one move that looked pretty good when it was done, but looks like a disaster now.  Things can change quickly in college sports and that's the only potential saving grace.

...and yes, with that much invested, I don't see the GoFundMe working this year or next.

Don’t care... it’s Purdue 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you don’t care, why post about it?

I do care... about IU. Don’t really think anything about our most bitter rival deserves or belongs here.

So sick of reading about Purdue on this forum.

Believe that the mods have been too welcoming to you. 

Go find people who care about Purdue to talk to.

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Doesn’t really answer the question. Why are you here?

Do you really think that an IU forum is the appropriate place for you?

Shame on the mods for allowing this to go on for 10 years.

LOL

I hope this is a bit tongue in cheek. @Stlboiler23 isn't a troll or rude (from my limited experience). This board is great because of our differences; I don't see the value of kicking respectable people out simply because they see things differently.

This place won't be engaging and interesting if its simply an echo chamber. Yes, we all (most) love IU. But we can still be adults and engage with different opinions.

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I do care... about IU. Don’t really think anything about our most bitter rival deserves or belongs here.

So sick of reading about Purdue on this forum.

Believe that the mods have been too welcoming to you. 

Go find people who care about Purdue to talk to.

I agree that some threads get hijacked, but this is the B1G football thread. Can we take the beef to another thread? This is one of the only ones that talking Purdue is actually on topic.

I don't like reading about the Colts all the time on the IU football forum, so I just don't open that thread.

Can you imagine Bucknuts allowing someone from UM to be as active on their board? Or Maize and Blue allowing an OSU or Sparty fan ? Or Black and Gold putting up with one of us?

I am just sick of opening threads and finding so much Purdue conversation. 

I am pretty sure that one iteration of this board had a byline that said something about talking about all things IU. Guess in a lot of poster’s opinions that includes accommodating our biggest rival.

Not why I come here. 

As I said previously... don’t care if it’s about Purdue 

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can you imagine Bucknuts allowing someone from UM to be as active on their board? Or Maize and Blue allowing an OSU or Sparty fan ? Or Black and Gold putting up with one of us?

I am just sick of opening threads and finding so much Purdue conversation. 

I am pretty sure that one iteration of this board had a byline that said something about talking about all things IU. Guess in a lot of poster’s opinions that includes accommodating our biggest rival.

Not why I come here. 

As I said previously... don’t care if it’s about Purdue 

Take it up with the management Bro.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Bro, shouldn’t have to 

In all of its iterations, HSN has tried to remain a place for open, objective conversation that is centered around but not necessarily exclusively about Indiana University athletics. 

Personally, I like having differing perspectives around, so long as they're presented respectfully. It keeps things from being an echo chamber. The occasional jab is also allowable, so long as the party throwing the jab can take one as well. 

StlBoiler has never been out of line and will generally give credit where credit is due, regardless of which side is getting the credit. As far as I'm concerned, he's a member in good standing with no reason to think otherwise. 

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

In all of its iterations, HSN has tried to remain a place for open, objective conversation that is centered around but not necessarily exclusively about Indiana University athletics. 

Personally, I like having differing perspectives around, so long as they're presented respectfully. It keeps things from being an echo chamber. The occasional jab is also allowable, so long as the party throwing the jab can take one as well. 

StlBoiler has never been out of line and will generally give credit where credit is due, regardless of which side is getting the credit. As far as I'm concerned, he's a member in good standing with no reason to think otherwise. 

That's fine....As I said previously, the occasional visit from a fan of another school is fine. Having a person from our biggest rival having almost 1000 posts here, and having so many threads go down the Purdue sinkhole, is the problem, imo. I probably am the only one here with this concern, but I really find that this board is way too open in tolerating conversation about all things Purdue. Don't care who they are playing, why they are losing, who they are recruiting, blah,blah, blah. Ad nauseum, as I said previously. Also can't understand any IU fan who also claims allegiances to Purdue in any way, shape or form. At some point, you either are or aren't an IU fan. Again, could you imagine a UM fan who also roots for OSU?

Different perspectives are one thing, but too much of that perspective is where the problem lies.

Archived