Penn State Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Race is a guy I've been watching. He keeps disappearing, but he's clearly (to me) made a big jump from last year, he's just not being consistently aggressive offensively. He needs to throw that switch to being aggressive, and I'd like to see him take some more outside shots to go with his inside game.

Race is much better this year. I do think he will learn to be more aggressive. He has taken a couple of 3s so I think that too will come over time. Last night was tough for him having to guard the 3 pt line and he was exposed a few times on D. I see him being a very solid upperclassman. 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Guys it's all over for Archie.  Most fans I know are now rooting for losses.  The only question now is does he get a year 5 or god forbid a year 6?

Don't needs fans like that and just stay on rivals with the other negative nancies.  I am sure fpaugh it whatever his name is is enjoying himself.  Just because you and a few of your friends say something it doesn't.reptrzent the whole fan base

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What?

You said you thought we got Stanford and Providence on bad days...I disagree...I think both are use to playing Pac 12 or Big East opponents who aren't as physical as Big 10 or Big 12 teams are...

That's why we beat them so handily...not because they had a bad day...

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Race is much better this year. I do think he will learn to be more aggressive. He has taken a couple of 3s so I think that too will come over time. Last night was tough for him having to guard the 3 pt line and he was exposed a few times on D. I see him being a very solid upperclassman. 

He'll have to do it again against Maryland...my guess is he'll draw Donta Scott, who I think is an emerging star in our league...

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

How many of those “fans” reside in your head?

I'm not ready to fire CAM, but the NW was a watershed for me.  He's on shaky ground in my mind, but not quite the hot seat.

His contract expires at the end of May 2024 which means that at the end of this season he has only 3 years left on his contract.  IU has to decide whether to extend him or not soon.  It would be more difficult to recruit with just 3 years left.

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Spot on. The unfortunate reality is everyone expects instant results and gratification in today’s society. I’ve preached for the past couple of seasons to give Archie 5-6 years to get a full cycle of “his” recruits and his system in place. Throw in 2020, Covid, it’s gonna be an up and down year. I also think more people (myself included) are desperate for success and relevance. I truly believe it’s coming.

4 years is not instant.

Glad we got the win last night, hopefully we see them with more regularity as the season progresses.

37 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I'm not ready to fire CAM, but the NW was a watershed for me.  He's on shaky ground in my mind, but not quite the hot seat.

His contract expires at the end of May 2024 which means that at the end of this season he has only 3 years left on his contract.  IU has to decide whether to extend him or not soon.  It would be more difficult to recruit with just 3 years left.

He'll be fired after next season.

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll be fired after next season.

see.. i'm not saying it's what i want, but i kind of believe this.  we're going to be lucky to finish 14-13 this year.  we'll be lucky to be better next year minus TJD and adding no immediate impact players.  that might get him fired.  

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I use to be that way but an outcome of a game shouldn't effect you this way because it is not healthy

Couldn’t agree more. Not that I was flipping out or anything but I could tense more almost longterm disappointment in sports I’m general. Like too many things would make my brain think “yea and we keep sucking and that sucks!” 😂 So I just backed away. Down shifted big time.

still love this board and all the people on it. Get my heart in check and I’ll be around more :) is 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Couldn’t agree more. Not that I was flipping out or anything but I could tense more almost longterm disappointment in sports I’m general. Like too many things would make my brain think “yea and we keep sucking and that sucks!” 😂 So I just backed away. Down shifted big time.

still love this board and all the people on it. Get my heart in check and I’ll be around more :) is 

I knew I had to change when kids was afraid to be around me when IU was on

22 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I agree. I had to back away and downshift after we got jobbed so bad in that finals game in '73. I did get some redemption in 76,81,and 87 though. 

37 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see.. i'm not saying it's what i want, but i kind of believe this.  we're going to be lucky to finish 14-13 this year.  we'll be lucky to be better next year minus TJD and adding no immediate impact players.  that might get him fired.  

It's far from a given that TJD goes - I'd be surprised if he is a first rounder. Even if he does, duncomb and Brunk beef up the front court and Lander could be very good a year from now. I think that team is better than this one even without TJD. It's great if we do have him.

9 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

It's far from a given that TJD goes - I'd be surprised if he is a first rounder. Even if he does, duncomb and Brunk beef up the front court and Lander could be very good a year from now. I think that team is better than this one even without TJD. It's great if we do have him.

It’s been pointed out in last two games that he needs to develop his right hand to play at the next level. Can’t use his left hand to shoot layups from right side of basket. Will get sent to 20th row

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s been pointed out in last two games that he needs to develop his right hand to play at the next level. Can’t use his left hand to shoot layups from right side of basket. Will get sent to 20th row

I heard Brian Evans say right now TJD just doesn't have the skill set to make an NBA roster

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Needs to be able to make a shot outside of the paint too. Doesn't mean he'll stay, but currently he's got a G-League game not an NBA game. 

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yup. And he doesn't have the crazy jumping ability that makes nba teams overlook things like that. No sign that he can hit the outside shot, either. 

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Needs to be able to make a shot outside of the paint too. Doesn't mean he'll stay, but currently he's got a G-League game not an NBA game. 

I wonder if TJD has talked at all to CAM about whether he intends to leave for NBA at end of season, stay, or is undecided.

If he comes back, CAM and IU obviously in much better position.  CAM can afford to bring frosh along slowly this year if TJD coming back.

Archived