Indiana HS football 2022

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

@Hoosierfan1901

Is Harrison pretty good?  Sounds like Jasper had an injury problem. 

Jasper has their starting QB out and their #1WR/DB out, those are the only 2 I know about. They also had like 5 fumbles too. Harrrison does have a couple of nice DBs also. 

Harrison wasn’t projected to be good this season, sounds like they were on all cylinders last night and benefited from Jasper’s mistakes and injuries. The North game will tell if they are legit or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

You guys don’t have a soccer program? Hard to believe a school of your size doesn’t. 

480 kids? 

So 240 boys or so.... with 60 of those playing football, 10-12 cross country, 8-10 tennis. 

Thats 80-90 boy athletes right there, that already have a sport. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

480 kids? 

So 240 boys or so.... with 60 of those playing football, 10-12 cross country, 8-10 tennis. 

Thats 80-90 boy athletes right there, that already have a sport. 🤷‍♂️

That’s a lot of kids honestly…how many would play if you had a program? I mean that’s still basically 150 boys with nothing to play. If there was a youth program much of those other kids might play. Just surprised because I see much smaller schools in other parts of the country play soccer. Just saying…surprised more schools don’t offer it. Much better chance for a kid to get a soccer scholarship than some of those other sports. 

Edited by dgambill

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

That’s a lot of kids honestly…how many would play if you had a program? I mean that’s still basically 150 boys with nothing to play. If there was a youth program much of those other kids might play. Just surprised because I see much smaller schools in other parts of the country play soccer. Just saying…surprised more schools don’t offer it. Much better chance for a kid to get a soccer scholarship than some of those other sports. 

We don't particularly want soccer. Lol 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought there might have been an issue with starting soccer up?   But concerns over "thefts" of the football program makes total sense...albeit a "selfish" concern.  lol

Agree. 

But, there really isn't a "need". We don't have any athletes missing out. 

And start up is certainly some of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

A soccer ball is probably about $10 from Wal mart. Procure some road cones and gtg.

Start up would certainly involve a big commitment from a youth program…but agree it would be a worthwhile endeavor. Most lucrative and popular sport in the world…one where you don’t even need to be 6’6 or bench press 225 10 times which honestly is perfect for a small school who may not have the kids with the size to feel like they would be competitive in sports like basketball or football but could be very competitive in a sport like soccer. For every Adonis like Rinaldo there is another superstar like Messi who is 5’7 (maybe in his cleats) and a buck fifty….and perhaps the greatest we’ve ever seen. I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor for schools to adopt….especially in a state who has one of the most historic college programs in the country yet all we want to do is shove a ball in their hands instead of at their feet lol. This is from a guy that played football and basketball in high school but likely would have benefited a greater deal from playing a different sport because I was skinny kid 6’2 and could run for days but didn’t have neither the size or strength to play the other sports to an elite level.

• Like 2

You can always count on at least two things when a high school coach's poll is released each week:

1) Some team mistakenly getting ranked because they're right next to the team that should have been chosen on an alphabetized list. This week, the honor goes to Eastern Pekin, who got votes in the 2A poll after winning for the first time in 3 years last week. Their votes probably should have gone to Eastern Greentown, but to be honest, I have no idea why they get votes every year. 

2) Fans b*tching and moaning about how Team A is ranked above Team B even though Team B beat Team A. Fort Wayne Dwenger is #8 in 5A while Fort Wayne North is #9. North beat Dwenger 32-27 last week. Never really understood why people so worked up over this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

You can always count on at least two things when a high school coach's poll is released each week:

1) Some team mistakenly getting ranked because they're right next to the team that should have been chosen on an alphabetized list. This week, the honor goes to Eastern Pekin, who got votes in the 2A poll after winning for the first time in 3 years last week. Their votes probably should have gone to Eastern Greentown, but to be honest, I have no idea why they get votes every year. 

2) Fans b*tching and moaning about how Team A is ranked above Team B even though Team B beat Team A. Fort Wayne Dwenger is #8 in 5A while Fort Wayne North is #9. North beat Dwenger 32-27 last week. Never really understood why people so worked up over this. 

Speaking of Pekin. We play them this week. 

18 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Yeah I don’t know why anyone would get upset. Polls are subjective…and everyone’s opinions are going to probably differ. Plus it all gets settled on the field anyways. That said if I’m a 16 year old I’m sure it would matter as motivation but for the rest of us…I mean we can’t even get close to agreeing on college or professional team rankings much less be worried how correct a high school one would be.

The fans who were upset about Dwenger being 1 spot higher than North Side in the 5A poll can relax a bit: the AP poll released today has North Side #8 and Dwenger #10. 

The head-scratcher in this poll is 3A Heritage getting 8 votes after getting none last week and fresh off a 42-0 loss. I'm guessing their votes were intended for Heritage Hills. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Haha 1

Memorial had like 250 yards on the ground last night, first 200+ yard game for the Tigers this season. Passing game is still a little off, but it appears Memorial might be switching out QBs. Our starting RB opened his debut with 178 yards on 18 carries. Tigers are slowly getting there, as it appears they will be returning their top WR against Mater Dei this week. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901