Indiana HS football 2022

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Sounds like they make some great halftime adjustments.  :coffee:

If games didn't start until halftime, they might have a winning record. 

4 hours ago, rico said:

Brett Fox seems like an easy guy to root for. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

No idea, they did a lot of realignment over the summer 

Well that one got by me.  BTW, I have 2 B-I-Ls that played for Co. City back in the 90s.  Both have kids that attend the school.  So needless to say they are stoked about the Eagles' success this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Co. City had some very solid teams in the 90's. Chris Judd was an absolute beast.

I knew they did but I didn't live in the area then.  All I know is we kicked their asses when I played.  lol  Times have changed.

I have been following CC closely the last few years or so.  They have been good but just couldn't seem to get by Leo, East Noble, or Norwell.  Tad different this year.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I knew they did but I didn't live in the area then.  All I know is we kicked their asses when I played.  lol  Times have changed.

I have been following CC closely the last few years or so.  They have been good but just couldn't seem to get by Leo, East Noble, or Norwell.  Tad different this year.

You're absolutely right, times have changed the balance of powers. All of those schools were doormats in the early 90's.  We usually got the best of CC, but they were solid. Beat them once in a top 10 match-up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You're absolutely right, times have changed the balance of powers. All of those schools were doormats in the early 90's.  We usually got the best of CC, but they were solid. Beat them once in a top 10 match-up. 

Columbia City is booming right now housing wise.  The area is really growing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Will CC, be a perennial contender in 4A North now? I thought East Noble was, but it seems like they are on a decline this year

CC has never won a regional, but I feel they will become a perennial sectional contender in the coming years.  BTW, NorthWood is a perennial contender in the north.

1 minute ago, rico said:

CC has never won a regional, but I feel they will become a perennial sectional contender in the coming years.  BTW, NorthWood is a perennial contender in the north.

I like to have some parity in the North, as it seems as the 4A South SS is nearing the “Unofficial State title game” again this year. Since everyone on GID last year said whoever came out that one was going to win State easily.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I saw recently that Columbia City's JV team was unbeaten until its final game of the season and its 7th grade was undefeated this year. Might be some good times on the horizon for them. 

26 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I saw recently that Columbia City's JV team was unbeaten until its final game of the season and its 7th grade was undefeated this year. Might be some good times on the horizon for them. 

Add to it they have a nice new football stadium!